1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. christianzee2002

christianzee2002
    Expand Collapse

But where did they say that. Where is everyone getting this info... Link plzz

2. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

There is story behind it, it starts few (tens) of pages ago :)

There has been posts in thread about under the hood stuff some even at previous page I believe.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Confused_Deer43

Confused_Deer43
    Expand Collapse

Some under the hood stuff about tire model was mentioned on a thread called "tire model potential", I don't think it's mentioned if it was in any of the new updates.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. j2305432

j2305432
    Expand Collapse

Friday is often the right day

• Like Like x 2
  5. DOUGL4S1

DOUGL4S1
    Expand Collapse

You sound like that Gut Feeling dude...

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. LukeFHJ

LukeFHJ
    Expand Collapse

It usually drops at like 11PM British time and 12AM in Germany on Friday morning.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

No dynamic weather features but one can simulate rain in the terrain editor by reducing the roads friction and T3D can make dark clouds (I remember I did this like 3yrs ago

8. DOUGL4S1

DOUGL4S1
    Expand Collapse

Wasn't there an old screenshot, like almost (or maybe over) 2 years ago, showing a D-Series and the roads and vegetation wet with rain? I remember posting that image somewhere (not in this forums).

Edit: Found it, but it seems to be just a test with the engine, unfortunatelly.

#4428 DOUGL4S1, Apr 6, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  9. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

I see this update coming Friday, and it will be at the perfect time, as this week I had 4 projects due for my computer manufacturing class, a honors biology test that was based on content directly out of the textbook, and a CLEP exam...

Again, the big things I'm hyped for are the Hopper, WCUSA (If it comes :confused:) and the new emergency lighting.

Why I'm hyped for:

The Hopper: It's a new SUV! The roamer and D-series are good offroaders, but the hopper will probably do far better than both of them. Also, I'm hoping it has a lot of configs, as the legran and K-series have seemed to be lacking... I hope we didn't rush the devs too much.

WCUSA: We don't have confirmation on this, and it's only a possibility, but this has been the map I've been hyped for. It's an urban area, contrary to the previous maps! The only issue is if it comes or not...

New Emergency Lighting: Ok, I'm a police nerd, and since I'll never actually be a cop (I'm kind of a wuss...) video games are as close as I can get. This new controllable lighting may be a first for a stock game! (I've never seen a (Vanilla) game where you could change the sequences). The only thing we need is a siren!

I'm really hyped for this update, far more than I was for 0.8. and we can only guess when it will come out... I hope that the Friday possibility will become a reality!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  10. LukeFHJ

LukeFHJ
    Expand Collapse

So, with version 0.9 most probably dropping this month, will the version after be out of the alpha / early access stage and be the full game at 1.0.0?

11. Notsofancygames

Notsofancygames
    Expand Collapse

It's possible the update could come out tomorrow, but remember what Tdev said last friday "It will take atleast another week" (Pretty much exactly what he said) So I wouldn't pop the champagne just yet but who knows. If not tomorrow, then probably mid next week or Friday next week.

We just need to wait and see (and not repeat the disaster of this thread last Friday :))

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. Stance02

Stance02
    Expand Collapse

13. JackCossack

JackCossack
    Expand Collapse

Nah, might as well be a 0.10

14. ADHDRacer

ADHDRacer
    Expand Collapse

@tdev any confirmation for a release date? I'm not trying to rush, take your time, but I'd like to know a general range. 1 week ago you said "At least a week", how much longer would you say there is to go?

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. naguluna

naguluna
    Expand Collapse

you are just doing that, will be out when is ready so be patient please ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. ADHDRacer

ADHDRacer
    Expand Collapse

I'm not rushing him, simply asking for a estimated release date. I don't care when it comes out, I'd just like to know.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  17. DOUGL4S1

DOUGL4S1
    Expand Collapse

He said almost a week ago that they'd need a week or so, so I think by next week we'll have the update. Worst case scenario it will be delayed until the end of the month. Anyways, the wait will be worth, as the update appears to be quite big.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

That's what I was thinking. I feel the same way. I don't think an estimate is anything like the "WHEN IS IT COMING OUT?!" kind of posts. Besides, estimates can be wrong at times, but they can give some general ideas.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Notsofancygames

Notsofancygames
    Expand Collapse

Yeah I don't mind honestly if they don't tell us but it would be nice to know when it's coming... (especially so people just calm the hell down when its a friday and the update isn't out yet)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Sparks4

Sparks4
    Expand Collapse

They're probably just putting the final touches on top before they ship the update in the next few days.
    They probably are spending their time fixing all the bugs there is too. Which takes some time. I did see the steamdb webpage update a few times today, which means they're doing exactly as what I said. Give them the time they need.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice