1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

I don't think twin engines are supported in the game currently, I mean sure you can make one but it requires quite a lot of custom LUA. It would be super cool if they made it official, if not then someone will make a mod for it, but that will either take a long time with custom LUA or be simplified like the Twin Mill Hopper mod.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

a fair chunk of the groundwork for dual engines has been done, see the AWD electric cars for that.
    AFAIK the only thing that would need new controllers would be the transmission & clutch, and while i'm not that knowledgeable about LUA, surely it's not that hard to set up a "secondary gearbox" that uses the same keybinds?
    And alternatively, if you did want to bind the gearboxes separately, the T-series could also make use of whatever extra keybinds they pick, if it gets a twin-stick gearbox with its remaster.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

You can also see each electric motor's power and torque numbers and curves through the Engine Dynamometer UI App (and add them up so as to find how close the total is to the official stats), so yes, this means that at least some dual engine groundwork has been done.
    As for the separate gearbox keybinds, it would be practical for the twin-stick box of the T-Series (it only has two clearly superficial stick shifts now) but there's an application where it can be binded with the "Shift + P" and "Shift + E" keys: the twin-stick gearboxes of the late 70s/early 80s economy cars (think of the 1979-85 Mitsubishi/Dodge Colt), featuring 4 low gears designed for power ("Shift + P") and 4 high ones suitable for fuel economy ("Shift + E").
    There are also the triple/quadruple Hurst Lightning Rod shifters but those are for the classic Torque Converter automatics and, like the twin shifters of the T-Series, they're also clearly superficial, as of now at least.

#45783 McBeamer94, Aug 5, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  4. surprisinguser1

surprisinguser1
    Expand Collapse

The game currently only supports one transmission per car out of the box. IIRC there was a twin-engine covet mod years ago, not sure if it still works though. You had to have a second ui app mod and different key bindings (because if they had the same, the mod would conflict with the game and the game would crash) for the second transmission, so it was really difficult to drive. It was a very janky workaround that barely worked. Let’s be real, though, that would be a very niche support that almost nobody would use.

• Agree Agree x 6
  5. Borg Drone

Borg Drone
    Expand Collapse

i had some ideas again
    1- an ingame livery editor ( i know that would take a lot and wouldn't even be able to be implemented) like NFS or Forza
    2- an speedo-/tachometer akin to the one see in gt7
    3- also when recovering the car that the headlights stay on like the fog lights
    4- RGB/beat sinc and colorable neons

#45785 Borg Drone, Aug 7, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Addicti0nToB00st

Addicti0nToB00st
    Expand Collapse

These may be more applicable to QOL (quality of life) improvement suggestions, i do not see any kind of speculation here

• Agree Agree x 9
  7. Borg Drone

Borg Drone
    Expand Collapse

5- i speculate that the covet will either have a v6 or a vr6 in the back
    6- i hope the k-series will have an proper race version gt3/gt4/DTM, V8/V6 (hopefully both), a lot of carbon fiber bits, maybe a convertible (probably not but would be cool), new rims, ceramic brakes, even more new Bodyparts that they have shown us already
    the rest is up to you guys

• Like Like x 4
  8. Franz027

Franz027
    Expand Collapse

I have an Important question:

Have u seen previous Bastion trailer, right?

But, SSRB map, will be a future default map? Because it was in the trailer... Maybe that could be a hint

Maybe i could be wrong
    --- Post updated ---
    And a tip: I think that a radio in beamng cars would be amazing!
    But with this function: You can create a folder, download some videos/audios of songs, and put them in folder... So people can have their songs in the radio

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

Since the MR Turbo has the word "Turbo" in it, I believe it's gonna have a turbocharged version of the 2.0 DOHC I4. And I say this because the 2.7 V6 has twin turbos, so it wouldn't make sense having a twin-turbo engine and simply calling it the "Turbo" instead of the "Twin-Turbo" or "TT" for short.
    If the car is gonna be the base for a Rally car, then I believe it should have the 2.7 V6 for a better impersonation of the Group B. Not that it wouldn't be as good with the Turbo 2.0 DOHC I4 (after all, almost all mid-engined Group B Rally cars had Turbocharged/Twincharged I4s) but I think a Twin-Turbo V6 would stand out more. But if it's gonna have the I4, then a Group A Rally car would be great, since it's more inline with the known production years of the Covet (1987 - 1991, unless they get changed in the 0.26 Update, which they certainly will).

As for the K-Series, ETKs have I6s, not V6s. ;-)

• Agree Agree x 8
  10. Borg Drone

Borg Drone
    Expand Collapse

I agree with the covet stuff
    I certainly would disagree with the ETK part, first those updates happen to cars that dont have enough content it wouldnt make sense to keep the k-series an inline 6 or any other ETKs for that (Legran/ new Pessima/Van/Roamer)
    I don't believe that ETK is a one trick pony and they clearly have some tricks up their sleeves
    Second a Car manufacturer like ETK wouldn't just make inline 6 engines in small, medium and big (also in my opinion the k-series literally Screames for both V8 and V6)
    i would think they offer 2,4L inline 6 in the low price range the 3L i6 and maybe 2,7L twinturbo/3,5l NA V6 for the mid range and a 4L Biturbo/5,5 Biturbo /4,2L NA /6,3L V for the high range ( i know bit many engines to be implemented but its still an speculation not a written fact) since it clearly based on the Z4 E89,SL55/65 and maybe a little bit of an audi tt hence the AWD ?

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

I don't see where McBeamer said anything wrong here, the ETK's existing engine is an i6. There's no opinion there to disagree with. I can't think of an IRL vehicle in class which offered both i6 and V6 options in the same generation.

• Agree Agree x 7
  12. Borg Drone

Borg Drone
    Expand Collapse

yeah i see my mistake with the disagreeing part
    also why not have a v6 when the Civetta Scintilla has the after market diesel v8 it could be the same
    more engine choices more fun
    could be a engine for my speculated k-series gt4

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. alex1dp

alex1dp
    Expand Collapse

That's extremely unlikely, a 2.7 V6 (be it single or twin-turbo) would make way too much power, especially for such a short wheelbase car, and there would be significant problems with heat management. With a turbo 2.7 it would also fall in the 4l class, so it would need to run with a lot of ballast.
    If the devs want to keep it within real Group B regulations, it will probably have a ~1.75l DOHC I4 to take advantage of the lower minimum weight of the 2.5l class.

A Group A version would most likely be front engine, the mid engine version wouldn't probably have had enough units built to receive Group A homologation.

• Agree Agree x 6
  14. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

The only reason I said that is because I was only referring to the ETK I6s. I know, the brand doesn't only make I6s, they also make I4s and, like many fellow commenters in here, I want the ETK variety to expand to different engines, like I3s, V8s and V12s (there's plenty of brand-expansionary material to be made with these engines, plus there's the characteristic "Lego", "0.5 liter per cylinder" way of engine manufacturing which I have mentioned quite a few times and for which the Germans are well known today).
    But in particular, the ETK brand is very well known for its I6s in the game lore and they have become a trademark feature of the brand so it wouldn't make sense changing them to V6s. It's purely a matter of uniqueness.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. gtaman788

gtaman788
    Expand Collapse

I think there MAY be a FWD pessima Swap V6 for all youre V6 needs.

Possibly a V6 RWD NON factory swap to. ?

other then that. It seems like Covet is a inline 4 only or inline 3 if they add one :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

About the Group B car, you're right to some extent. The V6 may be a bit heavy and the turbos are gonna make a lot of heat but then again the turbos can be water cooled and the intercoolers can be mounted inside the side air vents, in front of the rear wheels, so that can sweeten the deal. Plus the V6 is already mounted transversely in the Pessima (even if it is the new Pessima and not the old one), so the technical part is already prepared and there's only the Rally AWD system to complete it. The ballast is certainly gonna kneecap the car though.
    As for the Group A car, you're absolutely right, it has to be front-engined because we're talking about a more sedate category in general but the Group A cars (or most of them at least) still had AWD so I think it's vital for the Group A Covet too.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05
    Expand Collapse

i feel like while the group b version is pretty clearly gonna be an r5 turbo mixed with a 6r4 we're probably gonna get a delta integrale-like if they make a group a version

• Agree Agree x 7
  18. Borg Drone

Borg Drone
    Expand Collapse

we also have the bolide rally car and thats almost undrivable and thats group 4 ? so a covet with an v6 tt/turbo doesn't sound so far off they can also implement restrictor plates like the toyota celica had in the 90s

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

Group 4 cars weren't that advanced, they didn't have AWD afaik.
    As for restrictor plates, the concept is good to be included in the parts selector (say a "300hp Restrictor Plate" or a "350hp Restrictor Plate", all included into the Stage 3 Variable Boost Turbo submenu). Nice idea.

• Like Like x 6
  20. SNFriedM14

SNFriedM14
    Expand Collapse

Theres actually a radio UI app i think.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice