A remaster of the Automation Test Track would be the most awesome map thing for me that happened since Italy! Lets hope it comes to that.
There haven't been any new mods for a while, maybe update? --- Post updated --- lol That could also mean a Hopper remaster, which, I'll be honest, it needs BADLY.
i actually hope the "new" truck doesnt end up like the scintilla where we have to wait another 6 months
I don’t think a truck is likely to need as much fine tuning as a supercar, as it’s most certainly not designed to go around a racetrack. It likely won’t take as long to develop this vehicle at all.
Plus, it will most likely be a heavy vehicle. And heavy vehicles are easier to develop due to the nature of the structure of the BeamNG vehicles. In the Scintilla thread, once I noted the fact that the Carbon Ceramic Brakes don't weigh less than the standard ones, as they should, Tdev (IIRC) answered me by saying that it was difficult to make them to actually be lighter without running into bugs. But we can hope. After all, Carbon Ceramics have a huge potential. For example, the FCVs with the 5-cylinder could use them for improving the weight distribution on the front axle because there's some rear end destabilization when the car brakes to a standstill from high speeds.
Tube chassis vehicles are also generally easier to Jbeam as far as I know, you don't have to make a super complex unibody structure with varying stiffness distribution and crumple zones, but just uniform roll cage with evenly distributed weight and forces
I am so much looking forward to the next teaser as it will most likely give us new information about the k series or the new truck (more likely the k- series). My guess is next week
While 1/2 ton truck-based SUVs like the Suburban and Expedition have multilink rear suspension, the trucks they are based on all have solid axles.
The way I typed it is a bit confusing ("multilink-mounted coilover/sway bar live rear axle", that's a mouthful ). What I essentially meant though was that it would be better if the solid/live rear axle has links to keep it stable instead of leaf springs.
It does seem they've fixed the near inability to recover from oversteer with the understeer assist turned on, so that's good.
Actually, we did get new content in some way. The new GTz Rear Spoiler of the '88 Pessima (introduced in the 0.26 Update), got its own CHMSL for overcoming the fact that the existing one inside the cabin gets covered by it.
personally i'm really happy with it cause the 200bx is fixed. Haven't done much with it since the update because of the suspension problems
Yeah, that checks, that's usually how the teaser tuesdays work. But Makes me wonder what's cooking, I just hope the truck isn't coming this next update so devs can work on the other things that were on the pipeline for 0.26 but weren't on the final version
Live rear axle just means that the axle is powered. Solid means no independent suspension. I'm really unsure as to why people interchange the term solid axle and live axle because solid axles aren't always live ones, like in FWD vans or RWD HD trucks.