1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

    Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

    Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

  1. CaptainZoll

    CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Nov 10, 2016
    Messages:
    3,202
    that's kind of like saying "just make a d-series out of a grand marshal", the shape and construction of the whole thing is completely different.
    that being said, if you went back to the late 1930s, you could do that...
     
    • Agree Agree x 5
  2. surprisinguser1

    surprisinguser1
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2020
    Messages:
    567
    I mean, up until 2016, Ford was pushing out the Territory, which was based on the chassis of the pre-facelift Falcon...
     
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Deleted member 174490

    Deleted member 174490
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    All the recent updates have been focused on new cars, and the new truck appears to be new from what we've seen (doesn't make sense that they'd do another D-Series remaster, but who knows), I don't think we're getting any more old cars (other than remasters) for a long time, unfortunately.
     
  4. ManfredE3

    ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2016
    Messages:
    2,583
    A car based crossover is pretty standard, basically all crossovers are. A full sized sedan based medium duty truck? There isn't much that would carry over. Maybe the Gavril big block with a stroker kit but that's about it.
     
    • Agree Agree x 5
  5. Car8john

    Car8john
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    May 12, 2016
    Messages:
    6,392
    Only thing i can think of in which a car is placed onto a full truck chassis is for an armoured car/stretch limo, the majority of the Lincoln Continental stretch limos sit on XL truck frames with a migrated body from a Lincoln stretched to fit
     
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. zachariah.74

    zachariah.74
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2022
    Messages:
    851
    so be it, 1930s here we come
     
    • Like Like x 5
  7. bussin.buses

    bussin.buses
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2022
    Messages:
    5,163
    Teaser tomorrow? Thoughts?
     
    • Like Like x 4
  8. zachariah.74

    zachariah.74
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2022
    Messages:
    851
    I wanna see the K-Series again, or maybe we'll see something entirely new once again. I don't particularly mind which.
     
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  9. bussin.buses

    bussin.buses
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2022
    Messages:
    5,163
    Yeah, I forgot about the ETK. I hope it or my previous post is teased with an ETK K-Series, I-Series & 800-Series on the new extended flatbed I just made up lol
     
    • Like Like x 2
  10. hacker420

    hacker420
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 29, 2017
    Messages:
    1,187
    I want to see some mention of tire thermals tbh but no idea how they'd showcase it in a trailer
     
    • Agree Agree x 4
  11. bussin.buses

    bussin.buses
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2022
    Messages:
    5,163
    Yeah, a screenshot of someone hotlapping the hypothetical Nurburgring-alike track on the ETK Driver Experience Center in a remastered K-Series with a tire thermals UI app
     
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Koichiro Iketani

    Koichiro Iketani
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2018
    Messages:
    957
    Nah, teasers only really work with bigger content, like cars and maps, because there's a lot to play with and explore, simpler features can't really be teased without straight up saying "XYZ is coming in the update"
     
    • Agree Agree x 3
  13. bussin.buses

    bussin.buses
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2022
    Messages:
    5,163
    I know, that’s why I included k-series remaster and hypothetical track on hypothetical ETK map remaster
     
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. hacker420

    hacker420
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 29, 2017
    Messages:
    1,187
    yeah that's what I thought too, I want K-Series content then :p
     
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Johan The Channel

    Johan The Channel
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2020
    Messages:
    808
    I can't wait for the teaser tomorrow, what we'll see this time?
     
  16. Cutlass

    Cutlass
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 30, 2017
    Messages:
    3,548
    Nowhere has it been said it will happen, its just a guess.
     
    • Agree Agree x 5
  17. Instant Winrar

    Instant Winrar
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jun 12, 2015
    Messages:
    720
    More rocks!!
     
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. hacker420

    hacker420
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 29, 2017
    Messages:
    1,187
    inb4 0.27 lands and it's just rocks, nothing else
     
    • Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 3
  19. rpm

    rpm
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 24, 2020
    Messages:
    34
    I know that this may sound like a bit of a stretch, but if new van is ETK, what are chances of I series getting a diesel engine? German automakers usually use same diesel engines in their smaller commercial vehicles and passenger cars.
     
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  20. paulnewman

    paulnewman
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    May 2, 2022
    Messages:
    168
    Yeah, let’s see. The thing is etk van seems to be mostly inspired by volvo c303/304/306 which was exclusively powered by 3.0 liter na petrol engine from big-size volvo sedans. That’s probably due to the fact that volvo is a swedish manufacturer. As you know diesel engines don’t work that well in colder climate. On the other hand etk is supposed to be a german brand which would strongly imply the use of a diesel engine in this kind of vehicle.
    That would also nicely tie up with the discovery of diesel badges for i series.
    Overall I bet on one diesel and one petrol engine in stock specifications.
     
    • Agree Agree x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice