1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

I love all TrackPadUser's mods, they're small in size and they all know their exact roles in the game! As for the Superlite, I especially love the classic variants, with the teardrop-shaped front fenders, which should've never gone from the IRL Caterhams! ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. united.

united.
    Expand Collapse

why bruckell?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

Because, when compared to Gavril, Bruckell is underrepresented in the game lore and there are quite a few niches left open for Bruckell to fill them in. Gavril has 8 cars (including the Burnside Special) and Bruckell has only 4 (including the Soliad Wendover). Plus, the 80s Full-Size Pick-Up Truck niche is already covered by the D-Series.

• Agree Agree x 14
  4. D A R K

D A R K
    Expand Collapse

If not Bruckell then Ibishu

I also think that if they create modern SUV then Bruckell should have pickup truck and Wendover SUV. Just because Wendover is more luxury

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. bussin.buses

bussin.buses
    Expand Collapse

you mean a soliad suv? the wendover is the model, soliad is the make

#49785 bussin.buses, Dec 4, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 4
  6. toyota.potato

toyota.potato
    Expand Collapse

May be off topic, but is anyone considered that we may eventually get a new Soliad?

• Agree Agree x 6
  7. bussin.buses

bussin.buses
    Expand Collapse

I hope so. I hope its an ugly but cool 2000s Buick thing. that just needs to be in beam
    --- Post updated ---
    still holding out hope for a Sneak-Peek SundayTM

• Agree Agree x 6
  8. Car8john

Car8john
    Expand Collapse

You'd probably like Urbanmaid's Raython vehicles

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. bussin.buses

bussin.buses
    Expand Collapse

yeah, I use the Bruckell LeGran 2 a lot, but I like the Raython ones too

10. Somethingrio

Somethingrio
    Expand Collapse

11. SNFriedM14

SNFriedM14
    Expand Collapse

…ok

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Somethingrio

Somethingrio
    Expand Collapse

i was trying to see if my gif would work

• Like Like x 1
  13. toyota.potato

toyota.potato
    Expand Collapse

So far, the teasers and speculations have been heavily focused on content such as the new map and the large variety of new off-road vehicles. But there has been no speculation or hints of new features that will come with the new update. So what features are people thinking might be included in the upcoming update?

• Agree Agree x 8
  14. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

for the main feature of the update, I've seen a couple of ideas so far:
    1. Dirt/scratch system: it definitely seems weird to now have a heavily off-road focused part of the game, and cars still aren't capable of getting dirty. unless i'm mistaken, TDev mentioned that they were working on this back when he did the Q&A.
    2. Tire Thermals: this was confirmed as being worked on a few updates back, and at the time of the Q&A it was said to be planned for 0.26 iirc, so it's likely been delayed. it may have been put on the backburner.
    3. Floating point rework/map tiling/general big map support: a while back now nadeox1 said he was waiting on a feature to be added to the game for him to release the V2 update of his SSRB mod map. with the new official map being a wide-open desert, it's possible it makes use of the same feature, and may be larger even than italy.
    4. More cars to get openable latches: this is more of a jbeam team thing, but i'd expect a couple more vehicles to get their hydros replaced, at very least the existing vehicles we know are being worked on.
    5. Vehicle Selector Sorting: the tube frame vehicles potentially having standalone variants would be weird with the current setup of the vehicle selector, and cars like the covet and D-series have their trim levels abridged to prevent having too many configs, and the vivace and tograc being combined as the FCV platform likely will seem strange to new players. such a system could tidy up the vehicle selector.

• Agree Agree x 19
    • Like Like x 3
  15. GiHat

GiHat
    Expand Collapse

In earlier posts a lot of people was discussing Gavril/Bruckell war. there are more USA brands to be fill with vehicles like Burnside or Soliad. Jappanise market I think is missing one more manufacturer (New one we have a lot of Ibishu even most mod makers made mods for that brand). Devs never said that they will not make one type of car for one brand.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. bussin.buses

bussin.buses
    Expand Collapse

Wat

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

Since we seem to be heading in this direction anyhow, I'm thinking that the next pickup truck we're likely to get will be a compact pickup of some era. I'd lean more towards thinking that a classic Japanese pickup (the ones from the '80s like the Hilux and Hardbody were legendarily tough) will be the avenue that it appears from, but the appearance of the trophy truck, and the longtime request in the community for a modern American truck does make me wonder if that's going to be how it happens.

If it does though, it's going to be ... interesting to say the least. Some modern compact or mid-size pickup trucks have dimensions similar to full-size trucks from the era of the D-series.

• Agree Agree x 6
  18. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

An 80s Compact BOF Pick-Up Truck would make a ton of sense in terms of parts sharing, since Ibishu has the 2.5 I4 and 4.0 I6 Hopper engines (along with the accompanying 5-Speed Manual and 4-Speed Automatic Transmissions). And some diesels that could equip the Hopper in a potential remaster could also become part of this Ibishu Pick-Up Truck. And the GP Standard and GP Wrestler wheels as well as the 6-lug Ibishu Trekker wheel equipping the Hopper could also be shared with this Pick-Up. Even the Hopper's ladder frame could be shared, albeit elongated.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

i'd say at that point just make a hopper pickup bodystyle. then it gains the added weirdness of being a pickup with a removable roof.

• Agree Agree x 20
    • Like Like x 1
  20. LordChrissi

LordChrissi
    Expand Collapse

I think this got too less attention. If it is a remaster, I wonder what else comes with it.

Also is the piccobuggy a remaster or a new vehicle?

It is so cool when you make a buggy/go kart thing out of real cars with a chassis, like you can with bolide remaster for example. So if we get a piccolina and a sbr4 remaster and the piccobuggy and the mystery buggy are a configuration of them, there will be so many possibilities of different configurations.

• Agree Agree x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice