1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

    Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

    Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

  1. Keon_

    Keon_
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2021
    Messages:
    121
    His videos where what got me into Beam! I do feel bad, he got fucked over by Youtube. I also noticed him seeming a bit depressed, especially when he would make those "talking to the camera bout X issue" videos. My biggest gripe was that he had an RX7 and RX8, but never made a single video on them.
     
    • Agree Agree x 12
  2. vmlinuz

    vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Mar 2, 2014
    Messages:
    2,409
    I do believe with a fair deal of evidence that the update is happening early this week. Don't worry, I won't let you forget ;)
     
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. bussin.buses

    bussin.buses
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2022
    Messages:
    5,163
    I would’ve loved to see his cars, it would’ve been cool!
     
    • Agree Agree x 3
  4. DOUGL4S1

    DOUGL4S1
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 27, 2016
    Messages:
    427
    Please at least tell us if the update comes out tomorrow, I gotta call in sick for work if it does.
     
    • Agree Agree x 7
  5. vmlinuz

    vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Mar 2, 2014
    Messages:
    2,409
    Same, in fact I might need to grab an expired corona test and pink Sharpie if this update is as big as it seems! /s But it is going to take more than one evening to get through all that content
     
    • Agree Agree x 6
  6. JowoHD

    JowoHD
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Oct 27, 2016
    Messages:
    1,174
    it is snowing quite a bit in england and ive just realised, as i am no longer a child, i will not be getting a day off school to play beam if the update drops and instead will have to work and so basically this sucks
     
    • Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 2
  7. bussin.buses

    bussin.buses
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2022
    Messages:
    5,163
    IKR?
     
    • Agree Agree x 3
  8. vmlinuz

    vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Mar 2, 2014
    Messages:
    2,409
    We live in a society

    Bottom text
     
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  9. DriftinCovet1987

    DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 14, 2016
    Messages:
    1,825
    I think even if 0.28 comes out six months later, I'll still be working through all the shit in this update. Just the map alone will take so long to properly explore and learn, especially if it's 8x8 like I think it's going to be.

    I don't know if Johnson Valley will have any long rivers for the FPU Argo-thing - the only long rivers we have are at ECA, Italy, and Utah, with some decent waterways at JRI. WCA's canal is nice, but it's a bit too shallow for the Beaver and the part that is deep enough is too short. Industrial's river on the east side works to an extent, but it's almost completely straight - which isn't exactly the most exciting thing at 5 mph.

    Looking at a map of the IRL Johnson Valley, it doesn't appear to have any permanent rivers - it's got Emerson Lake, but that's more like a dry lake bed that occasionally gets wet. It'd be great for top speed runs, maybe, or some messing around in the sand.

    Are you the same JowoHD who I see in FailRace videos? You probably are, but I just want to check.
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. ManfredE3

    ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2016
    Messages:
    2,577
    I'm so excited for that lakebed, which it looks like we are getting from the last teaser. Probably the closest thing we'll ever have to Boneville salt flats in game. Even if it isn't ideal for that use case, it'll be really cool to have something to approximate that kind of motor sport and we could see some unique content for salt flat racing. Drop tank car anyone?

    As for the XTV... It is a weird choice for them to put in this update, it doesn't really seem like something which is at home in the desert.
     
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  11. Car8john

    Car8john
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    May 12, 2016
    Messages:
    6,392
    I'd hope not
     
  12. bussin.buses

    bussin.buses
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2022
    Messages:
    5,163
    6F911C20-7EA6-4751-B736-1A5CEC4EF2A2.png
     
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. Cutlass

    Cutlass
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 30, 2017
    Messages:
    3,546
    People are claiming the update is coming Monday with no evidence what in the world is happening?
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. bussin.buses

    bussin.buses
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2022
    Messages:
    5,163
    ok
     
  15. Cutlass

    Cutlass
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 30, 2017
    Messages:
    3,546
    I meant to actually say something lol
     
    • Like Like x 4
  16. CarCrasher283

    CarCrasher283
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 14, 2017
    Messages:
    386
    true, but Leeloo certainly hasn’t done anything to say otherwise
     
    • Agree Agree x 5
  17. DriftinCovet1987

    DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 14, 2016
    Messages:
    1,825
    I don't think the devs would add a vehicle that heavily specialized, but a lakester (and many other salt flat racers) could become more common as mods thanks to this update. Official content tends to influence what mods come out quite a lot, after all.

    The XTV still fits into the "off-road" theme of this update, and we've already got a few rivers and lakes and ponds for it to frolic in. And it's a very good vehicle on dirt, grass, mud, rocks, and other soft surfaces.

    It's just an absolute pain to drive around on paved roads.
     
    • Agree Agree x 4
  18. JowoHD

    JowoHD
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Oct 27, 2016
    Messages:
    1,174
    yes
     
    • Like Like x 7
  19. bussin.buses

    bussin.buses
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2022
    Messages:
    5,163
    You forgot sand. I bet it’ll have huge sand tires, and it can just fly off a sand dune jump 91 feet (WhistlinFiesel G-Wagen reference) and land on the bumper, shattering the headlights, foglights, breaking the bumper support, and in general causing mayhem and destroying it (for science! to test the durability) !
     
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. ManfredE3

    ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2016
    Messages:
    2,577
    If the team does continue with specialized motorsport vehicles like this I don't think it's out of the question. In a way it would be to a 1930's coupe what the Class 5 is to the Piccobuggy, just with a drop tank instead of a tube frame
     
    • Agree Agree x 7
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice