1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. ¿Carbohydration?

¿Carbohydration?
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Right now were all hyped for new major mods coming out soon(ish).

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. The Gas Station

The Gas Station
    Expand Collapse

I'm surprised nobody mentioned the new random track generation thing that the devs posted.
    I am really liking it. I vaguely remember seeing some old mod that made randomized checkpoints into a scenario, so I am not too surprised this was made possible by the devs.

I think this would work really great alongside quickrace. Because the regular quickrace mode is rather limited in it's tracks, and also the tracks are pretty long, this mode could offer some variety and much shorter tracks.
    I believe this would be some form of Autocross racing, and I sure hope so! Can't wait for the final result!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. ¿Carbohydration?

¿Carbohydration?
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

The Track Generator will have to be smarter. What if they made an assortment of turns/straights/apexes that would randomly be spliced together, you could play it, and if the track is good, You can save it like a config. And then people could make "Track Packs" That have an assortment of the best tracks there...

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. FS16

FS16
    Expand Collapse

Maybe, with a lot more work, something similar to Your Stage from Dirt4 could be implemented. Id love to see more variety in rally tracks in BNG.
    Totally agree with that. Then it would be possible to do like challenges every weekend, similar again to Dirt, where its only about skill and not knowing the track

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. The Gas Station

The Gas Station
    Expand Collapse

I've seen the ads for Dirt 4 on steam, but since I didn't buy the game, I don't quite get it- is "Your Stage" randomly generating the whole map based on some assets for each theme (Australia, Spain, etc), Minecraft style? Or is it just randomizing the roads, while the map is pre-built? Basicaly- is the random generation only for the path, or is the actual map generated from scratch every time?

I'm sure that generating only the path is possible in Beamng. I remember someone doing it before, and besides, it only requires objects that exist in the scenario files (.prefab, .json). So in theory, you could write a script that "knows" to write a scenario file, and can write a scenario by "connecting" roads (series of stored coordinates for checkpoints) to form a racetrack.

Generating a whole map from scratch is on a whole other level, but I believe that might be possible too! You can (theoreticly speaking) write some terrain generation code (like World Machine), which automaticly creates and imports into the game folder a terrain heightmap based on predefined parameters. Then you stick on some textures (based on the heightmap), and slap some tree models on top, by writing into the main.json file. However, I am almost certain that even with the craziest code out there, the devs would not be able to pull off the road surface creation with an automated proccess. That has to be done by hand. So if a 100% random map would be generated, it would be like a pure off-road experience, kind of like the "Juggernaut" scenario mods. and I'm pretty sure, as I said, that it is possible to achieve!

However, I doubt it would be worth the time it would take to make such a thing... I'd rather have a single, well polished, unique hand-crafted map, then an infinite number of homogeneous, boring, randomly generated terrains.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

Doesn't Trackmania Turbo already have a random stage maker?

7. FS16

FS16
    Expand Collapse

Im not exactly sure how it works since i havent played it yet, but it looks like it is creating a random road and assets in a predefined environment, fe Australia

And for that map thing, id rather have some awesome handcrafted maps rather than many boring random ones as well. It just isnt worth it, even if it was possible

#5547 FS16, Jun 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. FS16

FS16
    Expand Collapse

So, its been over a month since the last update, and I hope the devs will be able to finish it before the end of June. Also, Im pretty confident we'll get WCA and maybe even an unfinished version of Italy.

9. ¿Carbohydration?

¿Carbohydration?
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

You know what would make me happy? I don't think June is realistic, but this summer I'm going up to the mountains in Arizona for 2 months, and that would be nice to return to. Of course, It will be annoying being gone for 2 months, the community will have so much new stuff...

10. FS16

FS16
    Expand Collapse

Well, Im gone almost whole July, so an update before that would be awesome

11. ¿Carbohydration?

¿Carbohydration?
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

After is more likely.... I forsee the update being late summer.
    --- Post updated ---
    But then, who knows!?! I've heard some people say they might do it on July the 4th.

12. FS16

FS16
    Expand Collapse

Well, it is more likely, but we can still hope ;)
    After all, it is only June 10th...

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. ¿Carbohydration?

¿Carbohydration?
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

It's been almost 2 months since the update. But do you think, if a lot of the original spammers have learned there lesson/been banned, will the new update be more calm?

14. FS16

FS16
    Expand Collapse

Hopefully. I totally escalated last time

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. ¿Carbohydration?

¿Carbohydration?
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I just went on the UST, Refreshed every 2 seconds, and rated the good posts.

16. FS16

FS16
    Expand Collapse

Yep. I had to go offline for 5 minutes and had over 20 alerts. Or that BeamNG.hype thread where some guy spammed HYPE a few thousand times..

#5556 FS16, Jun 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. ¿Carbohydration?

¿Carbohydration?
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I actually preferred having the beam.ng hype thread, because it drawed some people to spam in there instead of UST.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. FS16

FS16
    Expand Collapse

It actually just made it worse, since ppl stayed on UST and spammed in .hype.

19. ¿Carbohydration?

¿Carbohydration?
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

That was probably the worst time in our forums besides the Duck incident and may 16.

20. FS16

FS16
    Expand Collapse

well, back in 2015 we'd regularly get spam bot that'd make dozens of threads filled with random characters

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice