1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

IRL Stellantis is in a transition period right now; after all the Wagoneer has/had the Hurricane and 2 hemi options. So a modern Gavril/Bruckell could offer both options.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. TalksWithNoise

TalksWithNoise
    Expand Collapse

Considering nothing about tires had been mentioned, I think we could also assume sharks with laser beams.

• Agree Agree x 8
  3. I<3ChickenWings&V8

I<3ChickenWings&V8
    Expand Collapse

In my case it helps a little. I run a 12700k with a GTX 1080 so im GPU bound but even then it does help keeping the GPUs utilization down a bit.

4. BUHGANG

BUHGANG
    Expand Collapse

Hopefully the new UTV comes in 2 seat and extended 4 seat models with trims such as mud, sand and enclosed models, maybe even a 6x6 like the Can-Am Defender. Presumably we will be getting a 3 cylinder 200hp turbo engine as a higher power engine option with lower engine options around the 100hp mark.

• Agree Agree x 11
  5. Métronome

Métronome
    Expand Collapse

So this ATV could have more option than we can think.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. D A R K

D A R K
    Expand Collapse

Author basically added option to move seats in ETK K-Series up/down and close/far to/from steering wheel. What I was thinking, this should be binded to car FOV. If move up or down camera should go up or down. If u moving to steering wheel FOV decreased, from steering wheel FOV increased. This option would make BeamNG ultra realistic moving seats simulator. Can we get it... :confused:

• Like Like x 11
    • Agree Agree x 3
  7. Elijah1

Elijah1
    Expand Collapse

Honestly im happy they are making the UTV
    Im one of the few people that were very disappointed when they said the 0.27 teaser wasnt going to come to the game but here we are almost a year later and its basically confirmed
    Now the only vehicle left id want would be a class 1 buggy mostly cause the front suspension on the class 5 is pretty weak when trying to do any jumps or very rough terrain

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. minivanlover11

minivanlover11
    Expand Collapse

im not that excited about the off road buggy thing, since im more into the normal cars, but i was kinda excited when i saw the teaser and the first thing that popped in my mind was the honda talon 1000x-4, so maybe it could be something like an ibishu branded sxs, who knows maybe ibishu will be the beamng version of honda, ibishu motorcycles, offroad atvs, maybe even a boat or plane with a ibishu engine,

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. simsimw

simsimw
    Expand Collapse

my grandpa had a side by side, that thing always got stuck in the snow lol

• Like Like x 3
  10. hacker420

hacker420
    Expand Collapse

flush function on the porta potty prop

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Beam_Bot

Beam_Bot
    Expand Collapse

They need to hire this guy. I'm not even kidding.

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 1
  12. SSRG

SSRG
    Expand Collapse

There’s actually an option to move the camera without adjusting the FOV, so yeah, it’d be really cool.

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. Mikah 01

Mikah 01
    Expand Collapse

I Wonder what it does when you combine this mod with AgentY's dummy mod

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. SSRG

SSRG
    Expand Collapse

Ah yes, the Seat. Remember that thread? That was pretty cool.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

The 200hp 3-cylinder turbo would also be nice for a lightweight sportscar but, judging by what UTVs are made for, I bet its operational characteristics are gonna be somewhat rough. Unless it's based on an engine we already have, for example the Cherrier 1.2 I3 (it's about time it regains the sturdy "Heavy-Duty Block" it got devoid of sometime in the hotfixes of the 0.19 Update, in Spring 2020).
    --- Post updated ---
    Tbh, I'd like FPU to have this car because it looks like a tool for a very specific job, just like the Wydra. And FPU seem to be experts in such vehicles. Plus, the Wydra is the only model we have right now, so the new UTV would help FPU broaden its brand appeal.
    Your point about the engines is legit, Ibishu makes generally good engines, so FPU outsourcing them for the UTV would make sense. But again, we don't know whether the Wydra's 800cc I3 is outsourced or not. It could be an overstroked (and turbocharged and sideways-mounted) 550cc Pigeon I3, it could be not. But once again, that engine was already 28 years old once the Wydra came out, in 2008.

#57975 McBeamer94, Aug 12, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 7
  16. bussin.buses

bussin.buses
    Expand Collapse

"The 8x8 Wydra prototype was first constructed by a passionate team of imaginative engineers, and was eventually converted into a rugged 4x4 configuration optimized for traversing challenging, waterlogged environments. While the vehicle was a huge hit when it was first introduced to the market, several injuries ensued when people rolled over the car owing to its high center of gravity, — nearly bankrupting the creators in the process."
    Doesn't seem like FPU would have the capital for developing a completely new vehicle.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. SSRG

SSRG
    Expand Collapse

Maybe they made it before the Wydra flopped?

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Shelbyiris

Shelbyiris
    Expand Collapse

I'd love sharks with laser beams not gonna lie

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

Hmmm, that's quite a plausible reason why FPU can't make the UTV.
    SP (Sandstorm Performance) could also be a candidate since it also makes off-road tools of cars, but the UTV is too small, so it can't exactly fit in with the SP's lineup of big, brawny off-road racers with V8 engines.
    Don't know about Ibishu (as Minivanlover11 said) but, based on the recent points, a third company making the UTV is the most certain thing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. bussin.buses

bussin.buses
    Expand Collapse

I hope it's Canadian.

• Agree Agree x 6
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice