1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

I understand the sarcasm, but one thing, they only have around 30 members, not 100.

2. Sa1cor

Sa1cor
    Expand Collapse

I'm sure I remember reading a blog where they said there were up to 100 people working on one update. Anyway, even if was just 30, how does that change anything at all? Even if it was one person, its the product that matters, and the product is obviously doing really well.

Stop worrying. The devs are one of the most professional, well organised group of developers that have long plans both for the game and the game engine. Beamng is a long term investment and its here to stay.

• Like Like x 1
  3. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

Just so you know, it said 33.

Why don't we drop the excavator topic and continue speculating, shall we.

For some reason I think the update will be tonight, because:

1: Nadeox said soon a couple weeks ago
    2: Abnormal dev activity (devs last seen at 10:30 pm some nights, European time)
    3: it's a Friday.

4. KJP12

KJP12
    Expand Collapse

yea. I'll be dancing on the pigeon (if I could) if the update comes out tonight.

5. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

"We are working on the game, which is our priority."

God use some of your brain before you post please.

• Agree Agree x 19
  6. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

****Back on topic****
    I think that the update will come out during the School summer holidays (last week of July - End of August). On the contrary to popular opinion i think that there is a fair amount of "kids" that have purchased the game, well the older half of course but still, I reckon it's going to be at the very least September release, with August being a decent chance.
    Gavril Bluebuck is a decent probability..
    WCUSA maybe
    Italy no, just not finished enough, it's still in the creation stage, and remember that after all that someone has to add the AI tracks, optimize the map and other finishing touches which haven't started yet.
    Transmission logic I think is coming along with the Bluebuck, maybe it will be the flagship for the new system.
    Sounds I don't know, I really doubt that we will have any sounds, but I think the delay has been the sound system switch, it went from OpenAL to F-MOD. This F-MOD will allow for directional sounds and coding for sound deadening (so for example the engine is quieter inside) and directional mixed so the exhaust sound and engine sound is mixed when you are viewing from the side, now they just need to make some sounds :p.

As for the excavator, i think it will be a side project for the devs, the update may be slowed but not by much, it would be unrealistic to say that the times will not change at all.
    As for community release there is no guarantee, as maybe the Brazilian firm might not need the things that a polished car from the devs would have (indicators lights etc) and it might not even be textured (just a white vehicle), and it might not come with an interior dashboard. It will be made to the Firm's requirements, and I doubt that they require those features.
    But it might be released eventually
    But just left unfinished until the devs have a need for it.

Anyway, sorry for the long post, that's just my 2 pence, I mean 2 cents (practically the same due to brexit :p :( )

7. whatitmeansome

whatitmeansome
    Expand Collapse

Damn son ;D

• Like Like x 1
  8. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

Didnt they say they want to make an more open approach with italy? Maybe we get it in an unfinished state the next updates?

• Like Like x 1
  9. SimplyGaming

SimplyGaming
    Expand Collapse

We can hope...:)

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. lukerules117

lukerules117
    Expand Collapse

They were offered 3k that's about 125 sales of beamng(not a lot in the video game world) and for that 3k they have to make a vehicle completely unique to anything in game in almost every way. The community is getting impatient and those that don't know of the beamNG forums up until recently haven't got much info on what is going on, the game NEEDS an update soon to keep people from worrying and not scaring away potential customers if they delayed the update significantly they would lose a lot more than $3,000 I'm sure and given the limited staff that works on the game I doubt the deal would go through unless the deadline isn't very restrictive. And it isn't like they need the entire team to work on it if they did accept, just some of the vehicle guys(probably more than just that but still).

• Informative Informative x 3
  11. Stance02

Stance02
    Expand Collapse

If we do get custom sounds it would be cool if, in the parts selector, you could swap sounds with other vehicles or something similar to that, so you could have a 200bx sounding pigeon!

12. whatitmeansome

whatitmeansome
    Expand Collapse

Eh, I'm not sure that would be a great idea because I feel it would not be used very much. MY OPINION

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Giraffinator

Giraffinator
    Expand Collapse

We've seen the devs releasing unfinished cars (T-Series, Sunburst), but we haven't seen them release an unfinished map. Still a chance, though.

• Like Like x 1
  14. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

ECA was rather unfinished on release.

15. Giraffinator

Giraffinator
    Expand Collapse

Oh yeah, there was an early release in the experimental versions. But still, they may release an unfinished Italy.

16. Rolph

Rolph
    Expand Collapse

https://steamdb.info/app/284160/
    According to this, You can actually get BeamNG for significantly lower converted prices if you are not from Eurozone or USA. Also Steam takes a fee from the price, so in the end devs get less money. That together means that it's actually closer to 200 copies range that just 125.

But ok. Nadeox said that update is coming soon and in my opinion BeamNG team can be trusted when we are talking about quality content and not lieing to their players. The more time update takes, the bigger it is going to be. I'm sure it will be worth the wait - no matter if the update is after a week, month or half a year.

Amount of active quality mods also seems quite big now - we have 4 working planes, many cars, even more maps and some sound mods.

The excavator is a great thing, I think. Now, I don't know much if Devs are going to take that project in the end, or if it's even going to be made at all - the author wasn't certain about that. If devs decide to do it, that would mean a new unique vehicle for us. If it isn't going to be realeased to us, then I'm sure it will be made in a way that doesn't affect progress of BeamNG. Nadeox already said that BeamNG is their priority.

We can't know - maybe Devs had an idea to make something like that even before without finacial incentive. Like Gabester woke up one morning and thought: "Oh man, I should really make a functional excavator some day if I had time"

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

JRI came out while I was taking a long hiatus from the game, but I thought that was far from finished when first put in the game (was it in the experimental releases they had for awhile?). Utah didn't have the tunnel when it was released but that's rather insignificant in the scope of an entire map. The older maps have of course all been updated a lot as development continues.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Justy4WDTURBO

Justy4WDTURBO
    Expand Collapse

What am I exactly missing here? Has there been some happening I can't seem to find anything about?

19. Giraffinator

Giraffinator
    Expand Collapse

Some people started thinking BeamNG would become EA, and they're postponing the update for some reason.

20. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

"Just so you know", you come off as a total kiss ass with stuff like this. You were at BeamNG ONCE. Stop acting like you know every dev and every fact intimately, and that what you say / have been told is 100% fact and always going to be accurate.

You're not proving anything, in fact, you're annoying EVERYBODY.

• Agree Agree x 22
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice