1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Dealercrash

Dealercrash
    Expand Collapse

They shouldn't be here.

Ot:
    I think the update might come out on the second week of august, and if my prediction is right, I am sure we'll get WCUSA, since Mitch said it was almost done, like a few weeks ago i think. The excavator, of course it's not coming to the next update..

#6481 Dealercrash, Jul 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

Excavator?

3. whatitmeansome

whatitmeansome
    Expand Collapse

lets try to keep this thread semi clean
    excavator definitely isn't happening this update... Or ever, how did this whole excavator thing even start anyway. I didn't do too much research on that

4. Dealercrash

Dealercrash
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 1
  5. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

A while back someone found files related to WCA in the files, more specifically scenario and map descriptions. Could someone upload them so we can get a look?

7. 88c900t

88c900t
    Expand Collapse

Wow, it's nice seeing people who are this knowledgeable here *theresnothumbupemote*

Although the freer-breething Chevy small-block was introduced in 1955 (which is within the realm of the burnside) I also think it's unlikely that a 1953 domestic car would share an engine with a 1969 domestic car, given the shift to high power, high compression and freer flowing engines with the advent of the interstate highway systems in the late 50s/early 60s. Cars like the burnside generally had a reverse-flow head inline 6 with about 100-120 HP(gross). V8s became far more commonplace by the late 50s, which is around the time that the Bluebuck would have been being developed.

As said downthread, the Burnsides 423 is likely just a swap. Not sure about the valvecovers.

I honestly think the Bluebuck will share some engines with the Barstow, I expect to see the 232, the 291 and possibly the 353 (perhaps with lower compression with the V8s-maybe 5-10% less power). I think the 353 would make a good choice for a luxury or sport model, as fire-breathing big blocks were uncommon in the early 60s and the 353 is already quite potent.

As I said in an earlier post-In the interest of accuracy, I think the mass-market 6 and small V8 should have a 3 speed standard and a 2 speed automatic. 3 speeds (generally column shift with larger cars) were everywhere. 4 speeds were just beginning to pop up in 1962 (in US cars) so I think it should be reserved for the higher end models (353 or higher). 2 speed autos (the Powerglide) were extremely common up till the late 60s, a Chevrolet didn't have a 3 speed auto until 66. I think a 4M and a 3A would be fitting for the higher end 353 bluebuck models. Apart from accuracy, mediocre combos are just so much fun!

Haha.

I get home from work between midnight and 2, I usually don't go to bed until 530. Unfortunately my bedroom faces east :mad:

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  8. whatitmeansome

whatitmeansome
    Expand Collapse

Haha.

I get home from work between midnight and 2, I usually don't go to bed until 530. Unfortunately my bedroom faces east :mad:[/QUOTE]
    I actually feel bad for you
    --- Post updated ---
    I actually feel bad for you

9. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

You've got some good points here, but I'm not entirely in agreement with the idea that cars like the burnside would ususally have been equipped with inline-6 engines. Remember that Burnside was a premium brand - I couldn't find any evidence of any 1953 Mercury with an inline six, and the Desoto Firedome (mentioned by Gabester himself as one of the inspirations for the Burnside) was available only with a V8. On the other hand, Pontiac offered an I6 in the first-generation Chieftain, along with a straight eight. I kind of wonder what a straight eight might feel like in the Burnside, but why would the company bother with one when they already had a V8?

Uncommon, but still there. I have a feeling that there will be great outcry in the player community if we don't get some sort of equivalent to the legendary 409. Dodge dropped a 426 into the 330, and even pushed it to 425 horsepower in the Ramcharger editions. I have a funny feeling that we'll be getting something with a "4" as the first digit in the Bluebuck, possibly the 423 already in-use on the Barstow.

I think that you've got this absolutely nailed down. Column shifter or floor?

10. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

So there hasn't been much update on the update recently, which means they are most likely doing bug fixes. This has gone on for a while, which means they added more features (think replay) than content. What could they be?

11. B727ClassicFlyer

B727ClassicFlyer
    Expand Collapse

Maybe more cameras, bug fixes relating to vehicles,maps, scenarios, that kind of stuff.

12. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

Nadeox1 did say that the next update would fix some spiking, so a jBeam related update?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. B727ClassicFlyer

B727ClassicFlyer
    Expand Collapse

Seems plausible, so it should fix spiking. But can it fix spiking in the brutal crashes? (i.e. super high speed, sun-gravity, all of that.)

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Confused_Deer43

Confused_Deer43
    Expand Collapse

I'm personally looking forward to the sounds a lot! and exactly how much detail the developers are planning to put in the sounds too, like will it go up to the point of different interior sounds for everything, muffled sounds for distant vehicles, sound differences from the front and rear of the vehicle?
    There's plenty to speculate about the sounds which have definitely had a serious amount of work going towards them, and fmod being a really good sound provider itself.

• Agree Agree x 6
  15. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

F-Mod engine allows that to be implemented, i assume it will be done.
    As i said a few posts back the devs in the current version switched from OpenAL to FMOD so that they can do this.
    We can hope :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

What would intrest me is if there would be multiple sounds for each vehicle depending on the engine

• Agree Agree x 16
  17. whatitmeansome

whatitmeansome
    Expand Collapse

SAME I WAS JUST ABOUT TO POST THAT ;)

• Like Like x 2
  18. Confused_Deer43

Confused_Deer43
    Expand Collapse

knowing the attention to detail of the dev team, they'll definitely do that. So when swapping out engines we would have a totally different sound, that would be awesome!

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

I think its possible to do now, except no-one has done it, apart from like one i think, but that was ages ago and has been forgotten about, and i think that example was broken as the sound code has evolved a lot

• Like Like x 1
  20. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

Will the sound controller be built into the engine's jBeam? That would be much more effecient for modding and engine swapping, instead of finding another file and swapping that.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice