1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. EUDM fanboy

EUDM fanboy
    Expand Collapse

0.34 is leetspeek for heo wihch is a shortening of hello which is a greeting and why would you be greeting someone in beamNG? Because there is multiplayer! Official multiplayer in 034 confirmed!!!

2. Musicman27

Musicman27
    Expand Collapse

The only thing I understood from that, is someone came up with a longer version of "hi".

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. catchow1977

catchow1977
    Expand Collapse

that looks like a Midwestern interstate highway

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Riley8425

Riley8425
    Expand Collapse

In my personal opinion the devs have been especially quiet this year compared to previous, and I've been lurking since the tech demo days so I feel like I have a good frame of reference. If you guys are reading this can you address this in some way? Is there new policy about interacting with us or is there a general shift in company attitude towards non-official communication, OR am I just reading into this way too much and y'all are working hard and just too exhausted to interact much. Either way we appreciate you all.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Musicman27

Musicman27
    Expand Collapse

I noticed that recently. The career mode thread used to have the dev popping up almost daily, but now he barely pops up anymore. They're either gearing up for a big release (that they claim isn't happening), or they are slowly moving away from the community.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. catchow1977

catchow1977
    Expand Collapse

hopefully the first one and not the second one
    more than likely its just the release of the update

• Like Like x 1
  7. DieselDuster

DieselDuster
    Expand Collapse

Just a animation, devs!
    screenshot_2024-05-21_21-24-22.png
    bmwmoment.gif

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Koichiro Iketani

Koichiro Iketani
    Expand Collapse

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. DieselDuster

DieselDuster
    Expand Collapse

The map containing this feature doesnt have a visible collision mesh for the road barrier, and while i was checking its files in the world editor, aside form it having no visible collsion mesh (witch mean you can fly through it and pass it like nothing happened, just like some road signs ingame), i found that this is possible by just a little up and down animation for the road barrier, adds quite a bit of realism to the game too.
    Plus i think the game contained some road barriers in that area in the previous versions. they probably removed it for making the area too busy or sum in the recent updates.

#66449 DieselDuster, May 21, 2024
    Last edited: May 21, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. whattowrite

whattowrite
    Expand Collapse

imagine the entire map is just a highway

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. simsimw

simsimw
    Expand Collapse

That would be great

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. ITHEPUNISHER

ITHEPUNISHER
    Expand Collapse

It would be such an epic troll move if the devs lured us to believe in the next update that we'd get the t-series finale
    & a new car tease, the shadow of an epic new car but then come reveal behind the epic car is a Kei Truck a new JDM body
    for the Pigeon considering how this mod week has been kei truck mania.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. whattowrite

whattowrite
    Expand Collapse

kinda

14. bussin.buses

bussin.buses
    Expand Collapse

No, it really would. A Midwest highway, with some rest stops and farms along the way would be awesome.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. simsimw

simsimw
    Expand Collapse

That’s why I bought candy ridge

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. DieselDuster

DieselDuster
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, and That's also incomplete too (while still being so fire imo). imagine the Dev-quality version of it with tons of more detail than mods!
    i'd love to ride in some Tennessee highways with its green vegetation and its american vibes, would be such a cool experience tbh
    (Also can we respect the hard work of the devs, especially more focusing on maps ever since recently (since JV was added in 2022, they are trying to add more maps i think.)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. hacker420

hacker420
    Expand Collapse

jbeamed barriers it is then, so you can have the satisfaction of flying through them :p

• Like Like x 2
  18. Vantello

Vantello
    Expand Collapse

In "lua\ge\extensions\core" there is a lua called dynamicProps.lua, it sorta work the way LOD does so it will spawn the props (example the streetlight prop) infront while hiding the mesh i think of the "Forest Item" which can be the street poles and etc in west coast and when you're a certain distance and they'll despawn and unhide the Forrest Item after you exceed the distance they are set in the lua and you can change how man spawn at once. So we could be getting semi-destructible maps soon? Sorry for poor English i have just woken up.

#66458 Vantello, May 22, 2024
    Last edited: May 22, 2024
    • Like Like x 3
  19. Occam's Razer

Occam's Razer
    Expand Collapse

I have to imagine it's a test/tech map. Look at the terrain spike leading up to the overpass: the terrain must have a frankly absurd resolution (which usually means small map).

I disagree. Too many lanes, not enough space. In my experience, rural midwestern interstate highways have two (rarely three) lanes in each direction, with an at least ~5 meter grass median in the middle, and ramps of only a single lane.

Nice find. At a glance, it looks like the lua file is designed to manage dynamically positioned props and use them to replace forest items at runtime. Currently it's only set up to work with two props in WCA: the ordinary streetlight and the trash bin (although this function references the postbox forest item for some reason, possibly just a test).

#66459 Occam's Razer, May 22, 2024
    Last edited: May 22, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. catchow1977

catchow1977
    Expand Collapse

delete
    --- Post updated ---
    what about I-94

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice