NO NO NO NO WE ARE NOT. TURNING. BEAMNG. INTO THE NEXT CARMAGEDDON I DIDN'T BUY BEAMNG FOR THIS SHIT, IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE CRASH & BURN ALL OVER AGAIN I CAME HERE FOR A VEHICLE SIMULATOR
Well why are you not complaining about the props like the piano and the container Last I checked, those aren’t vehicles
Jumping to conclusions, huh? What makes you think that suddenly pedestrians are going to become a large part of the game? I think that maybe it'd earn a scenario or two, but nothing too big. I do think that this could possibly lead to optimizations so that cars (or really anything that gets spawned) doesn't take up so much CPU cycles. In that case, I do want BeamNG to be the next Carmageddon... as in what LA locals thought would happen when part of I-405 was closed in 2011.
Depends if they can still be related to the cars in some way. The piano is made by Hirochi, just like how Yamaha makes pianos as well as tuning the exhaust note for the Lexus LFA. The toilet exists solely because of the Poogeon, and I can tell the devs decided to add it as a prop because they already did most of the JBeam work on implementing it onto the Pigeon, so why the hell not (although, I am quite skeptical about that decision, yes. Devs, was that decision really necessary?). If you can load the fridge onto the roof of a car, or the container onto a truck flatbed, at least you can do some vehicular roleplay. Otherwise, yes. Those props are a waste of precious MBs.
I speculate Beam.Ng npc's could be selling soap... And everyone knew what happen when soap drop under the shower...
it's supposed to be a damn sandbox, muh waste of MBs. Guess what car testing companies have? Dummies to test the impact of crashes on a human. --- Post updated --- feel like they will stop on the dummies, maybe turn them into the player model.
Ok, I guess using them as a player model is good (as long as they keep a race-y theme on them), that's alright, I can deal with that. I just worry that if we have NPCs realistically ragdolling every time a car hits them or even the player models themselves disturbingly slamming their heads against the steering wheel unconsciously every time they get in a crash I fear the age safety rating's gonna go up drastically
Yeah, that i can at least agree with. But like, we already have dummy mods and nothing happened so... --- Post updated --- would be fun to be able to put on race suits, gloves, helmets or other equipment on them. Knowing Beam devs they would probably make stuff like the harnesses and seatbelts have realistic physics, and I am all up for it. It would be insane in VR.
Ok... that was a good reference to something I didn't even know happened. I don't even live in America, but that was quite an interesting thing to read and learn about, though!
Yeah, all the people just got scared into traffic issues which resulted in no traffic at all since they just didn't use a car. Kind of like you had the self inflicted shortages during COVID.
I think it would have to be a dummy model since it could be used as a ...dummy, and as a walking model and driver model for multiplayer.
Pedestrian models are something that the community has been generally requesting since the beginning. TDev has openly wanted them and mentioned research about it for awhile now, for example see this post from 2 years ago and this one. The team is made up of experienced professionals; I trust them to approach issues like age rating as they see fit. Injuries to player models don't necessarily mean a high age rating, just look at games like Skate It. And plenty of games have pedestrian models that you can't damage, such as Forza Horizon (You have to be going like +200mph to even get close enough to the animal models but you phase through them anyway). I'm not even sure the team would care that much about age rating either to be honest, it's not like most consumers even pay attention to those. Overall I think it would be a good addition, if anything just to make the gameworld feel alive opposed to some empty post apocalyptical wasteland. And as much as I love the idea of BeamNG universe being all snowmen and the devs acting like that is perfectly normal, most people probably would be less amused than I would be. As for the "race-y" models... Only 1/4 of career mode is going to be motorsports at this point. Why have a racecar driver for the laborer/police/EVOC/etc... missions?
Hey just realized something, if we get seatbelts that light on the Bastion cluster might have some use actually! --- Post updated --- Or even the FlatOut series, which is rated 12 under PEGI.