The I-Series is solid as-is in my opinion. I think at most it could have some retexturing. As for the model, it handles like a dream and doesn’t look bad. I’m doubtful we’d see it get a full remaster.
Imo, it needs some new parts, new configs like Rennspecht, maybe 1/2 new bodies, maybe new grilles. I Hope in a remaster, like 800 and K-Series received
I agree with you in that it does handle really well but just on the side the stock radiator can't handle a lot of hard driving. --- Post updated --- Also in your video about the end of speculation, I thought it was a speculation video about the end of beamng! lol
I agree! I think it would be more of a wagon cause it seems like most wagons are just sedans with a backend space.
I think the I-Series just needs a refresh, to be honest. The I-Series still looks good, but just needs some tweaks.
I feel the miramar, moonhawk, mk1 pessima, sunburst, i-series and barstow are all in dire need of updates. Seen some people talk about the Hopper, but it got that half remaster/v8 off-road content update not that long ago. I'd love to see what the devs will do with the sunburst and mk1 pessima in the future. Also the Miramar need's a facelift and a coupe body, I miss 99 coupe miramar mod so much...
That wide body 1.6 high reving race car was so good! Also the Group B I-Series from WBIMP from @Kueso was the best sounding car I ever drove on this game, that's another one I'd love to see brought back to the game... I could go all night in the mods I miss and that should be implemented in the base game, but let's not dream to high.
I absolutely agree with you! Imo, the next possible cars that will (I think and hope) get a remaster are I-Series and Moonhawk (or Burnside) --- Post updated --- I love Miramar, Burnside, Pessima Mk1, Moonhawk and I-Series. Imo, they all need a big remaster
Well, it has to be said the thing is a bit slab sided. Also the interior is pretty much GTA V grade. Steering ratios are all a bit too modern and the body control a bit too good for the car of this vintage. Ronin chase gives some reference. The amount of roll on e34 m5 is really quite shocking. I’d say I-series deserves more love. On the other hand I believe devs has done an incredible job on remastered 200bx’s handling making it realistic. Still I observe a fair amount of criticism on that matter online. Some people say they prefer the old one which frankly boggles my mind. After all it seems like beam community isn’t that interested in realism, preferring stability, controlled slides and overall ease of use.
A lot of the BeamNG cars from that era of the game give me the same uncanny valley feeling. Maybe it's the slabsided thing or the lack of detail compared to the newer cars in game, but a lot of them never really felt right. For example, the original SBR had proportions that were a bit odd, but IMO it became a fairly attractive car once they redid the proportions and gave it a new roof that added some detail (and is very attractive with some of the mod facelifts/body kits on the repository). The Miramar and Barstow are also in firmly in this boat, with the 1988 Pessima not as bad but still a bit "off" to me. Styling wise the ETK is closest to the prior gen Audi with inspiration from the contemporary BMW. Looking at the real life vehicles from this segment I don't think having inspiration from 2 generations like that is a problem since the design language of Audi/Mercedes/BMW at this time was all transitioning from the boxy design of the I-Series to something more modern, though pushing the model years back a bit wouldn't hurt (USDM pre-1984 would need different lights). Pushing the model years back would also put it firmly into Group B territory instead of just the slight overlap as it currently has. Emphasizing the existing shoulder line on the I-Series more and giving the front end more detail probably would help a fair bit too. Everyone always mentions how the name doesn't make sense compared to the modern ETK's. While I still think it can be explained away easily enough with "ETK changed their nomenclature sometime between 1993 and 2013", a name change wouldn't hurt either. Engine options definitely need a lot of attention. All 3 counterpart manufacturers had several displacement i4 options, all 3 had diesel straight block options (2 of which offered both NA and turbo diesels), 2 had i5 engines, and 1 had V8 options. Compare all that to the 2 engine options the I-Series already has... Personally I'd give her the long fabled 1800i config, at least one diesel with NA and turbo variations, and a Rennspect with something unique under the hood Body style options are pretty much the usual for cars of this era. 2 door, 2 door sport coupe, wagon, or convertible. Looking at the precedents already set we can only expect one new body style. A convertible would be unprecedented and a standard 2 door wouldn't be unique enough, which leaves a 2 door sport coupe or a wagon. Personally I'd prefer to see a wagon, though the large community I assume would want a sport coupe. Facelifts and market variations get more complicated. Currently we have a minor facelift and no market variations and it's already a high config vehicle. I've already spoken my mind enough on my thoughts of market variations... The relatively minor facelift does seem to be a theme from IRL counterparts and should have a place in game. Some of the trim levels could be cut, as we have a lot of similar trims currently For racing configs... The existing race car could just be brought to modern game standards as a DTM stand in. Personally I'd like to see a mid and high tier rally car, which wouldn't be unprecedented. Something rational and a Group B stand in. And of course a demo derby car, since we have been sometimes getting those great realistic configs lately. We could see similar treatment as the BX did with a engine swap that's a bit too much engine for the platform which could be used in drift and drag configs.