1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. enjoyinorc6742

enjoyinorc6742
    Expand Collapse

what i'm saying is, we haven't had ANYTHING vehicle related shown since the Hopper. that and the fact that Gabester hasn't posted anything here in months and that he keeps posting about Baseball stuff on reddit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. MrAngry

MrAngry
    Expand Collapse

And? Let him enjoy his baseball. I'm not at all worried about this becoming another Bugbear. He's not the only one working on vehicles anyway.

• Agree Agree x 12
  3. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

This doesn't mean he quit working on BeamNG does it?

4. Standard

Standard
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Let him live his life, jeez mate.

• Agree Agree x 10
  5. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

Well - remember that the dev team takes strategic shots of WIP maps. There are usually still areas that need a final touch-up, as B25Mitch pointed out last month. Depending on the frequency and severity of these areas, WCUSA could still be unfinished.

As for the tow truck, we've only seen a model in the game files, which Gabester says is incomplete due to its lack of a wheel lift. Texture files and the JBeam structure haven't been spotted either.

However, we do know that one of the main things holding it up has been the lack of a functionality that allows the towed vehicle to be tied down. Now that Node Coupling has been implemented, I think its fairly safe to assume that the tow truck will make an appearance sometime in the next few updates, possibly accompanied by winches for off-road vehicles like the unreleased "Beam Safari" Hopper configuration.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

You're all overreacting. We've all been here long enough to trust the devs. They will never become like those disgraces you call Bugbear/EA.
    Let them have lives, is that so hard? Maybe you should go get one, too.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 4
  7. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

Sorry this is off-topic, but what is Bugbear? :confused:

8. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

I know it's all unfinished, I was just saying that years ago they were okay with implementing WIP stuff but that is rare now. They could be in game even though they are not complete. In 2013 it probably would have been acceptable to release the tow truck with out functionality if the model/jbeam is complete, or WCUSA because there is enough to drive on even though it needs cleaning up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

The makers of Wreckfest, a game that has had no updates in years, and is still in Alpha. I heard they're starting they're next "Next car game".

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. enjoyinorc6742

enjoyinorc6742
    Expand Collapse

apperently updates are starting to ramp up. also, THQNordic is the publisher of Wreckfest which is also coming to consoles.

OT: Italy is looking very good

11. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

They also have worked on more well known games, such as the Flatout series (until 2008). It's been a few years since they have worked with EA.

Wreckfest has had 3 major updates this year (the June one was rather good actually, too bad I can't get playable FPS). It is about as old as BeamNG and both games are still in alpha without a career mode but with quickraces and visual/performance customization, so you can't really take points off for still being in alpha. The only other game Bugbear is working on AFAIK is Stuntfest (which is more difficult to find on their website than I remeber and I haven't heard anything about it in ages).

As for the conversation that started this trail: It's true that it's been awhile since we have had new on vehicle development, but we don't have anything to go on to jump to any conclusions right now. Just have to be patient guys.

12. Glitchy

Glitchy
    Expand Collapse

Let's not get this thread locked again.. Let Gabester play Baseball, he has worked 24/7 for a long time. He needs a break.

Now can we speculate about the next update?

• Agree Agree x 8
  13. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

Gabester likes baseball, Ness likes baseball. GAME THEORY: Gabester is Ness?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. KJP12

KJP12
    Expand Collapse

:| some speculation about the game?

I think WCUSA will come in the next update (or even hotfix), mostly because it is near finished.

• Agree Agree x 6
  15. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

If it drops with 0.11, I hope the Bluebuck will be a part of it too.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Standard

Standard
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

It probably will be.
    I mean, seriously.
    Pimps.
    My dude.
    Pimps.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Glitchy

Glitchy
    Expand Collapse

I really hope we get improved crash physics, with less clipping, and spiking. Also I hope the steering wheel, and rear view mirror actually become part of the car, and don't float.

But, there is no evidence that any of this is going to happen, so I'm just gonna cross this off my list of possible things that might be added.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

I've been struggling with repetitive strain injuries (as well as tendinitis/tendinosis) in both hands/wrists/arms/elbows/shoulders on and off for the past year and a half, from too much time on the computer. At this point, I can't really do much of anything for more than a few minutes without pain. So that's why my work output has been low. I'm seeking the appropriate medical care, but chronic tendon injuries like this are very difficult to rehab, especially when I rarely get a chance to rest my arms and have trouble sleeping.

I'm dying to get back to working and making cars! We have some exciting stuff in the pipeline.

• Informative Informative x 57
    • Like Like x 13
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. KJP12

KJP12
    Expand Collapse

Hope you get better.

So that means we are not likely to see any new cars for now, at least from gabester. :(

• Agree Agree x 7
  20. Glitchy

Glitchy
    Expand Collapse

I hope you feel better. Take your time and get better though, we can wait.

• Agree Agree x 21
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice