1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

    Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

    Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

  1. 4NT4R3S

    4NT4R3S
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Nov 27, 2023
    Messages:
    325
    If they much add more content to Italy, I wonder if they'll expand career mode to it as well
     
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. ManfredE3

    ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2016
    Messages:
    2,577
    Generally anything from 40 ton to 500 ton capacity are considered haul trucks. There are some trucks that look like mini-haul trucks, such as Hydrema's 10 ton dumper, but these would usually fall under "compact dump truck", not "haul truck". Mack and Terex and others had some heavy duty dump trucks that looked like haul trucks but also generally would not get that title due to being too small (Some of those Mack trucks were bigger than a Cat 770)
    • Cat's smallest haul truck is the 40-ton 770 which you can find in Snowrunner (You can even use a bottom dump trailer like Megacorp sells IRL). Cat's biggest is the 797 at 400 tons... 10x the capacity.
    • Volvo's trucks range from 45 ton to 95 ton capacity
    • Komatsu's range from 40t to 250 ton
    • Liebherr's range from 240 ton to 360 ton, including a battery electric powered truck
    • Belaz starts at a 30 ton truck (Not even sure that meets the traditional definition of haul truck with how small it is) and goes up to the biggest ever made, 500 tons
    There are lots of other brands that have made haul trucks over the years (Including some weird ones like the tandem axle Terex and the International Paystar 350 that had dualies all around)

    Aaron Witt has a lot of cool videos on these and similar equipment, including the Kress coal haul trucks that are completely different than traditional haul trucks

    Edit: Here is a comparison between two of the trucks in Belaz lineup. Fun fact, they do have a North American division
    Belaz.jpg
     
    #76022 ManfredE3, Dec 5, 2025
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2025
    • Like Like x 8
  3. 4NT4R3S

    4NT4R3S
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Nov 27, 2023
    Messages:
    325
    The biggest could be an Iveco parody of some kind. But I don't think Iveco has ever made any extreme off highway vehicles
    --- Post updated ---
    It's likely going to mirror the CAT 775 in terms of size class, which is an intermediate sized but not ultra or compact class. It's basically your average dump truck
    --- Post updated ---
    It's likely going to mirror the CAT 775 in terms of size class, which is an intermediate sized but not ultra class )(
    Ooooohhhh, not to be picky but after this I think we can mostly agree that we need tanks in beam :)
     
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. ManfredE3

    ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2016
    Messages:
    2,577
    The biggest they've made that I know of, other than busses and the Centauro, is the T-Way (which it's predecessor the HD8 was just introduced in the last Snowrunner DLC)
     
  5. coolmancool

    coolmancool
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2025
    Messages:
    132
    Yeah I've been thinking about that and if we ever get tanks I think having a British Mark tank from WWI, a Christie-suspension tank like the BT-2, a Sherman from WWII and a cold war/modern Abrams would be imo the perfect picks. All of these are also great for them getting multiple configs too.
     
  6. Métronome

    Métronome
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2023
    Messages:
    615
    Oh, OK. Effectivaly we can hear fast gear shifting. That could be a good opportunity to have hybrid drivetrain. A little sad
     
  7. SF1NX

    SF1NX
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 22, 2023
    Messages:
    527
    No? lmao - I've posted screenshots before, they reach over the T-Series' hood. I'd love to post another screenshot but catbox seems to be having an outage currently.
     
    • Agree Agree x 3
  8. toyota.potato

    toyota.potato
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Feb 21, 2022
    Messages:
    1,286
    so help me if this thing has a 12 speed from the t-series
     
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Métronome

    Métronome
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2023
    Messages:
    615
    By the way, since the teaser came out, I'm watching videos on mining truck.
    --- Post updated ---
    Maybe automatic six gears it's gonna be.
     
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. HybridRooDragon

    HybridRooDragon
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 30, 2024
    Messages:
    467
    That would require a barge... Or a super long bridge that's actually destroyable or something.... Ummmmm theres no way theyd add a ferry. Hahaha theres no way. After all the bonking me on the head saying "the devs wont make boats and planes" they would never
     
    • Agree Agree x 3
  11. urbanestdog45

    urbanestdog45
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 22, 2018
    Messages:
    264
    sounds like it has a
    even if we can’t get tanks with a gun and everything, the closest I think we’re gonna get is a tracked armoured recovery vehicle like the M88 and the Büffel
     
  12. Métronome

    Métronome
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2023
    Messages:
    615
    I'm asking myself if it will have a special trailer to transport the mining haul truck.
     
  13. ManfredE3

    ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2016
    Messages:
    2,577
    I'm just hoping we get an equipment trailer for this thing to haul itself
    gallery_met_6_metrl.jpg
     
    • Agree Agree x 20
    • Like Like x 4
  14. catchow1977

    catchow1977
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jun 2, 2022
    Messages:
    2,059
    seeing the shade of orange they painted it im thinking it will be a Japanese brand
    probably a heavy industrial equipment division of ibishu
    since hitachi and komatsu both paint their equipment a shade of orange
     
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Anke_Müler

    Anke_Müler
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 18, 2025
    Messages:
    95
    Hmm
    Good point
     
  16. coolmancool

    coolmancool
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2025
    Messages:
    132
    Anyway, since we're getting a loader and a haul truck after we had those prop tires in the game for a while, there is another tire that is "unused" for its normal usage: the tractor wheel used by that Gambler 500 Covet. I think we might get a tractor eventually.
     
    • Agree Agree x 8
  17. 4NT4R3S

    4NT4R3S
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Nov 27, 2023
    Messages:
    325
    Release next week? :)
     
    • Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Bellaistrans

    Bellaistrans
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Feb 21, 2021
    Messages:
    486
    It is possible, gta update drops next week and beam tends to be either a lil before or a lil after from what I've seen lol
     
    • Agree Agree x 3
  19. AAricie

    AAricie
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jan 5, 2016
    Messages:
    123
    What do we think the class of this truck will be? 100 ton?
    I'm betting it'll come on the 9th
     
    • Agree Agree x 3
  20. 4NT4R3S

    4NT4R3S
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Nov 27, 2023
    Messages:
    325
    I seriously cant wait
    --- Post updated ---
    Speaking of GTA, I think it'll be comparably large to the GTA V Dump. It looks about proportionate when comparing it, just that the GTA version has bigger wheels

    This image I found by pure coincidence actually has a car that's painted eerily similar to the Miramar... Though I think a bit bigger
    upload_2025-12-5_21-29-49.png upload_2025-12-5_21-31-30.png

    Looking at the two images side by side now, it's actually uncannily similar, maybe with a slight edge to GTA's. I'm happy to see this since GTA's feels perfectly sized
     
    #76040 4NT4R3S, Dec 6, 2025
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2025
    • Like Like x 6
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice