1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

    Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

    Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

  1. bussin.buses

    bussin.buses
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2022
    Messages:
    5,163
    Nah we need a Midwest map
     
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. HybridRooDragon

    HybridRooDragon
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 30, 2024
    Messages:
    467
    Underground map has my vote I wanna see some glowing caverns
     
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. TROPtastic

    TROPtastic
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Feb 17, 2014
    Messages:
    163
    If you're interested in vast stretches of farms, Australia has that too.
     
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  4. coolmancool

    coolmancool
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2025
    Messages:
    132
    I don't want real brands into Beamng because they could lose those licenses down the line and remove those vehicles or delist the game. The Gambler 500 I feel is pretty safe because they're quite small and I don't see them wanting to remove themsevles but adding an actual vehicle manufacturer is asking for trouble imo.
     
    • Like Like x 7
  5. Occam's Razer

    Occam's Razer
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 7, 2013
    Messages:
    1,382
    Just in case anyone else was curious/a nerd like me, this concealment technique is known as a Null Cipher.

    Whenever I get perhaps too excited about all the myriad possibilities for official content, I curb my enthusiasm by giving myself a budget: let's say that the devs have the resources to create only three more maps before development wraps. I may love my idea for e.g. a Pacific Northwest map, but is it that important that it deserves to be one of those three? I'll agree there's more spots in the US I'd love to see added, but priority-wise, I rank them far lower than more Euro/Asian/Australian coverage. Hell, our only official JDM cop car doesn't even have any Japanese on it for cripes' sake!
     
    • Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  6. coolmancool

    coolmancool
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2025
    Messages:
    132
    I would love a map set in Canada with snow, that would be unique (bonus points if its in Quebec for me lol)
     
    • Agree Agree x 7
  7. McBeamer94

    McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jan 4, 2019
    Messages:
    2,868
    I love the new merch items, they look fire! ;)

    But have you noticed that the marble quarry isn't at all mentioned/shown in the new Piccolina stylized poster with the Italy map behind it? You may be asking yourself "Why would it be mentioned/shown? To spoil the update?" and you are absolutely right, but I get a different message from this: the Italy map won't get the quarry, otherwise the poster will have to be remade from scratch!
    So it's either gonna be in another map or it's gonna be an entirely new map of itself. Tbh, I'm leaning towards the former option and, frankly, the background in the Miramar-crushing Loader teaser never looked like Italy to me. It looks more like Jungle Rock Island, tbh, and this is where I'm placing my bet. Like Italy and WCUSA, JRI has a port location for transporting goods, so it could also be used for marble export! :)
     
    #76107 McBeamer94, Dec 7, 2025
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2025
    • Like Like x 2
  8. coolmancool

    coolmancool
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2025
    Messages:
    132
    I think I disagree with that notion. The merch probably take at lot of time to design and the merch team is probably somewhat separate to the dev team. Its probably just the older design because thats what they had when they starting that poster.
     
    • Agree Agree x 9
  9. McBeamer94

    McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jan 4, 2019
    Messages:
    2,868
    Good point, I'll give you that. This also explains why the new merch arrived in Christmas season, just like the original items arrived in last year's Christmas season. Creativity, idea realization and communication with production companies always take some time.
     
  10. pigeonperson

    pigeonperson
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2023
    Messages:
    1,153
    We talked about this same thing two years ago... I think there is simply too many American maps. A midwest map would be nice, but it's not much in terms of variety.
     
    • Agree Agree x 7
  11. RAINY

    RAINY
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 29, 2017
    Messages:
    168
    add a city based on Chicago, Detroit and Cleveland and have corn and maybe a winter version, maybe even a sundown-town o.0 (as a midwestener, the midwest is only Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesota and Michigan. its pretty much the land between the Ohio river and the Missouri river)
     
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. ShakeandBake

    ShakeandBake
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 8, 2025
    Messages:
    458
    As someone who grew up in the Midwest, I beg to differ…are you that interested in flat land and TGIFridays?
     
    • Agree Agree x 4
  13. pigeonperson

    pigeonperson
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2023
    Messages:
    1,153
    Plus both Japan and Australia have TGIFridays anyway
     
    • Agree Agree x 4
  14. coolmancool

    coolmancool
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2025
    Messages:
    132
    If we get a Japan map one day we need a kei car and a kei truck for that update.
     
    • Agree Agree x 7
  15. HybridRooDragon

    HybridRooDragon
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 30, 2024
    Messages:
    467
    NOTICE TO STAFF IN BEAM NG. DO NOT FALL INTO THAT CORPORATE TRAP THEY DANGLE INFRONT OF YOUR FACE LIKE A GOLD WATCH. ITS A TRAP AND ALWAYS HAS BEEN NEVER FALL FOR THAT
    --- Post updated ---
    we want the game to be pure for ever lol
    --- Post updated ---
    the only thing id look forward to is UNDERGROUND BUNKER FACILITIES etc or something like tornado weather being in the game above ground lol. that would be EPIC
     
    • Agree Agree x 3
  16. united.

    united.
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2020
    Messages:
    526
    be a great time to revive jargl
     
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. Ax50

    Ax50
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 12, 2019
    Messages:
    518
    At first I thought of a heavy duty forklift (because of the teaser where the school bus gets moved), but you're right it looks too thick, now I'm thinking it's a bucket from some backhoe: think about it, how will you load the haul truck? There has to be another vehicle (or at least tool) to load the rocks in it, and it's not going to be the log grabber
    CM20230131-fb812-d7951.jpg
     
  18. ArsPro

    ArsPro
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2022
    Messages:
    1,463
    I don't know myself, I saw many people write it like that, and just did the same thing. You have a good point.
     
  19. pigeonperson

    pigeonperson
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2023
    Messages:
    1,153
    Wheel loaders can have both log grapplers for picking up logs, buckets for picking up dirt and other materials, and also forks for moving pallets and even cars. Backhoes don't really get used in the mining industry as much as wheel loaders, as they are more suited to construction and generally pretty small all things considered.
     
    • Agree Agree x 7
  20. Métronome

    Métronome
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2023
    Messages:
    615
    Maybe we will get two vehicles ?
     
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice