1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

    Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

    Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

  1. HybridRooDragon

    HybridRooDragon
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 30, 2024
    Messages:
    467
    I do hope we get a teaser today... Or the update
     
  2. toyota.potato

    toyota.potato
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Feb 21, 2022
    Messages:
    1,286
    neither I'm afraid
     
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. ZackGM

    ZackGM
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 9, 2017
    Messages:
    232
    i was expecting to see one today
     

    Attached Files:

    • FUn0mGAXwAA8ooA1.png
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  4. coolmancool

    coolmancool
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2025
    Messages:
    132
    I mean we got one sunday lol
     
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. Latios

    Latios
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2021
    Messages:
    48
    what if.. update coming in new year ;)
     
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Anke_Müler

    Anke_Müler
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 18, 2025
    Messages:
    95
    Then I hope there wil be a bit more content and a few more teasers:rolleyes:
     
    • Like Like x 1
  7. stenyak

    stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    Programmer
    BeamNG Team

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2012
    Messages:
    2,159
    We're working our butts regardless of the amount of teasers, believe me :D

    This kind of reaction is why we may choose to reduce amount of teasers, or approach things differently. If being this transparent leads to a lot of people being disapppointed, then it wouldn't make sense to continue doing it that way. We'll see :)
     
    • Like Like x 29
    • Agree Agree x 7
  8. toyota.potato

    toyota.potato
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Feb 21, 2022
    Messages:
    1,286
    Although some may be left disappointed, IMO being transperant is crucial in cases like this so we have some idea of the situation
     
    • Agree Agree x 9
  9. gtaman788

    gtaman788
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2012
    Messages:
    1,181
    To be fair, The DEVS would NEVER leave us hanging, From what i understand the update is delayed?
    WELL that is all fine with me! DOnt get me wrong am hyped BUT it is what it is :)

    Plus the poor devs are humans to, working there butts off for us, :)

    SO i guess i can play mafia 2 now, and if it drops ( the update ) then awesome. If its next week awesome, If its next year, awesome. because am just happy the game exists and is getting worked on
     
    • Agree Agree x 13
  10. Bertze

    Bertze
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 25, 2021
    Messages:
    108
    I also think that good communication is better, it's more engaging and creates a connection (nothing fancy eh).

    Being transparent is, of course, not just saying how things are, they have to filter information to report them to us.
    This is to say that they can be transparent and still create false expectation, that they themselves have.

    Teasers are really nice and create a lot of engagement, they also create expectation, regardless of how much time elapses between teased and released content.

    Maybe they could do a dev-diary of what they are working on. The medium alone would distance the information from the feeling that it's close to done that you get when you see something (I know they have some about long-term topics)

    Doing so you lose the anticipation and engagement, but also people will be less disappointed. To be honest I don't think this disappointment should have much impact, it goes away swiftly as it comes and it might be mostly carried-away writing.

    TL;DR Get me more teasers
     
    • Agree Agree x 8
  11. Snikle

    Snikle
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 25, 2016
    Messages:
    353
    I think if anyone is disappointed by transparency then they're the problem, right? Don't reduce teasers because children want everything now.

    I guess if worst comes to worst. just post teasers on the forums and leave Instagram and Youtube out of it. And make them technical graphs or physics data that won't get kids suckered into hype cycles. I've seen this conversation on here before.
     
    • Agree Agree x 16
    • Like Like x 1
  12. GearHead1

    GearHead1
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Nov 21, 2019
    Messages:
    800
    Please don't get bugged by a bunch of random fans getting impatient. You guys are the professionals, your timeline is better than ours.
    --- Post updated ---
    there are posts in this style already in the same thread that teasers are posted. I would personally love more of that kind of thing @stenyak
     
    • Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  13. TROPtastic

    TROPtastic
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Feb 17, 2014
    Messages:
    163
    I suspect that you didn't intend to repeat yourself multiple times in unrelated messages, but I suggest you proof read your posts before submitting them. As Stenyak showed, being repetitive in a negative way can cause the devs to reduce information if they think its doing more harm than good.

    I think some disappointment is inevitable regardless of what you do as devs, given the unusual number of literal children in the BeamNG playerbase. Most people seem to have fun with the teasers, so I don't think we're at a point where teasers and other info need to be reduced.
     
    • Agree Agree x 10
  14. DaveBro

    DaveBro
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2024
    Messages:
    1,215
    Supporting Roblox is like a chicken defending KFC, plain and simple. I don’t support Roblox for what they’re doing whatsoever. I honestly think the CEO and Chief of Safety sucks and are doing a bad job, and the updates Roblox rolls out are very questionable to say the least (the age check update for example).
     
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. SF1NX

    SF1NX
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 22, 2023
    Messages:
    527
    I know, right? First teaser shows up and everyone's like "wow update today or next week". There is no set release date for any of the updates. And a teaser being posted doesn't necessarily mean the update is just around the corner.
     
    • Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 3
  16. McBeamer94

    McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jan 4, 2019
    Messages:
    2,868
    Exactly! Transparency always helps in building a healthy relationship.
    Not to mention that children can be quite unpredictable in terms of how easily their feelings change. At one moment they like something a lot and at the very next moment they hate it with passion. And they're really superficial at that too, in most cases it feels like an iceberg. They hate something without properly paying attention to why that something is the way it is.
     
    • Agree Agree x 9
  17. Josh94

    Josh94
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2022
    Messages:
    398
    I dont want to know what 0.40 could be , I just wanted to know if they planned that far , out of curiosity !
     
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. 4NT4R3S

    4NT4R3S
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Nov 27, 2023
    Messages:
    325
    Honestly, please take your time. I understand how complex something like this could be, don't feel pressured by us users to rush something out. I'm in complete favor of large machines and I'm happy we're getting them in the near future, whether that's in days, weeks or months - I've been anticipating this addition for years now, and now that it's finally coming, we can most definitely wait a bit longer.

    We can only see the finished result, not the effort that goes into creating it.
     
    • Agree Agree x 10
  19. DaveBro

    DaveBro
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2024
    Messages:
    1,215
    I bet 0.40 will add airplanes (possibly the new vehicle) and possibly tire thermals maybe?
     
    • Like Like x 1
  20. pigeonperson

    pigeonperson
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2023
    Messages:
    1,153
    take as much time as you need to get it ready, ignore the impatient.
     
    • Agree Agree x 10
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice