While I certainly would like to see location based spawning and agree the Scintilla would be a fine rare traffic spawn in the wealthy urban areas of the game, it really would only work for players that have a large traffic pool enabled. I'm not sure what the average user can have for traffic pools, but if you only can have 3 traffic cars spawned and 1 is a location based/rare spawn then you're stuck with 2/3 the traffic variety you normally would have... I guess you could make it a gameplay option but that seems like a big faff for a small % of the playerbase.
Considering the Chevy Express is still going strong, I would't be surprised that the H Series got another facelift in 2017 and is still produced to this day, lorewise
I'm kinda surprised it still isn't discontinued even after two decades without any big change (prob because cargo vans are useful) but I honestly think it would be nice for Chevy to update the Express.
The express is a scam 50 grad for a tin can with the bare minimum. The North American car market is a joke
Not to mention that the Ford E-series is still in production, and that is even older than the Chevy Express, being that its current generation was released all the way back in '92. (Kind of an Econoline van enthusiast) While still in production today, the van body was discontinued for the 2015 model year, the cab and chassis config was discontinued in 2019 (possibly, I'm hearing conflicting information, given that U-Haul trucks use a cab and chassis config, rather than a cutaway, and I recently drove a 2025 model), and the cutaway still in production today. Obviously, the E-Series, being older than the Express, has gone through more facelifts and updates, but is still the same general architecture underneath.
Literally 90% of American brands are releasing EV's yet no one wants those vehicles. They'd rather discontinue the Camaro and Challenger instead of releasing a car people want.
Glad I am in Canada, the government is thinking of remove the tariffs on Chinese vehicles, meaning we will finally get cheap cars. EVs are only good if the energy they are charged with is clean.
I don't understand having tariffs on Chinese vehicles in Canada. I can understand places like the US, Europe, and Japan, where they have a much more competitive auto industry, but Canada? The other thing is that because the energy isn't clean 99% of the time when charging an EV, they are typically worse for the environment, but that argument has been done to death already...
Also here the energy is mostly clean. Most of our energy is hydro, taking up 70% of our electricity. Where I am it would be 100% clean energy, though I don’t plan on getting an ev. I feel like if Carny made a deal with china where like 20% of their vehicles have to be produced in Canada it could work.
And JRI --- Post updated --- I am playing with police right now, did they update the police Ai? Only one cop spawned in and DAMN they are terrifying and using clean tactics. I got PTSD.
The chinese car tariffs in Canada was in collaboration with the US governement. The current tension is why they're considering removing it, especially since the US is trying to steal our jobs in the car market (we don't have a lot of brands per se but we have a lot of factories, like Mexico) with their own tariffs against us.
Eh, It's not so much stealing as it is bringing jobs back to the US. Since the Big Three started outsourcing jobs, plenty of towns collapsed, like Detroit, which is a shell of its former self. It's not just the auto industry as I live in Northeast Pennsylvania, and I believe there used to be a big textile industry here, as well as there was a couple of pencil factories, and plenty of general factories too. Since those all closed and the coal mines dried up, my area is a shell of its former self. Plenty of abandoned factories, buildings, and hell, entire towns!
The US government is trying to get American auto manufacturers to pull out of production in Canada. We in Canada have a very strong automotive enterprise. We have factories for a lot of American and Japanese brands. With the tariffs that also means canadian built Honda's and Toyotas will be tariffed to hell. It is stealing jobs from thousands, because these auto manufacturers can’t afford the tariffs so they have to make them in the USA, as the USA is a larger market than Canada. So both American AND canadian vehicle prices will go up because of this, especially since Canada supplies a good chuck of Americas steel. We have started to give our steel to China to retaliate the tariffs.
Exactly, if these tariffs were not imposed it would have eventually evened out and both of our automotive economies would become stable. Enough vehicle politics, let’s get back on speculating.