1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

    Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

    Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

  1. CrashHavenBNG

    CrashHavenBNG
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2025
    Messages:
    3,288
    I think the van was the teaser
     
    • Like Like x 1
  2. DaveBro

    DaveBro
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2024
    Messages:
    1,216
    That explains the 20% off they just put on the game's price today (PC building progress is going alright :p).
    upload_2026-2-16_11-27-7.png
     
  3. justaguy

    justaguy
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2021
    Messages:
    212
    I doubt that considering RAM & GPU prices.

    Anyways, I ended up looking through the teaser, other than MuYe being in the US there's nothing else that really sticks out, so it's not a teaser, the van might just be other promotional stuff.
     
  4. CrashHavenBNG

    CrashHavenBNG
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2025
    Messages:
    3,288
    Im curious why they added the van. Its so.. random.
     
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. DaveBro

    DaveBro
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2024
    Messages:
    1,216
    Searching for a GPU is a total nightmare. The RTX 5070 Ti's are sold out completely. Maybe I could just get the 5070 instead idk?
     
  6. justaguy

    justaguy
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2021
    Messages:
    212
    This is not the thread, but just run the game in integrated graphics, there may be no shadows or lights, but at least you can play the game.

    Also, I guess the van has something to do with the Lunar New Year, unless it is an accidental addition, and if so I doubt that they'll remove it considering the positive community feedback.
     
  7. GoblinGreenGuy

    GoblinGreenGuy
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2025
    Messages:
    606
    Yes, we could get a china update. With an over technological car with absolutely no physical buttons and useless Features where you wonder you’re driving a laptop on wheels (I recently was in a BYD. wtf is ECLA and LCZA?)?
    Or a china highway map?
     
  8. CrashHavenBNG

    CrashHavenBNG
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2025
    Messages:
    3,288
    Highway and a section of city would be perfect
     
    • Like Like x 1
  9. coolmancool

    coolmancool
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2025
    Messages:
    132
    It would be weird for it to be an exclusive traffic vehicle imo. I'm guessing we'll get it as a regular vehicle soon-ish? And yeah all of this seem to point to a China update coming soon. We don't have a metropolis centre map so maybe something similar to Shanghai or Hong Kong could be fun, with huge skyscrapers and stuff. Maybe with a street market section.
     
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. CrashHavenBNG

    CrashHavenBNG
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2025
    Messages:
    3,288
    It would actually make sense its only in traffic, after all it is self driving, so the player driving it makes no sense
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. justaguy

    justaguy
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2021
    Messages:
    212
    I hope that if there's a new map in the working it also includes Chinese rural areas, kinda like WCUSA but bigger.
     
  12. coolmancool

    coolmancool
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2025
    Messages:
    132
    Yeah but on the other hand, there is no human drivers in the game so in a way all cars are self-driving :p (I know you can technically drive it in the dev section but I want it in the regular roster)
     
  13. CrashHavenBNG

    CrashHavenBNG
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2025
    Messages:
    3,288
    Still wouldnt make sense. Plus its kinda cool to have a “secret” car
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. GoblinGreenGuy

    GoblinGreenGuy
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2025
    Messages:
    606
    Chinese Highway with some towns yes
    I am thinking that van was a secret message by the devs :p
     
  15. CrashHavenBNG

    CrashHavenBNG
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2025
    Messages:
    3,288
    I agree, plus its kinda cool has the china spawn in the files
     
  16. justaguy

    justaguy
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2021
    Messages:
    212
    Well, in that case, not secret enough. It's the community's new Pigeon.
     
    • Agree Agree x 3
  17. CrashHavenBNG

    CrashHavenBNG
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2025
    Messages:
    3,288
    How can I look through everything changed/added in the update? Want to comb the files for anything interesting
    --- Post updated ---
    Looks like it was supposed to have billboards on it.
    --- Post updated ---
    Yo whys the van not mentioned in the release notes? Was it added by mistake?
     

    Attached Files:

    • Screenshot355.png
  18. GoblinGreenGuy

    GoblinGreenGuy
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2025
    Messages:
    606
    Yeah I think it was an accident or an early teaser :)
     
    • Agree Agree x 3
  19. TMccanna

    TMccanna
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2022
    Messages:
    1,330
    This update is going to be a complete meme
     
    • Agree Agree x 8
  20. justaguy

    justaguy
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2021
    Messages:
    212
    Noticed it too, there's slots for it, so some modder might be able to add them, also it's a bummer that they're not colorable.
    Also, according to the game it has a MacP strut, I doubt that tho.

    Edit: So I might have an actual theory about the van, it is likely that the devs test out their concepts and 3d models on simplified traffic models (things which don't necessarily use proper physics), the Robovan might be:

    A. Cut/Unfinished content for a new map.
    B. Maybe some Chinese self-driving delivery software companies are interested in BeamNG.Tech and this was meant to be a vehicle exclusively used for Self-Driving Systems. //Though this one is unlikely considering the jokes on the front of the van.
    C. A new electric van that also comes in a self-driving config.
    Or D.istraction from something else that has changed bts.
     
    #77000 justaguy, Feb 16, 2026
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2026
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice