1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

    Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

    Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

  1. korbitr

    korbitr
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2013
    Messages:
    463
    If it really is based on the FCV platform, then I don't think so. IIRC, the "mid-2026" car was purportedly more ambitious than any car they've added thus far, including the Scintilla.
     
    • Agree Agree x 9
  2. Garage13

    Garage13
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 12, 2025
    Messages:
    201
    No, as it doesn't seem to be all that revolutionary so far.
     
  3. gtaman788

    gtaman788
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2012
    Messages:
    1,181
    hmmm then i wonder what this NEXT high end car will be?
    f1 car maybe. Or a High end EV?

    Also does this mean remasters are done with ( sad moonhawk and barstow sounds )
     
  4. Torg3

    Torg3
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2025
    Messages:
    278
    Don't think so, there was the MD and the Nine inbetween the remasters. The muscle cars will be remastered sometime
     
    #77824 Torg3, Mar 20, 2026
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2026
    • Agree Agree x 11
  5. GoblinGreenGuy

    GoblinGreenGuy
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2025
    Messages:
    606
    Some mods just got de approved
    EDIT no, it was a problem on my side
     
    #77825 GoblinGreenGuy, Mar 20, 2026
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2026
  6. ShakeandBake

    ShakeandBake
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 8, 2025
    Messages:
    458
    If this game has an indefinite lifespan, then remasters/refreshes are never truly done. They will have to keep updating older content to align with the new quality standard.
     
    • Agree Agree x 6
  7. OTL™

    OTL™
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 25, 2024
    Messages:
    174
    this is very unlikely, but i really hope we can option a really efficient 3cyl on the car, sort of like the GR Corolla
     
    • Like Like x 3
  8. MAZDA MIATA 1993

    MAZDA MIATA 1993
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Nov 19, 2021
    Messages:
    287
    The brighter the better in the real world. I have 10k lumen led's in a sealed beam converter in my jeep if the site is to be believed. I also have a lightbar mounted behind the grille
    --- Post updated ---
    Maybe east coast. East coast is the best map
    --- Post updated ---
    Do you think that a real company would use discord for meetings?
     
    • Like Like x 1
  9. CaptainZoll

    CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Nov 10, 2016
    Messages:
    3,202
    I suspect it might have some fuel economy focused trims like the Volkswagen XL1 (albeit less extreme), sort of in the spirit of original Honda CR-X base models. after all, the 1.2 inline 3 already exists, why not use it?
     
    • Agree Agree x 5
  10. korbitr

    korbitr
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2013
    Messages:
    463
    Does anyone have first-hand knowledge of the “La Vie à Toute Vitesse” text being in the video from last week's teaser? It didn't feel right drawing conclusions just off of that one picture someone posted, so I tried looking for it myself and couldn't find it.
    upload_2026-3-20_4-58-52.png
     
    • Agree Agree x 4
  11. ShakeandBake

    ShakeandBake
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 8, 2025
    Messages:
    458
    https://imgur.com/a/d3zSF18
    3rd time I’ve posted this. Not hating on you, but please read the thread.
     
    • Like Like x 1
  12. TalksWithNoise

    TalksWithNoise
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 10, 2023
    Messages:
    305
    I think many people were adding fakes to pull attention. I downloaded the footage and couldn't find "Vivace" hidden anywhere with luminance adjustments. It could've been the YouTube footage being too compressed. But I'm doubtful the text was hidden there.
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. CrashHavenBNG

    CrashHavenBNG
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2025
    Messages:
    3,287
    Its only there for a frame, I do not have YT premium so its too compressed, but you can see some of where the text is.
    IMG_5617.png
    One from someone else:

    IMG_5508.png
     
    • Like Like x 4
  14. SUBARUWRXSTI 2002

    SUBARUWRXSTI 2002
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2026
    Messages:
    190
    I really hope they update the east coast soon
     
    • Agree Agree x 3
  15. TalksWithNoise

    TalksWithNoise
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 10, 2023
    Messages:
    305
    It looks like a shitpost which is amazing because it's the reason why I doubted it. Some of the text's context I didn't know about that's worth sharing: “La Vie à Toute Vitesse” – BeamNG.drive v0.19 - BeamNG.drive
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. CrashHavenBNG

    CrashHavenBNG
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2025
    Messages:
    3,287
    It will be nice that Cherrier gets a second car. Its one of two brands that only has one model. (Burnside being the other)
     
    • Agree Agree x 7
  17. SpaceGood

    SpaceGood
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2020
    Messages:
    143
    tdev showed up on the Beam discord earlier today confirming update isn’t close. I guess mid to late April might be more likely if it’s actually delayed.
    IMG_4092.jpeg
     
    • Like Like x 14
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. DriftinCovet1987

    DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 14, 2016
    Messages:
    1,827
    Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if this is a quick(er) way to expand the roster while people wait for the vehicle coming in mid-2026 (if not later). It would make sense to use an available platform to fill a new, popular niche and expand the sports/racing car roster. Honestly, this new Cherrier's a fantastic use of current parts. It's right up there with the Lansdale, IMO (although not quite on the same level as the MD-Series).

    I'll be interested in seeing how well this update performs compared to 0.19, 0.22, 0.32 and 0.35 - I don't think it'll bomb like 0.28 did, but I think it'll end up between 0.32 (+1,052 peak players) and 0.22 (+1,763 peak players). 0.39 is coming off of the most popular update ever, so there will be some continuing success from that, but it probably won't match 0.19's popularity.

    FPU also only has one model. Technically, Wentward only has one full model, but they also make the MD busses.

    Right, that makes sense. It's good that Tdev said this this week, so that people don't get the idea that it could come out next week. I guess I was right to think that it'll drop on the 14th-15th - but even that might be optimistic.
     
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. CrashHavenBNG

    CrashHavenBNG
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2025
    Messages:
    3,287
    FPU can stay one model, plus its not a car manufacturer.

    Wentward I would count as two, if you sort cars by brand in the menu the school bus configs appear separate, in my mind thats enough
     
  20. DriftinCovet1987

    DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 14, 2016
    Messages:
    1,827
    Those are both fair enough. I also doubt that FPU will be getting any more vehicles, at least any time soon. And honestly, I'm not sure if every brand needs to have multiple vehicles - plenty of IRL brands have made only one model before going bust (see: Coda, Sebring-Vanguard, and a host of other tiny brands). Obviously, mass-market manufacturers like Cherrier and Burnside could have several models, and probably will get more over the years.
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice