It’s like when the captain of the ship jumps on the intercom. Gets me goin! Taking bets on when we’ll get a full/near-full car reveal. I say the week after next.
Yes, especially a game studio. My dad at one point looked into using Discord for work where he works, and whilst they never did, it shows that some companies might actually use it for work, and if anyone did use it it would probably be a game studio.
I don't think Rhius wants the five-cylinder to be excluded from the new car - they would just like a V6/VR6 as an option, which is fair enough, but quite unlikely. V6s tend to be reserved for larger and heavier vehicles in the game, while there have been plenty of smaller vehicles (like the Mitsubishi FTO and VW Corrado/Scirocco) that have had V6s as options. I don't think we'll be getting another '90s sports car for a while, so this new car would be a good opportunity to show off that combination, but it would require modeling a whole new engine. Considering that this car is likely a "stopgap" vehicle using existing parts, I don't think that would be done.
Can we get a dev to confirm wether or not this car is the one set to release mid 2026? I doubt it is, but I think it would be nice to know to set realistic expectations. Plus since the update is going to be delayed… You know… leaks plz
My guess is a modern SUV ( new Roamer ? ) or a new D Series loaded with features and interactive interior . I'm thinking something like a brand new Ford Expedition and equipped with all kind of new ( for vanilla standard ) features like air suspension, interactive screens , openable windows and sunroof , tons of interior button to press , functioning power running board and so on . It might even feature the new tire physics and models too. I don't think the upcoming sport car is that famous mid 2026 car that will be revolutionary. The sport car will surely be released in April and the " real " mid 2026 vehicle around July , which is more " mid 2026 " than April.
Having a tiny little city car with normal warm halogens (and fresh normal warm halogens at that too, I put new bulbs on my baby just last week), I absolutely hate that. But the worst thing is it doesn't even have to be a soccer mom in a modern massive SUV. Where I'm from, you see a myriad of small to midsize (Euro midsize, not US midsize) cars that had warm halogens when they came out but they now have cold LEDs that are so badly attached that the factory surrounding bezel ends up to not direct the light where it should. So you end up getting blinded even by the low beams of theirs. As for being tailgated, I turn the rear fog light on every now and then and it works splendidly! Hehe!
if they're working on improving the headlights, I wonder if they will add this: for some vehicles, when you switch the headlights between the low beams and the high beams, they get dim for a brief moment
Yeah, I'm also from Europe, so the biggest cars I see are usually Volvos, Toyotas, and all the ugly Hyundai stuff, but occasionally you see the gigantic BMW monstrosities, and some American cars too. They all have extremely annoying LEDs with automatic high/low beam, which usually doesn't work very well, and will blind you for a solid 3 seconds each time. Surprisingly, someone in my area (tiny village on the Austria-Slovenia border) owns a massive, bright-orange Ford Raptor with some sort of lift-kit? It definitely stands out, that's for sure haha
Am happy and glad to see how us as a beamNG community have responded to the delay !, We know how hard the Devs work there asses off for us. So its great to see us as a Team really supporting the beam devs. OT... I wonder if we will see a convertible version, If so i hope with working roof ? and working touch screen.
Heavens, you mentioned the Raptor and you reminded me of something I wish absolutely nobody else comes across; the sun was setting and I was out on the road. Sometime, a Ranger Raptor appeared on the opposite lane and had its low beams on. It was so bright that I couldn't look straight and looked down at the road markings! But the worst was yet to come: thinking it would go past me a bit faster than it should, the Raptor driver (or, rather, the beam adjusting system) decided to turn the high beams on just before our bonnets had visual contact. That fraction of that second was by far the worst! I couldn't have ever imagined this to happen and, thinking the Raptor would pass without doing this, decided to turn my sight back on the road. So I got completely blindfolded and when the driver actually passed, I started swearing loudly, lowered my window, extended my left hand and did the characteristic Greek 5-finger-extending gesture of fails and anger (a.k.a. "Mountza" - "Naaa")! Back to BeamNG, I'm really curious to see what the future updates will bring on vehicle lighting as well! I'd love to see the development on this topic as well!
Just posting some things related to .39 and development in general. All straight from the dev team (Stenyak, really...)