And here is an actual photo of New Zealand. I do think the new tone mapper overall is more natural and attractive, and is a good art style for Beam. Lighting is obviously leaps and bounds better. I will say that the old fog/haze with its bluish tint sometimes feels more accurate to real life compared to the new one, depending on location and setting, but I think this is one of the best new photos they've shown. It looks great.
I think one of the most noticeable changes to me is the shadows. Not only are they darker than they are currently (which looks quite a bit more realistic), but also the trees and foliage are darker on the side that isn't facing the sun. Looks so much better when you compare it.
Damm, Why does it feel like this is beamNG 2, It feels/looks like a all new Beamng, but with the current cars :O Beam looked okay 2013-2019 for its time, Then better ( good ) 2020-2026, Not great. but good, BUT now it really looks stunning! PLUS PS5 versions ( i am only a PC gamer now days..... may get Xbox just for gta 6......MAYBE ) Anyway To top it off a new car! Woah,
The road markings and signs look European, so it's likely not a North American map. It's likely not the Italy map either, as according to this Reddit post, Italy has black and white chevron signs, while countries like Germany and Poland have red and white chevrons similar to the screenshot. This screenshot could be a Polish map, as in addition to the chevron marking, Polish roads also have red and white delineator posts,
Oh yeah I’m stupid. I don’t think they would use a mod for development images right…? I don’t really know how Polish Roads looks like…
However, the only existing map that is set in German/Poland is the ETK Center, where i don't think is a road like the spoiler shows. So this may mean an expansion of ETK Center?
Maybe they would, just to show that the new lighting systems look good without necessarily requiring additional work by mod authors. Edit: confirmed on discord that it is from a map mod, someone recreated the photo.
WOAH what map is even this! Hmmm Maybe its the ETK map, with more stuff, or maybe Its just a mod that the Devs enjoy, showing us mods can work with new updated System. maybe new map ( i think that would make this to big of a update,/ ( nothing wrong with that ) Or maybe something not sure Edit confirmed ( Post above ) to be a mod,
oooh i cant wait to see how some other map mods look when it updates especially some older map mods like the gas station or the destructible bridge one
Strange, that's the first time i've seen them use a modded map for development screenshots. It's gorgous, but I've just never seen that before.