1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

    Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

    Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

  1. Car_Killer

    Car_Killer
    Expand Collapse
    Technical Artist / QA
    BeamNG Team

    Joined:
    Sep 24, 2013
    Messages:
    1,784
    Good catch, I recorded it on Linux; however Linux port already just works ;)
     
    • Like Like x 14
  2. Métronome

    Métronome
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2023
    Messages:
    604
    Something I'm thinking about is changing the way you switch the headlights on and off, without having to go through the off/low beam/high beam/off sequence.

    We could have a system similar to ETS2/ATS, allowing you to turn on the low beams with the first key on the keypad, following the pattern off/parking lights/low beam/off, and then have a second key to switch between low and high beams without having to turn them off completely
    .
    Of course, the key for flashing the high beams would still be used.
     
    • Like Like x 5
  3. idk_2401

    idk_2401
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    May 17, 2024
    Messages:
    371
    but then it'd be harder to put it on the gamepad, and because of that i prefer the way how it made MS(W)C where you press to turn on lights, and hold to turn them off
     
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. satsuma?

    satsuma?
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Mar 31, 2025
    Messages:
    335
    That nearly looks like an old WA backroad near where I live.
     
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. abrarsl

    abrarsl
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2024
    Messages:
    51
    I just drove on that polish map in 0.38. I genuinely can't wait. That last teaser really hyped me up. I've probably been posting almost everywhere, discord/forums, about how I really really hope BeamNG will be able to handle large amounts of lights and have realistic night lighting for so long. It's finally happening. I'm so stoked I think I'll be able to just drop Assetto Corsa entirely. As fun as that game is setting it up is a PITA, like you can get it going easily but you need to tweak stuff to make it halfway decent. Even then the asset quality is really not that good in that game, foliage looks horrid and unless you use really high poly GT7 rips the cars look bad too. BeamNG is a fully realized experience with 0 mods, and any mod I do add just puts some icing on top of an already amazing cake. Even when it comes to physics, while AC tires do feel better on smooth tarmac, everything else about the car is a lot worse than Beam. Suspension doesn't come close to Beam, the throttle model is shit, brakes don't feel realistic, the understeer is sometimes overly pronounced. As I've been driving more and more IRL I've come to realize that BeamNG is just plain better at simulating road cars with road tires than any other game.

    Sorry about the hype rant but I'm so bloody happy this graphics update is happening, and that the devs are being their usual detailed selves about it. Also for some speculationy comments. I noticed in the night time drone teaser that the shadows from env lights fade into being instead of having that cutoff line from a shadow map. I wonder if they're using a different technique for those lights? Like are they entirely screen space and not considered in the shadow map?
     
    • Like Like x 5
  6. Métronome

    Métronome
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2023
    Messages:
    604
    That's a good idea.
    Or maybe they can do it with the modificator upper triggers.
     
  7. CrashHavenBNG

    CrashHavenBNG
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2025
    Messages:
    3,278
    But i cant find one for just $400 CAD
     
    • Like Like x 1
  8. whattowrite

    whattowrite
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2024
    Messages:
    395
    new car teaser, wow. it seems like its called cherrier ardente? thats my guess
    --- Post updated ---
    alongside this teaser, i guess the t series cabover and non cabover is seperated now
     

    Attached Files:

    • SPOILER_2.jpg
    • SPOILER_preview.png
    • Like Like x 30
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Ibi5hu

    Ibi5hu
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Mar 5, 2023
    Messages:
    2,446
    "ardente" a c t u a l l y means something in french
    it means "ardent"
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. CrashHavenBNG

    CrashHavenBNG
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2025
    Messages:
    3,278
    Wholly the cherrier looks good.

    Will they seperate other cars too in the selector? The D10 Charro should be seperate. Same with the MD armoured van.
     
    • Agree Agree x 6
  11. amuguuuuu

    amuguuuuu
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 26, 2023
    Messages:
    370
    The new car is very beautiful :D
    I didn't understand why they separated the T Series models.
     
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. whattowrite

    whattowrite
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2024
    Messages:
    395
    this one too, seems like the car is electric
     

    Attached Files:

    • SPOILER_preview.png
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. CrashHavenBNG

    CrashHavenBNG
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2025
    Messages:
    3,278
    Think about it… If a new player picks up the game, theres nothing telling them how much content each vehicle has, they just see the icon a face value. I often forget about some vehicles, like the armoured MD, because I only see the normal MD in the menu, and forget theres way more content to offer then just that.
     
    • Agree Agree x 3
  14. DaveBro

    DaveBro
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2024
    Messages:
    1,211
    Your guess looks right ngl. The only thing I could really spell of the name was the "Ardente".
    upload_2026-6-25_7-33-19.png
     
  15. CrashHavenBNG

    CrashHavenBNG
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2025
    Messages:
    3,278
    Your guess looks right ngl. The only I could really spell of the name was the "Ardente".
    View attachment 1310828 [/QUOTE]
    Its much clearer on the quarter glass, it is the ardente
     
    • Like Like x 5
  16. Louie's Workshop

    Louie's Workshop
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Feb 5, 2021
    Messages:
    3,299
    I'm autistic like that. I've been using the linux version and it does work great already!
    --- Post updated ---
    Cherrier Al Dente
     
    • Agree Agree x 4
  17. E32k

    E32k
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2022
    Messages:
    266
    Cherrier Ardente, Electric RWD
    cool
     

    Attached Files:

    • upload_2026-6-25_15-46-46.png
    • upload_2026-6-25_15-46-49.png
    • Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. GoblinGreenGuy

    GoblinGreenGuy
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2025
    Messages:
    606
    I hope it gets 5 cylinder version :D
     
    • Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. E32k

    E32k
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2022
    Messages:
    266
    Yes, you can see on the wallpaper, it has a 5 cylinder, probably AWD (definetly FWD)
     
    • Like Like x 4
  20. idk_2401

    idk_2401
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    May 17, 2024
    Messages:
    371
    hmm, the floor made out of floor
     
    • Like Like x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice