1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

    Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

    Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

  1. CrashHavenBNG

    CrashHavenBNG
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2025
    Messages:
    3,278
    Its a direct side view, blur the image its easier to see
     
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. ShakeandBake

    ShakeandBake
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 8, 2025
    Messages:
    455
    Some TDev updates I didn't see posted in here.
     

    Attached Files:

    • Screenshot2026-08-12165429.png
    • Screenshot2026-08-12165436.png
    • Screenshot2026-08-12165512.png
    • preview.png
    • Screenshot2026-08-12165539.png
    • Screenshot2026-08-12165556.png
    • Like Like x 15
  3. Blue Bird Gaming

    Blue Bird Gaming
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Feb 2, 2021
    Messages:
    1,875
    Why’s everyone fixated on Scania? Volvo makes both the FH in Europe/ rest of world outside north America and the VN series in North America, and they for many years had almost the same doors and nearly identical interior, plus the I6 engines were basically the same except for different emissions systems and horsepower ratings. On top of that, the cabs used by the VNL trucks until model year 2024, and still used on VNR/VAH/VHD models, were heavily derived from the FH cabs of the mid 90s, obviously modified into conventional hood design. Did some quick research and it seems that the last year for the older FH series cab design was either 2011, 2012 or 2013 (this just based off images I’m looking through, it’s possible there might be some overlap between the old and newer ones).
    2011 models shown for both


    Interiors of a VNL (left) and FH (right)

    Also, don’t quote me on the engine stuff, that’s just what I heard a few years ago from a guy I know that worked at a Volvo truck dealership, I could be remembering wrong.

    For further context, I also heard that apparently renazuma (a beam dev) is making a euro truck and plans to also offer a conventional North American truck based off of it. That could mean two vehicles in one, giving us both a euro truck and a more modern competitor to the T-series. REN’s truck was originally thought to be a upcoming mod but I personally find the timing too coincidental.
    --- Post updated ---
    Plus VN series trucks are by far more common than the short lived North American Scanias, Volvo’s one of the best selling trucks here in fact, so there could be some scabia inspiration thrown in but it just seems logical for it to be primarily Volvo inspired.
     
    • Like Like x 11
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. DaveBro

    DaveBro
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2024
    Messages:
    1,211
    So here are some things I noticed:

    - From the looks of it, it seems like 0.40 may not exactly release in December this year, as they won’t have the regular schedule until the PS5 release comes out. It might just release between Jan-March of 2027 at the least, but I still have hopes for a December 2026 release (just in time for winter and Christmas)!

    - New repo and Forum are confirmed for 0.40 from the looks of it, I guess?
     
  5. LanciaDelta04

    LanciaDelta04
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Feb 21, 2026
    Messages:
    591
    That’s interesting. Do you think we’re going to start getting 1-2 updates a year now? Also, I’m super excited for a new repo, the old one looks really dated, but a new forum will take some getting used to.
     
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Blue Bird Gaming

    Blue Bird Gaming
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Feb 2, 2021
    Messages:
    1,875
    What’s wrong with the current repo and forums, aside from lack of dark mode?
     
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. DriftinCovet1987

    DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 14, 2016
    Messages:
    1,822
    That's mostly due to this image that the devs hid in a QR code in last week's teaser. Scania's probably the most iconic truck brand in Europe (certainly one of them), so it makes sense that the devs would want to have the Euro semi be similar to a Scania. I wasn't aware that Volvo shared cabs between their cabover and conventional trucks, but it would make sense for them to do.

    As for the new semi, we might be getting a conventional version? It'd make sense to me for the devs to do that, to add a modern US semi without needing another truck platform to maintain. (And the FH/FM and VN share the same platform, so there's precedent for it IRL.) However, I don't know if any of the frames are long enough for a conventional version. It's not like with the T/TC, where you could tell based on the steps:


    Judging by how long the nose of the VN is, some of the versions with longer fuel tanks could be conventionals.


    I think that 0.39 was a major exception, since it was so large and complex. But I do think that we're probably going back down to three updates per year, with some years going down to two updates.
     
    • Agree Agree x 7
  8. LanciaDelta04

    LanciaDelta04
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Feb 21, 2026
    Messages:
    591
    I addressed my issues with the repo, reread my post, and I don’t have an issue with the forums. I’d actually prefer this version aside from, like you said, lack of dark mode. A new one would be difficult to adjust to.
     
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. ShakeandBake

    ShakeandBake
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 8, 2025
    Messages:
    455
    Tdev literally says he WANTS to go back to the regular update schedule. Obviously, workloads/projects/processes will dictate the actual deliverables, but that's the goal as of now. They've used that 3-month update schedule for a while for a reason: it works for them, both in terms of development speed and game sales, as well.
     
    • Agree Agree x 4
  10. dmcmaniac

    dmcmaniac
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jun 29, 2024
    Messages:
    318
    i would like a new repo but i really hope the forums stay the same i like it how it is now BUT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD ADD DARK MODE
     
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. CaptainZoll

    CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Nov 10, 2016
    Messages:
    3,201
    I don't think there are any conventional frames in this mix, every arrangement accounts for a different rear length or axle configuration:

     
    • Like Like x 1
  12. McBeamer94

    McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jan 4, 2019
    Messages:
    2,868
    Not really unpronounceable, I'd say. Sounds like the word "jungle" quite a bit. Not that hard, eh? :)
    --- Post updated ---
    While I agree with your post, I have to say it has been having an extended panel van body since its 0.24 remastering back in December 2021.
    But I can't remember any US Van having side sliding doors, tbh, apart from any EU Van adapted to the USDM specifications (like the Fiat Ducato, which you get as the RAM Promaster, the Mercedes Sprinter and the Ford Transit).
     
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Bellaistrans

    Bellaistrans
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Feb 21, 2021
    Messages:
    486
    All the big 3 vans had sliding doors available so it would be fitting on the h-series :p
    upload_2026-8-12_23-53-41.png
    upload_2026-8-12_23-53-51.png
    upload_2026-8-12_23-53-59.png
     
    • Like Like x 11
    • Agree Agree x 3
  14. DriftinCovet1987

    DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 14, 2016
    Messages:
    1,822
    I'm sure that he wants to do four-update years, but I'm not optimistic about those chances - especially since there'll now be two versions to develop and maintain. Only three out of the past nine years (2018, 2023, and 2025) have had four major "feature updates". All the others have had three. (2019 had the content updates of 0.17.1/0.18.3, 2021 had 0.24.1, and 2017 had two holiday updates for Halloween and Christmas.)

    I'd be happy to be wrong about this, though. And considering that two of the three four-update years were within the last five...I think it's possible.

    Right, I figured as much. I wouldn't mind the new Euro semi being COE-only (or not available in the US, for that matter) - I'm just looking for reasonable ways to stretch this platform, so we can get as much content from it as possible. While it's not impossible for there to be a separate modern US semi, it'd probably take several years to happen.

    It's actually had an extended body since 0.19 - same as the Roamer. The H-Series received side doors and passenger variants in the remaster in 0.24. But as Bella said, it'd be perfectly reasonable for the H-Series to get sliding doors. I'm not sure when (or if) that will happen, but it would be neat.
     
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  15. TROPtastic

    TROPtastic
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Feb 17, 2014
    Messages:
    155
    I think the devs would really like to hit the December update, since that drives a lot of sales usually. Perhaps the PS5 update will be 0.40, or perhaps there will be a 0.39 "PS5 edition" in September/October and 0.40 will just be the new EU truck. As long as there isn't anything technically complex to bug fix, it should be possible to release a new update in December.
     
    • Agree Agree x 4
  16. CaptainZoll

    CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Nov 10, 2016
    Messages:
    3,201
    There are absolutely loads of ways they could stretch this platform, more than enough to create a significant headache for the vehicle artists. I suspect a decent number of things will be "left open to modders".
    even staying within the confines of cab-over layouts, there are multiple cab heights, multiple roof heights, and multiple rear bulkhead sizes, then also the longer cab variants which can be crew cabs or "longline" sleepers, to take into account.

    Take for example, all the cab variants Overpower is making for his Segra Ultimat Mod (Credit to @OverPower for the pic, I stole it from his thread on the BeamNG Discord)

    There are 28 combinations shown here, but that's not including the planned "T-cab" inspired conventional layout (which to my understanding would add another ~9 combinations) and there's no equivalent to the Scania L-cab (which could be another ~6 variants)

    and none of this is considering part variants, such as for fleet/long haul/offroad trim levels, or potential facelifts, or accessories like wind deflectors, sunvisors, or side fairing panels (side panels would have to simultaneously accommodate cab lengths, upfit chassis lengths, exhaust routing, and all the various tandem axle configurations, etc.)

    I highly doubt the developers will go this crazy with variants; all of these parts make for a QA nightmare during development, as you ought to test every single possible combination of parts for jbeam instabilities and the like;
    e.g. "a wrongly placed node on the High Cab interferes with the medium height roof, but only when the day cab bulkhead and the large sunvisor are equipped"
    and any time they want to edit something, they have to carry that change through in 6 different places.
     
    • Like Like x 6
  17. Alfa08

    Alfa08
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2020
    Messages:
    52
    Probably an Australian map. Something like "Arid Area".
     
  18. E32k

    E32k
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2022
    Messages:
    266
    The map in the picture is just johnson valley
     
    • Agree Agree x 5
  19. ManfredE3

    ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2016
    Messages:
    2,577
    They may have been referring to a longtail van. Older Dodge/Ford vans often got an extended body on a standard wheelbase and personally I had hoped the H-Series would get one, but the devs went the GM route with a LWB instead of an extended body
     
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. OTL™

    OTL™
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 25, 2024
    Messages:
    174
     
    • Like Like x 17
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice