1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

    Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

    Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

  1. Kuube

    Kuube
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 23, 2021
    Messages:
    216
    WOW!!! NOT ONLY DID THEY GET IT WORKING ON PS5, BUT THEY GOT 4 PLAYER SPLIT SCREEN WORKING AS WELL???!!!!! _BOOM@@@@_
     
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Fluffy Panda

    Fluffy Panda
    Expand Collapse
    Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2020
    Messages:
    1,506
    I don't see the issue. Could you please send here or in DMs what link you have for the search?
     
  3. TLevi

    TLevi
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 30, 2021
    Messages:
    221
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Mirhan

    Mirhan
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 31, 2022
    Messages:
    31
    f294b498-5e0d-4768-9009-c3d40008a1c6.png

    That is super cool. Why don't we have this?

    ss1.png ss2.png
     
    • Like Like x 4
  5. ShakeandBake

    ShakeandBake
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 8, 2025
    Messages:
    456
    They look almost like mannequins to me. Solid, one-color models without much detail. Very interesting. The color on the speedo/tacho coincides with the color of the vehicle, but it seems like it's the same color as the mannequin as well.

    Also, just speaking for myself, a redesign of the default tacho would be nice. Seeing how clean the multiplayer one is makes me yearn for a slightly more streamlined and horizontal one for single player as well. The old one is classic, but another option is always nice.
     
    • Agree Agree x 8
  6. DriftinCovet1987

    DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 14, 2016
    Messages:
    1,825
    There are the retro UI apps that you can use, but I agree that it'd be nice to have the split-screen tach/speedo as an option. As for the player models in the cars, I wonder if they'll replace the cylindrical blob that's used for the walking model. It'd be weird to go from mannequins to blobs.
     
  7. Guesst_1

    Guesst_1
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 17, 2024
    Messages:
    10
    They might have added them so if you get out of your car in split screen you aren't that cylinder thingy, which would be kinda weird. If, of course, you will be able to get out of your car in split screen.( I hope you can)
     
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Métronome

    Métronome
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2023
    Messages:
    611
    About the gearboxes for the truck, I think we'll be waiting for the 12 speeds automated manual (which is an manual gearbox with a clutch but automated), the 6 speeds automatic (with a torque converter) and a 12/16 speeds manual.
    And I'm asking myself, can they remake the logic of automatic gearboxes with a clutch ? Like the double-clutch and the next automated manual, as I say that the clutch could overheat when sollicited strongly, and have the possibility for the vehicle to take off when we release the brakes, like the automatic gearboxes. Because when the brakes are released, the clutch slowly engages in real life, but it isn't the case in game.
    So I hope they can do that in the future. I don't know what do you think, but I would like they do it.
     
  9. Mirhan

    Mirhan
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 31, 2022
    Messages:
    31
    It looks higher quality than dummy mods. The characters heads seem to shake on impact like in Wreckfest or something but physics based for sure. It reminds me of bobblehead toys for cars.
     
  10. LegThePeg

    LegThePeg
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jun 4, 2022
    Messages:
    4,248
    It's specifically called the debug mesh in the parts selector, so it's weird that it's the default instead of the snowman. Though, it's interesting that the debug mesh is actually canon in the game, as indicated by the multi-person lift icon on the cargo boxes.
     
  11. CrashHavenBNG

    CrashHavenBNG
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2025
    Messages:
    3,286
    I dont think thats canon…. Its just a joke.

    Plus by that logic its a real rule on the MD bus that the polygons don't like being looked at from up-close, and that we cant let the pigeon drive the bus.
    --- Post updated ---
    Wonder if they will be properly animated.
     
  12. LegThePeg

    LegThePeg
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jun 4, 2022
    Messages:
    4,248
    I wonder if it'll be like Wreckfest where they're tied to the model of the car and they can be flattened. That's always fun.
     
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice