Yeah, I think this is the earliest we have been shown a vehicle in full (certainly this much) in, like...ever? Usually, the devs tend to be really sneaky with what they reveal of new vehicles or remasters - for instance, I don't think we knew that the Bruckell Nine was a Bruckell until a few days before it released, and we didn't fully see the HT and WL until right before they were released. I guess they really want to promote the Percheron to the truck sim crowd - which makes sense, considering how massively successful the T-Series remaster updates were. The Percheron could easily be produced in the 2020s if it was given a facelift - the DAF XF started production in 1997 and is still going to this day with a facelift. It's even got electric versions. I reckon the Percheron has its production start in the 2000s to fully cover the post-millenium era of Euro trucking - or at least, I hope.
Yeah I don’t like that dark background either, it makes it look more like one of those ripoff mobile games. I like the white ones a lot more, it brings out the detail in the cars and looks more cheerful.
Honestly I always preferred the dark backgrounds. Looked more modern and professional to me, I still am not use to the white ones they switched to however many years ago it was. Going back to all the historical config thumbnails I still prefer the last dark background they had.
I'm surprised they're going back to dark ones, considering they've been doing white thumbnails for almost 10 years. But then again...not the first time we've had something odd happen ten years later. That was done in 0.10, which was over nine years ago.
I know this will not happen in 0.40, but I would like to have a simulation of the Opticruiser+ automatic gearbox with it functions like being in neutral or shut down the engine on a downhill slope to save fuel. I'm sure they will add the retarder like in the HT-55 (downhill assistant), but not the functions of the Opticruiser+ that I mentionned.
I’m with you there. I’m making the decision for myself not to watch his video until after the update so that I don’t spoil it more. I actually like these updates being a surprise more than actually knowing what everything is before it releases. I want those still images from the video to be pretty much as much as I’ve seen before playing it. getting too much ahead of time actually kinda ruins the hype for me lol. (Although 0.39 was a special case)
He doesn't show much tho, I didn't feel all that spoiled by what he showed, he focused more the PS5 side and it's performance pretty much
Tbh, the EUDM variants of the Lansdale still don't make it enough of a representative. Cherrier could very well have an MPV/Minivan and I'm thinking of the very characteristic spaceship-like design choices of full wraparound glass and sunroof areas, sharply raked windshield, orange digital gauges, full interior mood lighting and bridge rear spoiler (thinking of the mid-00s Renault Espace/Grand Espace here, which is the best looking to my eyes)! The French have had a great MPV tradition across their main brands, after all, with the Renault Espace, the Citroen Evasion/C8 and the Peugeot 806/807! Afaik, though, the Espace and the Evasion-C8/806-807 were never available in commercial/panel van variants but ok! They also made smaller MPVs like the Scenic and the C4 Picasso, but the ones I mentioned are the size of the Lansdale, so they're more appropriate here.
I think the Citroën C8 had a van variant for the Swiss, with what you can build the interior at your taste as a van with a double bed and a small kitchen.
As for the Percheron, I watched Muye's video and, tbh, I feel even more curious to discover the lorry in its full glory (#rhymez4daze )! In fact, when I first saw the red lorry, I was on my smartphone and I rushed to my PC to download his video because I thought he violated the typical BeamNG rule of non-disclosure before an update drops! But yes, I still am curious, the video just glanced over it! --- Post updated --- Ohh, that's really nice actually! Didn't know that!