1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

    Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

    Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

  1. LanciaDelta04

    LanciaDelta04
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Feb 21, 2026
    Messages:
    601
    firstly, I sorta wonder that too. The thing is though, there’s no other way Muye could have gotten a version of the game pre-release without some knowledge from the devs (I don’t know if that’s directly from Tdev or not, but somewhere high up in the operation). It’s possible that not all of the developers/staff were made aware that Muye would be releasing a video so early. I’ll admit it’s strange. I don’t remember any content creators having access to a pre-release version so far in advance, let alone releasing so much ahead of time. I thought major leaks was going to be 0.39 exclusive if I’m being honest. I’ve noticed that Neil and Muye always seem to release their videos the day of the update, and it has been recorded within the past few days. I really hope Muye didn’t go against the wishes of the devs, that’d be really shitty there, especially if they’d have wanted to keep the Percheron under wraps for a bit longer.


    On the minivan point, EU minivans I’d imagine wouldn’t be high on the priority list. I think it would be more than some expansion to the lansdsle, and maybe more like a new ETK or something based on a car like the Mercedes Vito/viano (called the Metris here in the states)
     
  2. TROPtastic

    TROPtastic
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Feb 17, 2014
    Messages:
    168
    Yup, and if there was anything the devs didn't want Muye to show, they could have just not included those things in the custom build he got. Would have been trivial to not expose the Percheron in the vehicle selector.
     
  3. iva.rpm

    iva.rpm
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2018
    Messages:
    339
    Yeah, I thought the devs were okay with MuYe showing the new truck on his video (and, as the video hasn't been taken down, I still believe that the devs were indeed okay with it).
     
  4. SF1NX

    SF1NX
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 22, 2023
    Messages:
    540
    I really don't think the whole truck is an "unexpected" leak, more like the little stuff you guys picked apart. Like the Moonhawk having more configs or the temperature settings in the environment editor. There could also still be developer/debugging tools visible.
     
  5. idk_2401

    idk_2401
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    May 17, 2024
    Messages:
    385
    Well, Citroens had hydro-pneumatic suspension, Ford Galaxy (or VW Sharan) had seats that could turn, and VW Touran (1.6 FSI) is an unreliable p.o.s (tbh i think beam needs to have unreliable cars that could give you a cel or break down on you just for looking at them funny)
     
  6. Métronome

    Métronome
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2023
    Messages:
    628
    The Citroën C8 too can turn the front seat to face the back of the MPV, fold the middle seat to have a small table to have a picnic with friends or family when it is cold or raining outside. But not only the front seat, the C8 can have the aslong as the seats in the 2nd or 3rd row that can face the rear by detach the seats from the ground, meaning the 2nd rowcan face the 3rd, and the 3rd can face the rear window that can be open independantly from the trunk.
    This is why I love the Citroën C8, and I hope they can put it in game in the future.

    Back on topic, I think the Percheron, if we compare it to the Renault Premium, could have at least two facelifts.
     
    #83326 Métronome, Oct 6, 2026 at 10:08 PM
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2026 at 10:25 PM
    • Like Like x 1
  7. OTL™

    OTL™
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 25, 2024
    Messages:
    176
     
    • Like Like x 11
  8. mj13

    mj13
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jun 8, 2026
    Messages:
    62
    tbh i prefer the beamlings
     
    • Agree Agree x 4
  9. dmcmaniac

    dmcmaniac
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jun 29, 2024
    Messages:
    334
    Like I like the new ones but I think the old ones match beamng better ALSO i wonder if they are changing how they move or if thats gonna be the same
     
    • Agree Agree x 5
  10. DaveBro

    DaveBro
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2024
    Messages:
    1,221
    They remind me of Rec Room avatars…
     
    • Agree Agree x 8
  11. Fluffy Panda

    Fluffy Panda
    Expand Collapse
    Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2020
    Messages:
    1,511
    It looks like an issue on PlayStation Store's side. We are unable to reproduce and we checked settings on our side again, everything is fine.
     
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. ShakeandBake

    ShakeandBake
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 8, 2025
    Messages:
    463
    I don't think beamlings fit in the cars. I think these are a consistent size inside and outside the vehicle (with the navigation ball "legs" only there when outside the vehicle), and I'm guessing they'll squish down or something when the cabin deforms, so they're not clipping through the meshes like crazy.

    Edit: I guess this obviously means there will also be dedicated seat positions inside vehicles. I wonder how many positions we'll get on larger, multiseat vehicles busses, stambecco, limo etc.
     
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  13. hacker420

    hacker420
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 29, 2017
    Messages:
    1,185
    DT40L full of players anyone?
     
    • Like Like x 8
  14. korbitr

    korbitr
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2013
    Messages:
    466
    The armless and legless torso is kinda creepy, ngl. At least give it some floating Rayman hands that move to whatever vehicle trigger is pressed and correspond to how the nodegrabber is used in walking mode.
     
    • Agree Agree x 14
  15. LanciaDelta04

    LanciaDelta04
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Feb 21, 2026
    Messages:
    601
    I do agree, however with that design, I feel like giving it arms gives it an eerie resemblance to eve from Wall-e (at least on the torso half). I don’t know if that’s intentional (I doubt it), but do with that as you wish lol.

    I think the design as it is looks kind of creepy, but it’ll probably grow on me eventually
     

    Attached Files:

    • IMG_7964.jpeg
    • Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. CrashHavenBNG

    CrashHavenBNG
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2025
    Messages:
    3,307
    This does mean when we enter cars there will be a real body. It also means its easy to replace that body with a real human.
     
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. frks3864

    frks3864
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Oct 19, 2023
    Messages:
    257
    one day we're gonna have Flatout 2 minigames in beamng with that lol
     
    • Agree Agree x 3
  18. DaveBro

    DaveBro
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2024
    Messages:
    1,221
    I feel like the devs should do a Beamling type of character for realism purposes....
    --- Post updated ---
    I feel like there'll be a mod for that at some point, lol...
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. CrashHavenBNG

    CrashHavenBNG
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2025
    Messages:
    3,307
    We deadass calling a beamling realistic? We playing the same beammp?
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. DaveBro

    DaveBro
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2024
    Messages:
    1,221
    It's more realistic than the Rec Room based avatars...
     
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice