We forgetting that 4 car race was with the scintilla? That thing is still the most detailed vehicle and is a real cpu hog.
It's not a mod - it's a car on the roster. And I'm not sure if it's the most demanding, as some larger cars require a lot of computing power, too: T series, Heavy machinery. Edit: Noticed it was exceptionally cloudy during that race, too. Even on my PC, I get a 10+ fps difference between no clouds and overcast. I don't know if that has anything to do with it, either.
For me its pretty demanding because of the screen. Also as he said, the fps started fine but then became unplayable, so it might be a bug.
anyone else feel like we got 0.40... surprisingly quickly? like idk if its just the wait we had to endure during 0.38-9 but it genuinely feels like it'll normally still take a while
All of this makes me want to upgrade my PC. I have a GTX 1080 and a Intel i7 6700K and it runs at 40 fps. Maybe a RTX 5080 and a Ultra 9 285H could do the work to rivalize the PS5 version.
.39 is so big that you haven't used to everything, me personally usually get bored right before an update but i'm not. Also because we have waited .39 for 6 month and the regular schedule feels quick
I think because all the team wasn't working on the 0.39, some other were working for the 0.40, especially the Percheron for maybe 2-3 years. And maybe there're some devs who are already working for the next updates, like the 0.44-45.
Yeah I agree because why wouldn’t the vehicle team be working on 0.40 when they can’t help with the engine
its clearly a god tier reference to the "what is love" SNL skit turned mega meme, surprised no one caught on immeidiately. then again it is an old meme.