1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

It is a mod I think :D

2. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Systems Lead
    BeamNG Team

Sounds like a jbeam issue?

3. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I think that was Suburst electric mod that I did try, then I think there was some other, but I forgot already, my memory is like teflon these days :(

Could of course be that mods themselves are broken that I did try, need to find out more about this.

Update: Condensa seems to be working just fine, so something in Sunburst electric is at fault then.

#8943 fufsgfen, Jan 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
  4. Javiersp98

Javiersp98
    Expand Collapse

Electric engines runs great, the problem only happen when you have ESC/TCS activated.

If you use an electric car with the ESC/TCS activated it causes a Fatal Vehicle Exception after some seconds of driving it,
    but if you deactivate the ESC/TCS or uninstall it from the parts selector the car runs fine.

Some updates ago you can drive them with the ESC/TSC activated without problem.

5. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Most definitely this is the case as removing ESC from Sunburst electric allowed it to work normally.

So is there bad grounding point, shorting ESC with vehicle battery? :p

6. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Systems Lead
    BeamNG Team

Ah I see, thanks for clarification :)

7. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

This ^
    I've been developing an ultra-realistic hybrid engine setup (ICE charges the batteries and accelerates, EV holds speed, decelerates, and small acceleration), but ESC must be disabled for everything, screwing up some realism. The car is based off the Nissan Leaf, which with the exact curve, final drive, and transmission has some wheel spin on full throttle. I'm glad you know about the problem now :)

8. Wild Hog

Wild Hog
    Expand Collapse

I hope that 0.12 will include the Bluebuck and that 99 will make a coupé mod of it right away

9. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

The closer we get to release, the more I personally hope they put more resources into heavy optimizations and career mode. Sure, more content is nice, but there will always be mods. Enhance the features you have before making more. Don't get distracted by secondary goals, go for the primary objective.

10. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

But they might need to take few days from that to write documentation, for example search turbocharger from wiki is not providing much information, there are lot of new stuff for powertrain (and lot of old) that don't have much of any documentation. Graphical stuff gets much more attention, however how vehicle will handle and how it will drive, that is important part and would require some good in depth documentation to be made. It will take days from them as lot of stuff has been added, but not updated to documentation yet.

So some of the resources must be put to documentation project at sometime in a future.

11. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

i agree, there are some lines of code i find in mods and official vehicles that have no mention in the wiki. Namely the drivetrain code

12. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

what do people think will be changed in WCUSA in 0.12? there will of course, be bug fixes (such as grass clipping through concrete etc) and I presume the empty space in the middle of the city blocks will either get a concrete ground material or some trees (possibly rooftops covering them?)
    But other than that:
    the highway may get connected, as shown in this map:
    Screenshot25-Copy.png
    (I suspect that if something like this were to be created, I imagine that the large freeway loop would be walled in, much like the matrix freeway.)
    As for theories about the island being built upon, I have heard that the big bridge is going to be opened, but will go into a loop road at the end, leading back onto the bridge.

13. Copunit12

Copunit12
    Expand Collapse

Besides the loop for the bridge I would expect that if the highways were connected like your drawing suggest would be all underground like Utah.

14. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

IIRC Mitch said the city roads will not be connected to anything to make the map feel like its part of something greater, I assume the highway will not be looped for the same reason. That makes me wonder why the decision was made to loop Utah's highway though.

I thought the bridge was opened and looped in a hot fix. I have no way of checking this personally.

15. Copunit12

Copunit12
    Expand Collapse

The loop has NOT been added.
    upload_2018-1-7_20-42-4.png
    upload_2018-1-7_20-41-55.png
    I think Utah's highway loop is suppose to just make it not be a wall of rock.

16. Glitchy

Glitchy
    Expand Collapse

When does everyone think 0.12 will be out? My predictions are early March - Late April.

I think the Bluebuck 'might' come in 0.12, and we might get Italy.. Since there has been no progress pictures since Dec. 12.

17. robert357

robert357
    Expand Collapse

This is my idea for path and alleys. This isn't random. All of them are easy to implement, no need to move building next to the roads.

Legend
    RED - roads where H45 could fit
    BLUE - car park
    YELLOW - pedestrian alleys big enough to fit regular car
    GREEN - alley that already exist

20180108093106_1.jpg 20180108093124_1.jpg

We now get more options for:
    - delivery scenario
    - chase scenario
    - stunt scenario

And finally - please, "open" multi-storey car parks. At least that grey one near the construction site.

18. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

You can't tamper with zip package of the mod, something gets stored into .zip package itself, not the files in zip, not the db file of the mods, but in .zip itself that prevents any changes to zip.

That is called cheat protection in multiplayer systems.

There are two cases in which I would see such system necessary.

1) Multiplayer, yeah we know, far far away if ever.

2) Some form of online leaderboards, contents, maybe championship?

You won't need it for career mode, unless there is some form of competition between two persons, there is no point in cheat protection for only single player environment.

So for some reason they find need to be able to make sure mod file is valid and that player is not running modified mod. I can't figure out anything else than above mentioned reasons.

19. B25Mitch

B25Mitch
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Designer
    BeamNG Team

They are not easy to add: 90% of the work in creating roads (or laneways, or any drivable urban area) is modeling good looking buildings to line the streets. And as you subdivide streets into laneways you increase the number of visible facades exponentially. Not to mention West Coast is already on the edge of what is graphically feasible in the current rendering engine so this certainly won't be happening.

20. robert357

robert357
    Expand Collapse

Like I said before. I didn't randomly put lines on the map.

This is how that only one alley looks like in game.
    20180111121517_1.jpg

Simple walls, decals and that it. Most back roads and alleys won't need too much details. Alleys don't need to be detailed as front of the buildings.
    Parking lot behind the TV building need only two or three big walls with decals (windows, graffiti, dirty walls and stains).
    20180111121816_1.jpg

Green area next to the glass skyscraper need more details, because it too exposed. So rather than just make it nice looking, we can have paths to drive around.
    20180111121929_1.jpg

Now few examples of useless buildings that we cannot see from ground level.
    20180111122133_1.jpg 20180111122244_1.jpg 20180111122307_1.jpg

If there was path, these useless buildings could work as a wall.

I found only three roads from my "map" that would be hard to implement.
    First are that two cargo areas on the right side on the first map. That need a lot of work, objects etc.
    Second one is that car park next to the church. It need many details at the back.
    Third and last one, that long back road on the edge of the map. Long road that need big chunk of walls, buildings and details.

But this is only idea. Maybe someone could find better places for alleys and back roads. I could even try make them by my own if I know how to move buildings in editor.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice