1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Copunit12

Copunit12
    Expand Collapse

Updated my post.
    Edit.
    Also you don't just sit on that kind of bus if you look at the real life bus photo you see little straps hanging. You grab those to hold on while you stand.

2. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

I see. And... Well, ok.

All new busses in Europe must be equipped for transport of disabled people - flat floor, harnesses for wheelchairs in specific areas of the bus and ejectable access ramps at the very least - and still that seat layout is fairly uncommon over here. Subway trains and cable cars, on the other hand, usually have seats organized like that.

Anyway, this is very off-topic now. I agree it's likely a bus. :)

3. Toddolius

Toddolius
    Expand Collapse

Interior for what is shown looks finished for the most part. I believe in the next version it will be released. I hope. Also, i found a classic car wheel model with a different name (looks like a car name rather than a wheel brand). Anyone else spotted this one?

4. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

What is it called?

5. Toddolius

Toddolius
    Expand Collapse

Lemme look ingame, brb

6. BeamNGFan

BeamNGFan
    Expand Collapse

look at this maybe.png

7. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

It really depends on the city, and what the particular bus is being used for.

This is a 1996-2001 New Flyer Standard Low-Floor Diesel, common to many cities across the U.S. and Canada:

That's the interior looking towards the back of the bus, with optional horrendous mid-nineties fabric. Note the seats right up front face sideways to allow easier access for the elderly, disabled, pregnant, or those with very young children. Those two seats with the yellow signs on the bottom fold down when wheelchair users aren't present. Note also the side-facing seats across from the rear exit door. This is the kind of bus that handles large crowds and frequent stops, and is usually found along dense urban routes.

It's often used in conjunction with something like this - the 1989-2008 Orion V Coach. This is a high-floor bus (note the stairs inside the door) mainly used for longer, faster routes (like connecting the suburbs to the city). Most, if not all of the seats face forward in this bus, partly because the only entrance/exit is at the front.

It's not uncommon for bus manufacturers to produce both a "high floor" and "low floor" versions of a particular bus, along with several different available lengths. This is the low floor version of the Orion V, which requires a different floor pan (and a set of inverted portal axles to accommodate it) and a separate bodystyle with the rear doors.

I'm guessing that we're getting a bus from this era based solely on the shape of the seats (they really do look a lot like tamer versions of the New Flyer), but since the general design of bus interiors haven't changed much other than the patterns used since about, oh, 1985, it's hard to say.
    [/QUOTE]

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Copunit12

Copunit12
    Expand Collapse

Already talked about it. Most of us have come to the conclusion that it is a bus.

9. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

Ah... but note that he's edited it so that everybody sits fighter-jet style along a single row of seats. ;)

10. BeamNGFan

BeamNGFan
    Expand Collapse

i copyed the side and fliped it

11. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

Omfg a bus? That looks neato :O

12. enjoyinorc6742

enjoyinorc6742
    Expand Collapse

finally, a new vehicle. it's been about year since the last one.

13. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

I'm wondering if "not a rocket" is a reference to Toronto's Rocket Busses?

14. Toddolius

Toddolius
    Expand Collapse

I want to see the entire bus, im too hyped to go to sleep now for the next update even though it might be quite some time away

15. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

The bus will likely be a new manufacturer. I doubt it will be a Gavril, Bruckell or Solaid. It's probably not Japanese either. It could be European, and likely be an ETK, or a new manufacturer that we haven't seen yet.

16. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Judging by the size of the seats and the amount of headroom it must be american... You know the stereotypical american is wider than higher :D (joking)

17. ByteGuy

ByteGuy
    Expand Collapse

I think Gavril works but they need a new brand. Gavril have tones of vehicles already sooooo...

18. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

I wonder if the bus will have hydraulic suspension so it can lower on stop.

19. ByteGuy

ByteGuy
    Expand Collapse

THAT WOULD BE COOL! Also it needs to have loads of paint jobs

20. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Airbags?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice