1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. nosraenyr kcirtap kcin

nosraenyr kcirtap kcin
    Expand Collapse

I think the Bus is a American bus from the late 1970's to early 2000's.

2. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

Maybe they added removable bodies because an american bus in italy wouldbänt make sense do they can make diffrent bodystyles on the same base later on

3. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

While it could well be the bus most of the cars in the game have a rear axle and body.. so its hardly confirmation.

Maybe, but even then you'd basically be redoing it anyway since really the only thing that may go unchanged is the frame.

4. Harkin Gaming

Harkin Gaming
    Expand Collapse

I find the new emergency braking lights to be strange. I have only seen the 3rd brake light flash under heavy braking, not all of the taillights. That may just be because the laws here in America are different from Germany's, so the lights may operate like that in Europe.

5. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Systems Lead
    BeamNG Team

Random videos:

6. robert357

robert357
    Expand Collapse

Sometimes hazard lights turn on when you slam the brakes (this is in Citroen Nemo for example).

7. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Systems Lead
    BeamNG Team

Yep that's another version of the same idea, I decided to implement the brake light version. :)

8. robert357

robert357
    Expand Collapse

Is this have stages like this?

9. Harkin Gaming

Harkin Gaming
    Expand Collapse

Ok, I haven't seen that before, but then again I don't see many premium cars where I live.
    I think the new miatas do that, I remember watching a video testing handling, and noticed hazards came on.

EDIT: I have seen the second stage of hard braking warnings

#9269 Harkin Gaming, Feb 20, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  10. Glitchy

Glitchy
    Expand Collapse

Did someone say Miata!?

• Like Like x 2
  11. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

Okay, with this picture, we have 100% concrete evidence that an official bus now exists. :)

I'm definitely interested in learning more about the bus, but this question of mine still remains and it hasn't stopped bugging me: What about the Bluebuck?

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  12. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

I have a feeling Jalkku is the main developer involved with the bus and Gabe's work is on hold until he gets back. Finishing programming which another person started, especially something as involved as a BeamNG vehicle, is not something sensible people tend to want to do.

I say Jalkku instead of one of the other vehicle designers solely because of his experience with BeamNG large trucks from the 8x8 mod. Now that WCUSA is free and since this is a city bus there is a decent chance this is a project from b25Mitch. Edit: see Nadeox's reply below

As much as I have been wanting large trucks and long vehicles, the idea of a bus just doesn't excite me much. However, I am very interested to see what comes with the bus. Hybrid system, airbag suspension, a new truck company which uses this platform for multiple vehicles, etc... Hopefully we will see some silly addons, like the T-Series Ram plow.

#9272 ManfredE3, Feb 20, 2018
  13. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

@CarlosAir Is behind most of it (whatever that mysterious thing is) ;)

#9273 Nadeox1, Feb 20, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 12
  14. Flippi 284

Flippi 284
    Expand Collapse

Looks like it has skin support...

• Like Like x 1
  15. anselme

anselme
    Expand Collapse

for me the ETK uspension looks not normal ??

16. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

It does appear to be sitting really high. It's probably just because the picture was taken with the ETK going fast over the hill instead of placed there stationary, or whoever set it up was messing around with the tunning menu. Judging by the smoke clouds I am going with the former.

17. anselme

anselme
    Expand Collapse

so we have a bus, a map, at least one car, à dyno that are still WIP ?
    some more ?

18. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Firetruck would be based more on the T-series frame.
    It is normal, it is flying, so it is normal that the wheel gap is going to be bigger.

19. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

It seems to me like with as talented as many of the staff are, my examples also include thomatoes50, they could easily take care of the Bluebuck for Gabester until he is able to continue his work. After all, many of the vehicles weren't 100% finished when they first showed up in game (I.E. ETK K-Series), but overtime, more and more work was done to them.

As for the bus, I think it sounds like I'm more interested in it than you are. One thing I'm already expecting is RV conversions. I really look forward to seeing how the community mods it.

20. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Italy: Some people say it's near but I am sill not convinced. Massive map with a lot of natural stuff which is more work than placing buildings.

Bus: Seems to be going well in development

Bluebuck/Wendover: probably on indefinite hold. Gabe's repetitive strain injury sounds fairly bad and taking on someone else's project would be more difficult than working on their own stuff. From the few blogs I have read, it doesn't sound like Gabe designed his stuff with ease of project takeover in mind, not that most people do. Even programs written with that in mind are not always easy to take over.

Tow truck: Status unknown

Dyno: Too many bugs, work was canceled on it. Not sure what the best way to describe its state is but it seems to be that continued work on it may or may not happen at all in the distant future.

Misc. stuff from the micro blog such as brake lights: Those all seem to be easy enough to polish in time for the next update.

Both were in the most recent update on the actual dev blog page, one was in the microblog 2018 forum thread

#9280 ManfredE3, Feb 20, 2018
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice