1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Dario555

Dario555
    Expand Collapse

It would be neat if they replicate that bus from the movie "Speed" where the bus had to stay above 50 mph or it would explode.
    Also, this scene:

• Like Like x 2
  2. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

The V10 videos I was talking about used much higher-revving engines; you won't get much of the Viper sound from a T-series. It pops up every so often in people's mods and custom configs for things like the Roamer and D-series.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

My mod is using a Viper inspired V10 engine with 6500rpm redline.

4. TobiBenzi

TobiBenzi
    Expand Collapse

I don't think it's possible to replicate that scene in a realistic vehicle simulator like BeamNG.drive. :p
    The game would need to be called BeamNG.fly to do that... ;)

• Like Like x 2
  5. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Official content is and will be realistic, but nothing stops you from tinkering with aerodynamics:D

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Or just using a ramp and then hiding it with clever camera angles when you go to make a video. Or possibly, if you're ultra clever, modding together an invisible ramp. And so on...

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Nah... Upscaled upside down hillclimb bodykit and some trusters would do the job just fine :D

• Like Like x 2
  8. rocksim

rocksim
    Expand Collapse

Maybe the bus won't be in the next update. Maybe it will release when Italy will, which will probably be next year.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Glitchy

Glitchy
    Expand Collapse

I highly doubt it will be next year. The bus looks like it is off to a great start, and Italy looks like it's getting final touches.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

I don't see the bus being put off for too long. Three screenshots within about a week, including shots of the interior and underside. Can't be that much to finish. I still say Italy is a very long ways off and still seem to be in the minority believing that.

• Agree Agree x 11
  11. enjoyinorc6742

enjoyinorc6742
    Expand Collapse

I can't wait till i can crush the bus with the monster truck.

now i'm annoyed that I don't have 100% achievements for BeamNG anymore.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

Looks can be deceiving. Remember that those screenshots in the microblogs are carefully staged to only show content in a small area, and that large chunks of the map are likely still barren at this stage.

• Agree Agree x 10
  13. robert357

robert357
    Expand Collapse

Italy will be biggest map in game so far. Also it looks like it will be most detailed too. I think this map isn't even finished in 50%.
    However we might get WIP release (like Jungle Island) or nearly finished (like WCUSA).

• Agree Agree x 5
  14. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

I do kind of hope for the return of the experimental branch. If they do not want it to be released to everyone, they could pick "testers" from some of the modders and the more active and yet, not spammy forum users.

• Agree Agree x 6
  15. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

As much as I agree, that will never happen. People would lash out for not being picked, it would be chaotic to organize, and still be as bad as the original experimental branch (which I bet most people here don't even remember lol).

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Yeah, that's the whole problem, that the people who shouldn't get the access to any beta stuff would complain the most, as they are in 90% the rage kids or just people who don't know anything about the game. Limiting access is in this situation a better idea, as it still let's modders prepare their mods for the update and it might help the devs find some of the bugs, but if it wasn't restricted, then there would be tons of chaos over why the hell isn't some small bug fixed or why my frame rate is so bad and so on. I'd still prefer to have a restricted experimental branch, even if I wouldn't be the one picked. It would just improve the quality of the update when released.

Going back on topic...
    I wonder How complicated is the Jbeam going to be, If it will be as simple as the Vanster's Jbeam, then I think we might see quite a few body mods for it, I'd certainly be trying to make a 3 axle version and possibly a double decker.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. crazikyle

crazikyle
    Expand Collapse

I's probably going to be very complex. We have seen such a massive improvement in the physics over the years, and the bus was most likely built to showcase how efficient the engine is, just like west coast was built to test out cityscapes, and utah was built to test z-fighting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

Well, if this is indeed for the bus, then we might see some official body variants right out of the gate.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

20. Inertia

Inertia
    Expand Collapse

• Agree Agree x 13
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice