1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Randomguy12

Randomguy12
    Expand Collapse

There is one static car thing in the game but its abandoned and rusty so if something like a junkyard was added then this car would be there. I think its somewhere in the industrial site.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Acrain7

Acrain7
    Expand Collapse

i cant wait to see how to do this island actually, as when i was poking around literally making the [beamng] world a brighter place, i saw that they seem to have just stuck a tunnel on the end as a placeholder, so i wonder where the exits and such will go... will there even be a tunnel in the future? :p

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

You have a good point. I was thinking that the Jargl DT825 could've ended up being similar to the Volvo PV444/544, due to how similar their names are.

4. Randomguy12

Randomguy12
    Expand Collapse

This is random but after the full version is realeased will this thread become dead?

5. Tsutarja495

Tsutarja495
    Expand Collapse

as if the full version will ever be released

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

Probably. Unless they continue to provide new content and whatnot.

Tdev said in an interview that he's expecting the game to be completed at some point.

7. Randomguy12

Randomguy12
    Expand Collapse

To qoute Nadeox1 in one of my threads:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Occam's Razer

Occam's Razer
    Expand Collapse

I don't put a lot of stake in that theory, to be honest. Performance issues aside, the game would have to support two terrain objects being simultaneously simulated for new parts of the map to be added outside of the current terrain, and it's impossible* to expand a terrain that's already been established.

*One could export the terrain heightmap and import it again with changes made in external programs, but that would almost certainly add unwanted artifacting.

9. Acrain7

Acrain7
    Expand Collapse

i've done two terrain objects before (or at least tried), and it seemed to work well enough... two .ter files though...

then again, maybe this terrain is unfinished, like how the island is just a mesh, and both (the backdrop mesh for the mountains and the island) will be removed & replaced with full terrains, including replacing the preexisting one, in the future with a finished version of WCUSA?

(I'm basically saying, in case my gibberish was too unintelligent to be legible, that maybe the terrain will be replaced with a complete one in the future once the whole map is done?)

10. Monkeyswetz

Monkeyswetz
    Expand Collapse

I Wonder About The Bluebuck And Wendover, They Have Not Been Worked On In A While. Well, The Wendover Hasn't. For The Bluebuck, It Has Not Been Put Off Hold. But, Hopefully The Bluebuck Gets Put Off Hold. And Hopefully The Wendover Gets Worked On.

11. Randomguy12

Randomguy12
    Expand Collapse

What I think is that the Bluebuck will be realeased in 0.1X and the Wendover on 0.1X.0X.
    (Example: Covet= 0.3, Pigeon= 0.3.2)

12. opkraut

opkraut
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

And clearly your typing hasn't ever been worked on. Type normally if you want to be taken seriously.

Also, there's no indication as to the status of either of those cars, for all we know the devs could be close to finishing both of them.

• Agree Agree x 8
  13. Acrain7

Acrain7
    Expand Collapse

we've had cars pop out of nowhere before, (eg. the bus that literally just happened), it can happen again!

also, just a note, i recommend not Typing In All Caps For The First Letter Like So, it makes you seem unintelligent... i know this from personal experience :p

• Agree Agree x 5
  14. Randomguy12

Randomguy12
    Expand Collapse

Inside the career mode promises I belive that they were 'demolition derbies' and other things. A question is that because of all the different options will they like take weeks at a time writing lines for characters? Also it would be cool to see a character selector/maker.

15. Occam's Razer

Occam's Razer
    Expand Collapse

I suppose that all comes down to the eventual relationship/similarity/contrasts that exist between the story campaigns and the career mode. It's not yet been made clear whether A Rocky Start is the first of a series of story-driven campaigns that will run alongside a career, simply a tutorial that segues directly into a career with no characters or scripted narrative, or something somewhere in between the two.

I'm doubtful that they'd include a character maker or selector. That being said, they will eventually need to make the comics include conditional elements, so that the player's car is represented regardless of which type it is (supposing that the comics will continue to show the player's car, or that there will be comics altogether).

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Littleturdlet

Littleturdlet
    Expand Collapse

I think I heard somewhere a dev said that a rocky start is like a preview of career mode.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Randomguy12

Randomguy12
    Expand Collapse

Will career mode possibly have modded cars and configs inside dealerships?

18. Acrain7

Acrain7
    Expand Collapse

i hope so! a purchasing & customization system seems like a pretty necessary inclusion to a driving game!

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

upload_2018-4-28_9-59-4.png
    Well, purchasing and repairs were confirmed way back in the Steam Greenlight video, but I don't know if mods could work their way into the system. I imagine they would if they were set up properly with values and descriptions.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Randomguy12

Randomguy12
    Expand Collapse

Well I mean mods like extra parts and stuff. I mean inside the dealerships they would be:" D-series with turbo, and an oldsmobile 1980 regency".

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice