1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Ulrich

Ulrich
    Expand Collapse

btw, have any of you actually seen a 500 engine bay?

how is that even similar. why would any of you think it's a 500

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 3
  2. Randomguy12

Randomguy12
    Expand Collapse

Something I want to know is that is this car going to be released on 0.12.04 or 0.13. If you are wondering why I said 0.12.04 when only 2 hotfixes have been released, there was a small unoticeable update that fixed a small issue (no idea what that issue was).

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Tsutarja495

Tsutarja495
    Expand Collapse

0.xx.xx.xx updates are just hotfixes, not really likely to contain new content.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. missionsystem

missionsystem
    Expand Collapse

it could be some sort of 3 wheeled car, like a rear engined invacar

5. Deleted member 197136

Deleted member 197136
    Expand Collapse

This car could be another Civetta, but unless this car is pretty sporty i'm not sure it could be.

6. Nathan24™

Nathan24™
    Expand Collapse

I really hope that the upcoming vehicle won't be an ETK or Civetta (if it's German or Italian) because...

1) ETK is the BeamNG equivalent of Mercedes, BMW and Audi, the car is probably likely based on a VW or Porsche, but VW and Porsche does not have a BeamNG counterpart (yet).
    2) Civetta does not produce ecomony cars (since Civetta is the BeamNG equivalent of Ferrari).

#10566 Nathan24™, May 20, 2018
    Last edited: May 20, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 3
  7. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Doesn't mean it's impossible to make ETK include VW or Porsche. In fact, somebody made a mod where a Porsche had a ETK badge. I do agree that Civetta will never make economy cars, especially since it's more or less based on full-on sport brands.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Acrain7

Acrain7
    Expand Collapse

i'd personally prefer a new brand, because diversity is always fun and we've never had a Volkswagen/Porsche/Fiat equivalent in beam!

• Agree Agree x 6
  9. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Then again, like the sneak peek of the bus (the image where the front was partially there), we have no idea what the brand is yet.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Wonder if he had any popcorn

Attached Files:

• 8C921E46-C369-4D28-AB29-F163FFE9B5BD.jpeg
    • Agree Agree x 16
    • Like Like x 5
  11. Randomguy12

Randomguy12
    Expand Collapse

*laughs*
    OT: A new twist on everything! What if the car is not european?

12. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

No, looks to be a small Italian citycar

13. Deleted member 197136

Deleted member 197136
    Expand Collapse

It could be a Civetta... if it was like the Porsche 356B. They wouldn't be from the same country but that doesn't stop it. The hopper seems like a Jeep but Jeep isn't Japanese. Plus, it's probably Italian, and Civetta is the only Italian brand we have.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

The older Suzuki jimny shared a similar style

15. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

If this car isn't European, then that would be quite a shame, as we don't have any ordinary European scrapheaps in-game as of right now. (I'd still like to have another rear-engined car in-game, but I highly doubt that this car will be anything but a European vehicle.)

• Agree Agree x 5
  16. Shtoorminator

Shtoorminator
    Expand Collapse

I know that im going a bit off-topic right here but its nice to see familiar faces (or nicknames should i say?). Many years ago Falkrum was doing great car mods for GTA series (mostly Mercedes-es) and now hes here :)

OT: I hope the upcoming car will introduce a new brand in the game regardless its being Italian, German or of any other country. Its always cool to see new brands coming

• Informative Informative x 11
  17. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Plot twist: Civetta is acutally a full-line automaker and the devs are laughing at our attempts to make them fit Ferrari or Lamborghini; things like the Bolide and (hypothetical) Fulmine were halo cars rather than the main course.

Maybe they were actually Fiat all along, except that where Fiat backed off on sportiness after a Dino and some low-power Spiders, Civetta took that ball and ran with it.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Youngtimer

Youngtimer
    Expand Collapse

IMO it's going to be a VW Beetle inspired vehicle, judging by the engine. It's probably RWD, rear aircooled engine car.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Popeyes

Popeyes
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I thought the Bluebuck was next on cars to be added. Guess not. This next car will be an interesting one for sure though.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

I doubt it would make much sense. Keep in mind the Fiat Dino was only developed to allow Ferrari to achieve the required production numbers of the "Dino" engine and obtain the Formula 2 racing homologation.

On this side of the Pond, people expect manufacturers to stick to their field of expertise. There's literally never been a manufacturer whose lineup was covering all segments, from citycars to supercars/hypercars. Whenever something along these lines happened, it was usually the other way around, an affirmed premium/luxury marque going downmarket. Closest we had was Lancia right after the acquisition from FIAT - but the lower end of the range was actually FIAT/Autobianchi and the high end sportscars were more or less all homologation specials - and in more recent times, german manufacturers launching "posh" citycars and compacts. VW tried what you suggest and failed miserably, the Phaeton and the fancy W12 hypercars to only get a second life under the skin of new models wearing a badge with way more cachet attached than VW could ever dream of.

It would be considered kinda sacrilegious for makers of proper sportscars like the Bolide to even stick their noses so down in the mainstream market. People still have a hard time accepting luxury SUVs, I honestly can't see Ferrari launching a microcar, much less a BeamNG equivalent of FIAT regularly building sportscars alongside their bread and butter models.

• Agree Agree x 6
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice