1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Cutlass

Cutlass
    Expand Collapse

Since it's a flat four... it could be based on a porsche 356 or 911 most likely a beetle .
    It would be stupid if it had the SBR4 flat four sound.
    There's also a chance it could be something in the concept list, maybe a jargl
    --- Post updated ---
    It is not a full-size it a compact.

2. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

A Porsche 356 is not a bad theory.

Its engine also looks similar.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Cutlass

Cutlass
    Expand Collapse

Needs to be a official Meyers Manx, or a modded convertible.

Attached Files:

• 59bc392c2083c_VW_1_tif_37-940x555.jpg
    • 1483366383_grand-tour.jpg
    • Agree Agree x 6
  4. Car8john

Car8john
    Expand Collapse

This is a bit unrelated, but I've noticed that the Small Utility Trailer actually has no known release date into the game??? Conspiracy theory? What if this is a clue to the secrets of the concept stage list? It stands in the unknown category with 4 other trailers, soooooo

Let's all put our heads together, examine the hell out of the content list, and decipher this riddle

5. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

I'll answer this question - I created that addition to the wiki page, and I have no idea when the small trailer was officially added, so I left it mostly blank.

I know it was available in the parts menu for a while, but I'm not quite certain for how long - it could have even shipped with 0.3.0 - but even then I'm not certain whether to put the release date as when it was released as a part or when it was released as its own prop/vehicle.

6. Car8john

Car8john
    Expand Collapse

Dang, thought we where onto something

7. Harkin Gaming

Harkin Gaming
    Expand Collapse

I believe it was released in the same update that fixed traction on other vehicles.

8. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

I think it was in 0.4

9. TWilliams458

TWilliams458
    Expand Collapse

Judging by the engine and the plate behind it, it will probably be a Beetle based car. Hell they might've even bought a right to create an official vehicle, which would make sense. You never know...

10. SebastianJDM

SebastianJDM
    Expand Collapse

hopefully not. that would fuck up the whole beamng universe imo.

• Agree Agree x 11
  11. TWilliams458

TWilliams458
    Expand Collapse

Yeah but having an old beetle engined car like a 911 would be cool. I think if the devs tried to make a BeamNG based car it would look ugly. Needs to have the classic shape, big bug eye headlights and small tailights not some GTA looking thing.

12. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

I still strongly belive that it will be an italian car with just the engine being similar to the beatle, that way I'll just rip the crappy engine out and put fiat inspired 2 cylinder in there

• Like Like x 1
  13. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

With the emphasis on italy in the devblog, do you think we will get a "WIP-Beta Released" type thing like in the early days of JRI where trees are placed to cover up unfinished areas? It might be snuck into the next update.

14. ¿Carbohydration?

¿Carbohydration?
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

One of the main selling points of this car is its a old, cheap flat 4 type engine. They're not going to switch it out.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

The camry actually was available in germany and the mazda xedos 6 was also available here so the pessima actually could have made it over to europe

16. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

The '96 Pessima- yes, of course. All later ones- I doubt. Pessima was likely replaced by Miramar or a similar car.
    Why can't they coexist? The same name can be used on completely different cars on different markets.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Xedos 6 and 9 were available throughout Europe, but they had sort of a premium market placement.

Pessima is more of a D-segment family car, in the vein of the Toyota Carina E/Nissan Primera/Mazda 626. All except the Mazda were developed with an eye to the Western markets and also built directly in Europe. The 626 on the other hand was imported and was a minor player in most markets.

18. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

For some reason I see at least one 626 every day, while I see Primeras and Carinas at best once per week.

19. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

I don't see them anymore, for that matter. It's become very difficult to see car of the '90s here.

20. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

I guess that if I cut out two pieces of sheetrock made by the same company, one from VW offices and one from Fiat, you'd call the former crappy in a matter of seconds.

Your hate for VW makes Hitler's antisemitism look like a weak dislike.
    --- Post updated ---
    [
    Nothing else, since that was all the difference between an US 240SX and an Euro 200SX.
    --- Post updated ---
    Here in Europe, many early 90s sporte cars came with pop-ups (e.g. 200SX, 100NX, MX-5, RX-7, Probe, Corvette, Diablo, 928)
    --- Post updated ---
    It's no more Fairlane than any other 60s car you would suggest.

More possible real influences - Lincoln Continental Mark III with bits of 70s fullsize Chevy and Buick.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice