1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Cutlass

Cutlass
    Expand Collapse

So it means nothing... kinda frimiliar

2. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

not really. His post had a bit more... detail and interesting observations.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Cutlass

Cutlass
    Expand Collapse

We just got development seek peek6!!!!#

4. TedGuijt

TedGuijt
    Expand Collapse

That was more than 10 days ago....

#12964 TedGuijt, Oct 16, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 8
  5. rocksim

rocksim
    Expand Collapse

As we know, the original AB badge and hood is no longer on the Piccolina. When one of the devs said there are more AB cars coming, could this mean that that good picture was of another Autobello?

6. Acrain7

Acrain7
    Expand Collapse

no, i mean it's possible, but very unlikely that they would be making two vehicles at once...

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Or, another model year from the one we've seen.

Judging by some outdated elements (optics, suicide doors), model pictured is very likely an early model.

• Agree Agree x 8
  8. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, 10 days ago....

9. Calarist

Calarist
    Expand Collapse

It had a production run of 16 years, so there was probably a facelift.

• Agree Agree x 6
  10. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

Curiously, this one doesn't contain any of the "bonus" screenshots that we've had in previous sneak peeks. We've seen everything in the sneak peek before.

I was kind of hoping for a picture of an early-model and late-model AB...:(

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Nathan24™

Nathan24™
    Expand Collapse

Pff, I can definitely see the D-series having a diesel in it. ;)

12. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

The D-series is not a light truck - it is based on, and sized similarly to, the Chevrolet Silverado, a truck available with various diesel engines. If anything, it needs multiple diesel engines. Perhaps an inline-6, a V8 available with or without a turbo, and a two-stroke Detroit-style V8 for the heavy-duty models.

• Agree Agree x 9
  13. Tsutarja495

Tsutarja495
    Expand Collapse

DSPs are just for people who don't read the microblogs.

Don't use them as guidelines for update release dates.

• Agree Agree x 6
  14. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

There's even the red note still there under the DSPs, which says that it doesn't tell when a update will release.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. speednsnake

speednsnake
    Expand Collapse

As much as I absolutely love 2 stroke diesels, I don't think they would be worth it in beam simply because they'd never be able to track one down to properly record the sound. Heck, the sound is pretty much the best feature of those old motors.

Even so, it would be cool to have the thing run away if you overheated the turbo too much lol. It would certainly be an interesting way to have it break down.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

I've seen developers say things along the lines of:

I'm actually not certain if I agree with Gabester on this one though. Extra variants of existing in-game cars aren't really desired by the community because they would drive differently, they're desired by the community because they look different and add more archetypes to the game. They also reflect the real-life manufacturing techniques of platform and component sharing, and in doing so increase the realism of the game as it is today while also laying the groundwork for career mode in the future. After all, components shared across multiple vehicles are a vital part of rebuilding a beat-up car on a budget. Anybody who's ever looked for a part in the junkyard can tell you it often comes from another vehicle in the same "family".

Those alternate bodystyles and shared components (like the long-rumored Legran Wagon, the plans to share an engine between Bruckell and Soliad, or the already complete ETK 800 and K series) would go a long way towards increasing vehicle diversity and easing that oversaturation while conserving development resources.*

Now, bringing the discussion back around to the Piccolina, I feel that the suggested van variant would be a particularly good choice for the following reasons:

1. It would introduce an entirely new archetype: the cabover van.
    2. It would immediately double the number of aircooled vehicles in the game.
    3. It would provide a new service vehicle: the Italian Taxi**, along with accompanying gameplay potential
    4. It would increase the number of rear-engine vehicles in the game from 3 to 4. (for reference, there are 21 front-engine vehicles, with the Bolide and Pigeon in the mid-engine category)
    5. It would provide a third Italian vehicle in preparation for the upcoming Italy map.
    *This statement was made under the assumption that Gabester was referring to alternate unibodies requiring "much more in-depth [development] work" than alternate bodies for body-on-frame vehicles, and not asserting that alternate unibodies require more work than developing completely new vehicles from scratch.

**The Fiat 600 Multipla was popular for taxi usage

Edit - Since this was moved from the Autobello Piccolina discussion thread … I guess that means that one of the developers read it at least... so I'm satisfied that this has been noticed.

#12976 YellowRusty, Oct 18, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. ¿Carbohydration?

¿Carbohydration?
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Ich kann nicht Deutsch. Ich benutze Übersetzung. Das wird wahrscheinlich dumm klingen. schieb Sauerkraut in meinen arsch.
    I doubt a official Legran Wagon will ever be a thing, due to focusing resources.

Basically all vehicles have been made into a multitude of different body styles by the modding community, and everytime a new vehicle comes out, different high quality edits will come out.

Making things like wagons, sedan/coupe or van variants isn't really worth the effort, as the modding community already delivers on this.

• Like Like x 6
  18. Nathan24™

Nathan24™
    Expand Collapse

OwO what's this
    Capture.png
    (Not really update speculation, sorry if this counts as off-topic but it's the only place where I can think of where I can post this.)

#12978 Nathan24™, Oct 18, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 2
  19. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

They probably have a deleted post log, and it's not applied for the whole forums though.

20. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

You can manage/delete your own posts in the Developer Section and its subforums.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice