1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

I think you waited too long to say they weren't coming in the next update. Maybe if you said something even earlier than that, but definitely before all that speculation really became anchored, expectations wouldn't have risen so high, and this news wouldn't have been so jarring.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. F9Deamon

F9Deamon
    Expand Collapse

I personally prefer more optimized game, improved physics than a new car and map in this update because I think there are plenty of them at the moment.

I see some of you complaining about developers. Like they were more "productive" in the past but now they can't even release a map and a car in a long time. Well, since developer team hasn't changed I don't think their "work ethic" been changed. I believe If they were 'good' in the past they most probably still good than other option that they turned bad.

And the most important thing that we have to always consider is this is a "speculation" thread and people here are speculating. We may get hallowen update tomorrrow and get the Italy update two weeks later. Who knows?

So in my opinion everybody should take it easy about developers. They are humans like us.

(Since English isn't my main language I might couldn't really explained my toughts. Sorry for that :oops:)

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  3. anselme

anselme
    Expand Collapse

Ibishu blackfoot I think

4. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

People getting upset by coming free content, how developers might feel about when they have to come and post about those things, really we should appreciate them and their work, not complain about coming free things that don't come quick and now, that is how I see it and can't really put it much better.

So Halloween themed update, but speculation dates on next update are not to be trusted?

It would not make sense to release Halloween themed update after the Halloween, and if next Friday is not to date to be trusted, then it should mean that update will come earlier than next Friday, there is no way around of that, I'm quite sure of this, secret time of update shall be found out, it is only matter of speculating hard enough...
    upload_2018-10-20_13-36-2.png

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. corvette81

corvette81
    Expand Collapse

I bought beamng fair and square with the understanding that until the game went "gold" content and updates would be steady. Now I dunno what early access games you buy where free content doesn't happen but where I am from if it's not free we would call that a scam.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

To be frank I just miss the days a couple of years ago when we got considerable content updates once per month (with hotfixes inbetween) that easily rival the current updates that come out every 4-5 months at best.

• Agree Agree x 11
  7. Cutlass

Cutlass
    Expand Collapse

Jeez 45! We only have 4
    --- Post updated ---
    Ugh my computer... just sucks, so I hope dear to God wca gets fps impovments
    --- Post updated ---
    Ugh my computer
    Yay 101332406.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Nathan24™

Nathan24™
    Expand Collapse

Devs, why not have content "Micro-Updates" that keep the community interested by adding bits of new content every week or occasion or so. That way so people won't complain about the lack of updates. Just my 2€. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

No, thats a pain in the ass for them to do and I don't want to be spammed with updates for skins and crap I don't really want.

Just monthly or bi-monthly as it used to be is just fine.

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 1
  10. 88c900t

88c900t
    Expand Collapse

Although I'm not surprised whatsoever that Italy wouldn't be ready yet, no AB this update is a huge disappointment. New content seems to be lagging severely over the last year and a half, and some (not all by any means) of the previous updates have been fairly disappointing, and this next one might be too. I'd at least like to see more content-more track configs, new configs of existing vehicles, new scenarios etc.... but we might not see any real content until March. Oh well, I have about 400 hours into the game but I probably put only 10 hours into it in the last 3 months.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Systems Lead
    BeamNG Team

Because releasing an actual update is easily two weeks of work, no matter how much content is in that update.
    You can imagine why that doesn't work every week...

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Informative Informative x 2
  12. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

If you read Steam Early Access disclaimer, it says something along lines that if you are not happy what it is, don't buy.

It is wrong idea to buy early access game and except it to be more than it is, you buy early access to support development, hoping it will grow something better, but there is no guarantees, anything you get to top of that which you did pay is extra and free. Surely most of the times it means free content, but there is no any kind of guarantee of such.

Hence thinking you would automatically get free content updates when buying early access is something I would classify as mistake, even there is high chance of such happening, that is not something they are required to deliver, it is really up to developer to put a price tag for any update that comes to early access title, not of course best business practice, but never except to get more than there is with early access title.

13. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

It baffles me thoroughly how people are upset about not getting something that was never even promised, or even hinted at. The devs are regularly giving you amazing content for free, what is there to complain about exactly? I understand that there are many young users on this forum, but I'm disappointed at the lack of maturity here. Everytime I click the "What's New?" tab and read through all the posts I feel that I've lost a significant part of my IQ.
    I digress; the point is that the BeamNG team are more passionate and hard-working about their game than most devs out there, it won't kill you people show them some love instead of complaining time and time again :)

As for my opinion on the coming updates, I'm plenty excited to see the Italy map and the new Piccolina, though Nadeox's hint at the haloween update has awakened my curiosity aswell (Pigeon jumpscares when? :p)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Ulrich

Ulrich
    Expand Collapse

Hence why financing that game thinking it would turn out into something great was also a mistake.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. corvette81

corvette81
    Expand Collapse

Yeah I know right the content we received this yeah filled my hdd up....

...Oh wait thats right there has only been like 2 things added this year, a map and a bus.

The devs could solve this issue if they just posted regular behind the scenes happenings. If we knew what was in the pipeline, or how they were rectifying performance issue we wouldn't have an issue accepting a delay but when the devs are silent and it appears all the man power is on the new map or the new vehicle and both get delayed I think we have a reason to voice concern. After all if the whole team was on the map or the vehicle and they couldn't get an update out this year I would be very concerned going by the amount of time invested in the map.

• Like Like x 2
  16. ¿Carbohydration?

¿Carbohydration?
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I know Nadeox already replied, but...
    1:
    Italy in the hotfixes/Mini updates? Why would the devs drop their biggest piece of content in a mini-update?

Mini updates tend to come out a week or so later, and an extra few days doesn't really make all to much of a difference to how finished the final product is.

2:
    Never.
    Not once.
    Not a single time.
    Has the devs lead you up to believe ANYTHING.
    They give hints, and they give pictures, but pictures can tend to be a facade.
    I guarantee you, as little as I know, that the Autobello is quite buggy and needs to be greatly ironed out.
    All you did is say "I thought it was coming out, the devs informed me I was wrong, I'm mad at the devs for not confirming my view of overall state of development from the tiny shreds of evidence I've received!

I'm upset that the Autobello is not coming out this update. Who wouldn't be?

But can you please not lampoon the devs, because you were wrong? They never released any official update.

3:
    This had happened to the hopper. People thought it would come out for update after update, and complained a lot because they were wrong.

The reason it didn't happen like whats happening now back in April 2017 is the devs announced that it was coming in 0.9 previously.
    Just because they didn't drop that until now, doesn't mean that you were lead astray.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

At this rate this thread will be locked soon :(

If you guys are tired of waiting content or lost faith that BeamNG will be great, maybe then it is time to take a brake and see world out there, sometimes things take longer and sometimes things don't end up to way one wanted them to go, but there is so much in world that it is worth experience positive of all there is instead of this all.

Some people really seem to look into ruining the mood of everyone over anything, which I find bit sad.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. ¿Carbohydration?

¿Carbohydration?
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

It'll pass over soon.

Which will then turn into a week or two of dumb memes and my conspiracy theories, until the next update come out, and we will get all the "Goodies" that Nadeox is eluding too.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Can we all please take a deep breath and relax?

I see some people mixing 'not in the next update' with 'not getting'.
    You are getting the things, but with we need a bit more time. But definitively you are getting it.
    I'll also say again to be careful at believing the speculations (the hint is in the name)

I also see people reducing updates into new content only (vehicles/maps), minimizing all the other work being done here (maybe something under the hood it's not as visible as a shiny new vehicle, but it may have took more work!)
    There are bug fixes, improvements, additions and changes to existing content, new features, improvements to existing features and the the list goes on and on.
    I think the changelogs speak for themselves.

Some says 'a team our size' or 'if the whole team is working on vehicles and maps'.
    Those points are relative to the magnitude of the project: we are relative a small group of people considering what is being worked on.
    Also please understand that in the team not everyone is a vehicle designer or a level artist.
    There are groups of dedicated to work on specific things like Sounds, QA, UI, Vehicle, Levels, Programming (which breaks into even smaller groups as you can imagine) and so on.

Some says we need to show more of the the behind the scenes.
    We already try that with the Microblogs and Developers Section (as well grouping those into Sneak Peek blogs for those that don't visit the forum that often).
    Sometimes we want to also keep some surprises, other times it's nothing exciting like a console window with errors :)

We would also be quite happy to have that content released as soon as possible (why wouldn't we?), but if we think something is honestly not ready to be enjoyed yet, take it for granted we will take our time to work on it more until the blocking issues are ironed out.

Cheers and have a nice weekend!

edit: my english is no good when I have flu ):

• Agree Agree x 25
    • Like Like x 7
  20. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

Even if something's free and taking someone's time, it doesn't mean you have to treat it like the next best thing since sliced bread.

If you don't like something, be frank about it. Especially if you've paid the manufacturer.

• Agree Agree x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice