1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

Alright, here's my view on things...

@Nadeox1 is right, there's a very big difference between "not in the next update" and "not getting". However, over the past couple months, staff have been aggressively teasing the Autobello and Italy. Usually, before an update adds a piece of content, the devs tease it like there is no tomorrow. However, this led the community to the conclusion that the next update will be the Autobello and Italy. You can obviously see why the community got upset over the announcement that it will not be in the next update. Also, another thing to note is that there isn't a major piece of content in development (Major as in vehicles/levels) that would likely come in the update, unless the Gavril Bluebuck is done already, but that's less likely than tdev not buying yet another coffee maker. A number of community members were not big fans of the past couple updates, mainly the Automation Collaboration and all the issues that went along with it (mainly on the repository side), and the fact that a number of forum members simply do not care about that game. You can see why some of us are a bit disappointed that the next update will not include two pieces of content that were being teased as if they were in the next update won't be in the next update. Here's the thing, there are a number of community members who only care about the new maps and vehicles. They couldn't give a rat's ass as to if engines were being remade or Diamondback inserted some other simulation aspect into the game. And those people are likely those who get the most disappointed.

Here's what can be done to solve this issue:
    1: Don't tease content as if it's in the next update it it isn't going to be. If you want to show that something is unfinished, show the unfinished sections too. Some people only look at the pictures, and most pictures are currently staged like the content is 100% complete.
    2: If a problem arises, such as the Italy FPS issues, come out and tell the community as soon as possible. I highly suspect that there was a large gap between the issues being discovered and Tdev's post.
    3: Listen to the community's feedback. There's usually some backing to what we're saying. Also, look at the features that the community wants most and consider implementing them into the game.

• Agree Agree x 11
  2. Capkirk

Capkirk
    Expand Collapse

Oh boy, this blew up. I don't why everyone is so upset about this, granted, I expected the AB in the next update too, but I will be happy to wait another month. Considering the number of facelifts that would likely to be given to the AB, it's pretty likely it's going to have a lot of stock configurations, and those definitely take time.
    Also, updating already existing vehicles and optimization is a great thing. More than a few stock vehicles are showing their age, and WCUSA still tanks my framerates even with a 1060.
    And anyway, I might not have been here as long as some of you, but this is definitely the most open the dev's have been about content in a while. I think they've been doing great work, even if the AB is taking longer than expected. Although, only testing it until its released like the bus probably would've been a better idea. It certainly would decrease the amount of rage in this thread.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  3. MrAngry

MrAngry
    Expand Collapse

The issue is that I don't care for an update, no matter how good, as long as there's not a new vehicle in it. Combine that with the lack of new vehicles over the period of the previous year and you end up with me not playing the game until I have something new to play with.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

And who told you that 100% of the man power was being put into the map and/or the car? There are hours, weeks, and months of work that go into bug fixes, optimization, and content far beyond maps and vehicles. Also, why would you be concerned at all? Will you become ill if the content you want takes longer to arrive than expected? Has someone threatened to hurt you if the content takes too long to come out? There's no point in being worried at all. Not to mention that it's by far preferable to have the devs spend more time on making sure the content is perfect, than to end up with an unfinished or unpolished product in the end, even if it did come quickly.

As for content, there has been so much work done on improving core game mechanics, sounds, optimization, and so much more within this year. You absolutely cannot measure the content of this game by cars and maps, that is just an over-simplification.

• Agree Agree x 6
  5. jonthefuzz

jonthefuzz
    Expand Collapse

I curious to so what is coming this update.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Zero

Zero
    Expand Collapse

People seem to forget there's so much more to updates, than just new vehicles and maps. The game would've look and be very different, if it wasn't for all the "small" things they implement in each update. These include changes to physics, deformation, MANY fixes, improvements, GUI, audio, AI, Lua and I could go on and on.
    It's nothing more than impressive how much the team pays attention to detail. Not a 100 cars could make any good, if everything behind what you see wasn't updated and new features was added.

So before you make another post or thread about "bUt WhErS tHe NeW cArS???" or "i don't wanna play anymore if they dont add more cars :mad:" then just have a brief read of their blog. You don't need to study the whole thing, but just check.
    https://blog.beamng.com/blog
    For each updates, there's HUGE lists of things they added, changed or improved.

Now if you got the slightest understanding how how 3D vehicle creation takes (FROM SCRATCH), including jbeam etc then you might understand why they can't make a car for each update.

Still not convinced? Try the tech demo, which is a old version of BeamNG. Just pay attention to the small details, compared to the newest version of beamNG. You should be able to see a big difference.

• Agree Agree x 9
  7. jonthefuzz

jonthefuzz
    Expand Collapse

yeah i'm looking forward to all the smaller thing like the ui change, launch control, new gravity system, real time mod updates etc.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Nathan24™

Nathan24™
    Expand Collapse

Also devs, @Nadeox1, @Diamondback, I know this might sound like a dumb idea, but...

1) What about the other body styles for the existing official cars (Burnside, Moonhawk, Sunburst, Miramar, LeGran, etc) that those cars have been really seeming to be begging for?

2) When will the Automation Test Track map get proper day/night support?

#13068 Nathan24™, Oct 20, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. CrashHard

CrashHard
    Expand Collapse

I`m so looking forward to the new AI system and the new gravity stuff, would love to see that in this update.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. ¿Carbohydration?

¿Carbohydration?
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

A cool challenging scenario would be a "Planet hopping" scenario

It would be a series of bodies of different sizes and gravitational pull, placed in a line.

There would be a ramp on each planet, and the goal would be to.

1: get enough speed going around the body
    2: Jump the ramp fast enough that the force of the next planet down that you are jumping towards pulls you in.
    3 repeat until finished.

This would be very hard (And maybe not possible) because you would have to get speeds and jumps right to minimize speeds and crashing, but not too fast that you end up in some sort of weird orbit around another body. You would have to get the jumps right to not land front first, instead opting to "Clip" the edge of the body to slow yourself down to stability.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Tixltif

Tixltif
    Expand Collapse

I kinda wanna see a scenario where you have to drive super fast and run out of orbit on a planet to get to another

12. Calarist

Calarist
    Expand Collapse

Why not just replace the I6 with a V6? It would be way more realistic, added to the fact that it is fairly easy to make a V6 model from the (new) V8 model. Here's just a proof of concept of what I'm talking about.
    screenshot_00293.png

13. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

It would be no more realistic than an I6.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. ¿Carbohydration?

¿Carbohydration?
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Whether an I6 in the game is more realistic then a V6 is debatable.

Depends largely on the companies history, such as takeovers and mergers, which could all impact what type of engines are available for the d-series.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

3rd gen had only one V6 option and D-series mostly resembles 3rd gen, even it is bit newer. 4th gen was then when I6 was phased out in favor of V6, but C/K 4th gen has whole different looks.
    upload_2018-10-20_19-30-54.png

Lazy low revving I6 with 3-spd would kinda be nice in rusted variety, it would need new sounds though. I would be okay with V6 option too, but I don't really see need to change what they have designed it to have either.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. ¿Carbohydration?

¿Carbohydration?
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Of course, that's comparing it to real life.

Even if Chevy never had an I6, as long as its feasible and makes enough sense to exist, I consider it realistic.

After all, we don't know the history of there engine lineup and whatnot.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Acrain7

Acrain7
    Expand Collapse

if i could just throw in my two cents on the remains of the verbal-war that just happened here;

The Autobello Piccolina is not coming this update, and that's kinda disappointing. but you know what isn't? the promise of an actual Halloween-themed update, which i gotta say even if its just pumpkins on every map i'm still hyped for! And all that extra time going into the Piccolina and italy just means that when we do finally get it it'll be as ready and full as ever! I don't know about you, but i much prefer to wait only a month or two more for a brand new shiny vehicle that's even just a tenth better than it is today. aight well that's just my opinion, but please, don't hate on the devs, sometimes they have to make decisions the community won't like- but don't throw a fit, they're just doing there job, and insuring that when we do get the next update it'll be better than ever.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

It's really sad that people are angry that a map or car isn't going to be in the next update. This dev team is working as hard as possible, and they don't get much thanks from everyone in this thread. And yet here they are, acting nice and respectful to everyone who is complaining. This is a really great team working on this beautiful and complex game. Thanks :oops:

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

I fell like every video game dev company that I follow faces community uproar over anything they do lately.

BeamNG devs are open: People think everything is coming in the next update and freak out when they are wrong
    Not open: people think nothing is coming in the next update and freak out
    Release rushed content: people freak out that it isn’t high enoug quality
    Wait to release refined content: People get impatient and freak out

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

Jeez, everyone chill out. The only reason you're all so butthurt is because of this thread. If I were a moderator, I would have locked/deleted this thread ages ago.

Also, the AB and Italy are ambitious, but aren't exactly Half-Life 3 - in this case, there is a very big difference between "delayed" and "cancelled." You have no idea how many facelifts and variants are planned for the AB, or how catastrophic Italy's performance truly is.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to pretend this thread is locked until after the update. When @Nadeox1 says you'll like something, you probably will.

#13080 vmlinuz, Oct 20, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice