1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

Regarding tiles: yes, far future. This is why we improve the level saving format constantly.

No promises if / when / if ever as usual ...

Please do not start pinning us down on traffic mode now. We are secretive about these things because we still don't know if 100% of it will work.

• Informative Informative x 15
  2. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

So, I'm an engineer, and a very large one at that, too. Am I equal to 4 or 5 skilled workers...? ;)

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  3. CN877

CN877
    Expand Collapse

Don't tell us too much, I still want some pleasant surprises for the next update ;)

More seriously though I think its awesome how the devs are always letting us know whats going on behind the scenes, and I feel like some people need to appreciate that more, as their aren't many other games that devs are involved with the community like BeamNG.

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

That was addressed in the very comment after my comment.

Took a break from the game a week after WCUSA was removed for about 10 months due to computer issues. Came back to the game, forgot about that track since it’s not exactly in the most accessible location, or where it was on the map released in the WCUSA progress thread OP

5. crazikyle

crazikyle
    Expand Collapse

Even though I may express some displeasure at a lack of content in updates, I'm still always excited to see what is changing. I've been here since the beginning and seeing how much more complex the changelogs have come is amazing. I'm really excited for the Halloween update and all the under the hod changes. I have faith that yall are working hard to make a great gaje, and that great things take time. Ignore the haters and keep on doing what you've been doing for the past 5 years.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Gamergull

Gamergull
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

YEEESSSSS! That sounds amazing. I'm a bit obsessed with making my own traffic scenarios, and I really wanted to improve performance. Can't wait for this optimization to be live. I got stumped with figuring out what was the root cause of the stutter lag when trying to do stuff with traffic.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ¿Carbohydration?

¿Carbohydration?
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

The repo has this note now.
    Screenshot7.png
    I Imagine this might be related to certain staff members focusing on the next update.

• Agree Agree x 7
  8. The Amazing Whale Shark

The Amazing Whale Shark
    Expand Collapse

This was from quite a while ago.

9. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

It went away, though. Now it's back, so it must have to do with the update.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. ¿Carbohydration?

¿Carbohydration?
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

If it was, I didn't notice it.

11. Tixltif

Tixltif
    Expand Collapse

was on the repo yesterday and didn't see that althogh I'm gonna be doing a halloween party this weekend so probably gonna have beam up and do a racing tournament with it and if the game updates before then I'll be hyped cause my weekend is gonna be super fun with an update and a party.

12. rocksim

rocksim
    Expand Collapse

Did nobody else see that LIDAR and Radar support, as well as GPS-world positioning is in game on BeamNG.Research's website? This could lead to self-driving cars that don't need AI tracks to navigate, or even . better, they can pick and choose where to go, and the GPS-system will take note of that and make sure they don't keep driving in circles like the current AI does, maybe it could send them off in another direction.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

Ehh, sure. If you don't want to actually play a game but research on how to create an ai, sure, lol

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  14. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Researching how to create ai could be a game, there are games even about programming these days :D

But it really is cool project, creating autonomous robots in simulation, that is actually equally interesting as .Drive, just different kind of modding at the end.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

Hey guys, I have another theory:

BeamNG has 6 letters
    There are 3 nodes in the BeamNG logo
    6/3=2
    The second letter of the alphabet is B
    BeamNG starts with B
    Therefore, I believe the next update will be a version of BeamNG. This could be a bit of a reach, though - let me know what you think!

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Aerohead1999

Aerohead1999
    Expand Collapse

I don't know, hmm

17. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

Well, it's not nearly as certain as that. It could just as easily mean that they've encountered a problem with regular update development that will temporarily require more manpower, that somebody's gone on vacation, or that there's been a surge in mods uploads lately.

18. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

BeamNG.drive 2 on the Unreal Engine confirmed.

• Like Like x 2
  19. CarsRFun

CarsRFun
    Expand Collapse

Honestly, that would be the best thing ever if it was on the unreal engine.

20. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

It would lag so bad.

tdev has often mentioned making their own and Vulkan, so Unreal engine will not happen and I think that implementing BeamNG physics would not go too well with Unreal engine.

I don't really care what engine or technology BeamNG runs, I'm most interested to have it use all those multicore systems properly and not being so badly tied down by single core performance of CPU, but that will happen when it is time for that to happen.

Also illumination and transparency issues are something that would be nice to have updated to this century, but also that will eventually happen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice