1. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

This alone raises so many questions

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Systems Lead
    BeamNG Team

Indeed :D

Not quite Multipla levels of beauty, but pretty close I'd say.

• Agree Agree x 14
  3. ByteGuy

ByteGuy
    Expand Collapse

that thing can do that speed? 111mph? OT: Im just looking forwards to italy, theres always time for improving the roads, besides it not even released yet.

4. ¿Carbohydration?

¿Carbohydration?
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

(sees "Cruisin 180 in renault scenic) what oh wait its metric

There should be american google where everytime someone uses the metric system it gives them conversion and tells you how dumb your system of measurement is.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 4
  5. JetPoweredMacintosh™

JetPoweredMacintosh™
    Expand Collapse

i definitely second this

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Not the most beautiful, but quite an interesting concept :p Also, doing 180 in that thing must have been rather sketchy to begin with, the top speed of the diesel spec is around 180 IIRC and the 2.0 16V can do around 190 IIRC, but I can only imagine how bad was the stability with the rather high center of mass of a lifted MPV with more offroad focused tires.

Also, that car is one of the cars I'd like to see in game, possibly as a variant of a current car... If only I had enough time to model that thing, but based on the melty pessima.

• Like Like x 1
  7. The Gas Station

The Gas Station
    Expand Collapse

Actually it should also go the other way around, so "it's snowing and 30 degrees outside" would make a little bit of sense.

8. SebastianJDM

SebastianJDM
    Expand Collapse

lol didnt realize my scenic story would start such a discussion. i wasn't going too much over the limit, since it was 120 or 130 iirc? and the tires weren't the chunky stock ones either they were some cheap "sporty" tires, which honestly felt like walmart tires to me. stability wasn't awful, but definitely not good, but we did have a lot of weight in the back from our luggage (road trip!). and yes, the engine was screaming for help at those speeds.
    i had to give it almost full throttle to stay cruising at 180, and even then on a gradual little slope it would want to slow down. sucked up almost half a tank on that one highway, and that's with a conversion to run on benzine (and with some generously advanced timing to accompany it).

so yes, "cruising" was a bit of an understatement to the situation but imo if you're steady speed you're cruising ;)

9. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

180km/h is 50km/h over the limit. That would get you a suspended licence for 1-3 months and a 600-700 € fine...

By the way, there are no potholes on highways here, like none at all. So that means your were probably on a large beltway, and limit there is 70-90km/h...

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. SebastianJDM

SebastianJDM
    Expand Collapse

dont act like you don't go that fast sometimes lmao. and idk the laws too well in italy (or most of europe tbh) i should probably look into them since i'm there so often. but yeah the road was damn awful. idk exactly what i was on, but there were no other cars or anything around. just needed to make up some time (we overslept and had to leave the hostel late)

#13510 SebastianJDM, Nov 9, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Blijo

Blijo
    Expand Collapse

Most people follow the traffic rules. And almost all people(apart from a few) don't speed that much. Don't ridicule someone because they do follow the rules. That's stupid and childish

If you visit a country, you should know the differences in traffic rules. It's just stupid if you don't know them, plain ignorance(and potentially dangerous).
    And in my experience, the toll roads(highways) in Italy are quite good, apart from a few stretches but those are (being) renovated. Other roads can be pretty awful

Anyways back on topic.
    I hope the devs are going to add local-branded versions of the cars for italy :)

• Agree Agree x 7
  12. SebastianJDM

SebastianJDM
    Expand Collapse

my apologies. :oops:

i hope there are some references to existing brands that are more prevalent in europe than in current maps, for example: some larger, fancier, and more plentiful nodeoline fuel stations, or maybe in one of the towns we get a civetta specialized repair shop.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

They could craft ad sign that advertises some coming vehicle, that would be nice eastern egg :)

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

I don't. Nevermind that much over the limit.

15. ¿Carbohydration?

¿Carbohydration?
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

30 mph above is being a danger to yourself and others.

Going that much over the limit will get you ~200 dollars fine where I live.

Especially since as @FLyInG 2 YoUr SoUL stated that could get you well near a thousand usd in fines, or even more if the road was a beltway.

Point is don't be a dumbass. Follow road safety rules.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Roads in BeamNG have speed set to them
    We have speed limit signs
    Cars have speedometers
    Italy has speed cameras.

So with Italy, we get speed cameras and can get virtual speeding tickets.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. ¿Carbohydration?

¿Carbohydration?
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

leave it to pros mate

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I'm pretty stoopid, doubt that can do that, but I can break pretty much anything in ways most can't even think about :)

19. KaiserimnopYT

KaiserimnopYT
    Expand Collapse

What is going on about the scenic which is my parent car

20. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Well, as Diamondback likes it being beautiful, maybe we get such in update, it would be interesting to see how many revolutions it will turn as that roofline is almost like a hemisphere, so it would come back to wheels if rolled on roof over front bumper, so taking enough speed, it would act like a wheel, certainly worth testing with good rollcage at the cliff map.

However somehow I feel such vehicle does not appear into game, as there is that Multipla option :D

Rolling hills of Italy, hmm, hmm :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice