1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

I know nadeox1's imgur page isn't entirely reliable for finding new content, but he's posted these two pictures recently. the white truck has these new fancy beadlocked wheels (they might be part of nardelli wheel pack or something) but they both also have roof light covers. can anyone tell me if these are from a mod?

• Informative Informative x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

I honesty don't remember seeing those before.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Nathan24™

Nathan24™
    Expand Collapse

I would love to see a pace car version of the Bolide to come with Italy, something along the lines of these:
    Pacecarconcept.jpg

Also, before you ask if the light bar on the second image is a mod...

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

Time to do this I guess:

0.15 (Estimated Release date 12/16-12/22)

Confirmed:
    Italy (WIP RELEASE) - Confirmed to appear in the update, however in a WIP form with a finished version coming early 2019.
    Autobello Piccolina - Confirmed to be in 0.15.

Likely:
    More vehicle configurations - One dev (I believe Nadeox), mentioned more vehicle configurations being planned, likely to fit with the new map.

Various physics improvements
    Scenarios/Campaign for the Italy map

Possible:
    Gavril D-Series Tow Truck - We received a rollback tow truck for the T-Series, so the chances of rope physics are higher than usual.
    UI Rework - It's been a while since the original UI post, it might be in a workable form, but who knows?
    Tire Physics upgrades - People have said that the Autobello wheels seem to have different tire physics. I haven't noticed a massive difference, but if so, we could see general improvements later.
    Trophy Truck - In 0.14 there were some trophy truck wheels added, and soon removed. This could potentially hint at an official trophy truck.

Unlikely:
    Gavril Bluebuck - Likely still a heavy WIP.
    Soliad Wendover - Confirmed to be released sometime after the Bluebuck, so there is no chance.
    Map Upgrades - Confirmed to not be ready yet.
    Articulated Wentward DT40L - We haven't heard anything about that since March.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

The Civetta could use some love, and with Italy coming out...

When was the last time the Civetta got any updates, the Notte variant?

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

at minimum it needs a nicer engine

7. Nathan24™

Nathan24™
    Expand Collapse

I would love to see a pace car version of the Bolide.

8. Acrain7

Acrain7
    Expand Collapse

don't forget overall game optimization, which is required for any of us to actually run Italy haha

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

I started this as an edit to my earlier post about the Bolide but it is so much stuff I figured I should have it as a seperate post.

I looked into some stuff to get an idea of what the Bolide could have. Being that we don't know much anything about Civetta as a company I don't want to say what I think the Bolide "should" have, so I'll just include some info for cars that come to mind when considering the car.

The Bolide currently has the option for a 3.2L, 3.5L, and 3.9L V8. Not exactly a lot of variety there. The real life Italian wedges all had far more interesting engines. Of course most of these are older than the Bolide, but the point stands.

Lamborghini Countach: 3.9, 4.8, and 5.2L V12. An Austrian man put a twin turbo system in one or two of the 4.8L cars.
    Ferrari Berlinetta: 4.4L or 4.9L flat 12.
    Lamborghini Espada: 3.9L V12
    De Tomaso Pantera: 5.8L Ford V8
    Maserati Khamsin: 4.9L V8
    Alfa Romeo Carabo: 2.0L V8
    Lancia Stratos: 2.4L V6 (One had a 3.0L)
    Lancia Montecarlo: 1.8L, 2.0L i4.

The Bolide is also short on configs.

Counting different transmission options as one config:

DT40L: 3? Half of these are just re-skins but they all have different weights so I'm not sure how to count it
    Pigeon: 5
    Miramar: 5
    Bolide: 6
    ‘53 Special: 6 (counting the M, Dual-Matic, and Super-Matic as 1 config)
    K-Series: 7
    SBR4: 7
    ‘96 Pessima (My game client doesn't actually mention the year in the vehicle selector description?): 7
    200BX: 8
    LeGran: 9
    Grand Marshall: 9
    T-Series: 9
    Moonhawk: 9 (12 if you count +1976 facelift version to be different)
    ‘88 Pessima: 10
    H-Series: 10
    Hopper: 10
    Covet: 11
    800-Series: 12
    Barstow: 13
    Sunburst: 13
    I-Series: 17
    D-Series: 19? This is a mess of heavy duty, 4WD, extended, etc… So I’m not sure how to count it

While I’m at it, I really wish different transmissions were a selectable option like colors are instead of having dedicated configs.

The Countach is famous for its crazy looks. I’ve seen versions with different front and rear bumpers, some with fender flares and some without, and of course it isn’t uncommon for owners to take off the factory wing. Had a US Spec version with possibly the stupidest bumpers I have seen on a supercar. Also had a Lamborghini 25th anniversary edition. And yes @Nathan24™ , there was the F1 safety car.

The Espada and Khamsin had US spec versions.

The Pantera had a couple of interesting versions. US spec models, the Pantera L, GTS, and GT5.

The Stratos had the rally version and a Group 5 version. The Montecarlo had a Group 5 version and was related to the Rally 037.

Every once in awhile the idea of a police spec Bolide comes up. Real life police departments do have show cars for publicity purposes and the Italians did actually use that Gallardo they had. The only similar situation I know of from the 1960's-1980's would be Porsche highway patrol cars in Europe.

#13749 ManfredE3, Dec 1, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 3
  10. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Variety is the least of the Bolide's problems. It needs a lot of improvements, as it feels kinda dated as of now.

Improved engine model, better wheel designs, a Connolly leather interior option and the mandatory side scoop would go great lengths into lifting the vehicle's look. Optics could use some refinement, too.

• Agree Agree x 11
  11. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Pink, white seats with pink pinstripes, what more one could ask for really? :)

Collectable :D

#13751 fufsgfen, Dec 1, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
  12. 88c900t

88c900t
    Expand Collapse

I'm just happy we are getting another update very soon, as the last one only felt like a mini-update. If we got the autobello, D series tow truck and either some scenarios or added configs in addition, the last update would have felt more like a full-fledged update. As far as Italy, it's nice that they are releasing it (as a WIP) very soon but I want them to take their time if need be.

I also have some Ideas for new configurations to diversify some of the vehicles, like a sedan Moonhawk or a wagon LeGran. Both IRL very popular vehicles.

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. SquarebodyChevy

SquarebodyChevy
    Expand Collapse

Is there anything known about the D-Series tow truck other than it's in the game files?

14. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

Other than that some commands were also found, not really.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. enjoyinorc6742

enjoyinorc6742
    Expand Collapse

out of all the vehicles in BeamNG, the Bolide is the worst in terms of quality. then after that might be one of the following, Covet, both Pessimas, 200BX, and Pigeon.

16. Nathan24™

Nathan24™
    Expand Collapse

You mean the car itself or the way the devs made them?

17. enjoyinorc6742

enjoyinorc6742
    Expand Collapse

just overall, the car itself is pretty low quality compared to current stuff.

18. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

on the topic of the bolide needing a rework, It's always buggered me how the bolide 320 has steel wheels, they don't have hubcaps, they are just plain old matte black wheels of a base model moonhawk. when they first added the beta quebecois wheels (they are now on the 350, though they were unused at the time) i thought they would put then on the 320. but they didn't.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Capkirk

Capkirk
    Expand Collapse

The Bolide could certainly use new engine models. The engine performance and the like are fine though. Most Italian supercar manufacturers had one engine design per car, and stuck with it for decades, and 440 HP from a 4 liter engine is about right for a late 80s race engine.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. 3DTunes

3DTunes
    Expand Collapse

I would like to hear some examples so I can better understand your statement, because just saying it is low quality compared to other stuff is not helpful and if so give some examples for the other cars you mentioned too, expect the Pigeon because that is obvious, I'm just curious.

• Agree Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice