1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. 88c900t

88c900t
    Expand Collapse

So glad you are including a dune/offroad version, hope it has the dangerous swing-axle suspension common on RR cars like the Beetle and Corvair (not sure if the Fiat 600 had this, but I know the 500 did).

Not sure how italy will run on my pc, West Coast runs fine IF I adjust the settings....

• Like Like x 2
  2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Cool, the more you know :)
    How do you know about this? Personal experience?

So you had white front blinkers in all configuration (in addition to the standard orange dots on the top/side of the fender?)
    Or more like 'THIS' or 'THAT'?

Drop a PM if you feel like.

Took note of this meanwhile, should just be a tiny electrics thing, we will see to adjust this for later :)

#13982 Nadeox1, Dec 18, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
    • Like Like x 7
  3. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

I am gonna have to test out the Italy map to see if it will run smoothly on my system I guess between 40 and 50fps if I tweak the settings a little it MIGHT do 60fps...but I am unsure of it yet but first pirority for me is adding in all the new information to the Autobello Wiki page.....urrgh the life of a wiki editor its hellish haha

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nitro101

Nitro101
    Expand Collapse

Why can't we all just appreciate the hard work that the developers put in here? Just appreciate it for what it is.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  5. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

"The more you know?"

I'd expect devs of Beam to do more research, given that even I am ashamed when I realize many mistakes in my Automation mods, and I'm not a paid game dev team.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Deal.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Our vehicle team will be punished for this, shall not happen again!
    :D

Aside the joke, we do our research, but tiny details are often not mentioned in details.
    That's were personal experience does the difference.
    If one had the possibility to see these up close, like I suppose F2YS, that's a huge bonus :)

• Like Like x 7
  8. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

I’m just gonna throw out a general comment here...

As a community created around a vehicle physics sim, I would really hope we could have conversations about automobile history as it relates to the game better than we have been in recent months. We should strive to foster a conversation about this sorta stuff instead of so often shutting down conversations just because some people see the important little things as random details that don’t affect anything.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Cutlass

Cutlass
    Expand Collapse

its just a piccolina inside a pigeon... calm down.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. sjbphoto

sjbphoto
    Expand Collapse

I don’t get why people are so angry that it’s not exactly like the real life cars. Isn’t the point of having a lore is that it’s *inspired* by real cars, and then elevated to its own thing? I think it’s awesome! People need to wait until they have the car and can use it to start calling it terrible and inaccurate. Also, @MrAnnoyingDude, be quiet. Do more research? Quit demanding things of the devs and be happy that they are working on it at all.

• Agree Agree x 6
  11. Acrain7

Acrain7
    Expand Collapse

since we're on the subject of tiny details, any chance you added the weird floor-mounted starter and choke of the fiat 600?

upload_2018-12-18_12-6-26.png

Basically when you put the key into the dash you just turn it to "on", then leave it- you don't continue turning it. You then find the starter on the floor (the right lever) and pull it up to start the car, then push it down again once the 600 has started. (if it's cold out you pull the choke lever - the left one -, then also release once the car has started)

see this video;

interior shots & starting up the car starts at 1:16
    :)

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

That’s a bit of a straw man... No one is calling it terrible, and i don’t think anyone wants an exact 600 replica. It seems that most of the people really getting mad are the ones telling everyone to shut up and accept whatever happens.

The issue for us is that a 1960’s Italian Car should follow 1960’s Italian laws or else it isn’t 1960’s Italian. There’s a difference between artistic license and historical inaccuracy.

Nadeox himself mentioned that they did research but smaller things like electronics slipped through and they will look into adjusting it later. It’s awesome that he is willing to have this conversation and look into it, which is all any of us want. Yet some people continue to yell and try to shut down a civil and relevant discussion.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  13. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Obviously Piccolina has found it's way to peoples hearts because it brings up so much passion among them :)

• Like Like x 12
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Staff Pick Staff Pick x 1
  14. Acrain7

Acrain7
    Expand Collapse

Hey, @Nadeox1 , here's an idea for the future: for the next car you add to beam, go out and rent one of each of the real life cars it's based off of, for maybe an hour or so each, that way you can identify all of their little quirks and neat features and better the outcome of the new fictional vehicle :)

just a thought ! :p

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

As much as I love the idea of the BeamNG team making videos of them test driving cars they will design, often that would be difficult and not even useful. Using the 600 for example, all of those on the road there have probably been modified for modern regulations, contemporary import laws, etc... *remembers when MCM had to cut a JDM car in two to import it*

16. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

It may be worthwhile for members of the development team to attend car shows and visit auto museums whenever schedule and costs permit - I'm all for avoiding mishaps like the T-series' headlights.

17. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

Care to elaborate?

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. Acrain7

Acrain7
    Expand Collapse

oh i didn't mean that they should make videos out of it, i just thought it would be helpful to inspect the real-life equivalents prior to vehicle development :)

as for import laws and regulations, well... i can't help 'em there haha.

19. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

Classic car equipment laws are in the vast majority of cases grandfathered in.

20. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

The video thing was all me, I love when the team uploads stuff like them lapping the Nurburgring in a BMW.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice