1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

I really hope we see news of an automation engine exporter sometime soon. That has been on top of my BeamNG features wish list ever since the automation co-lab was first announced and I just noticed that in the steam FAQ Killrob posted back in July he did say they are interested in it but it has low priority. Hopefully they are still interested in it and it's a bit higher on the to-do list.

(Yes I know there's multiple ways of manually exporting automation engines already)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. NoxiousFumes

NoxiousFumes
    Expand Collapse

Have there been any updates about the new UI they are working on, besides the dev blog post? I haven't seen anything so I may have missed something.

3. Cutlass

Cutlass
    Expand Collapse

idk glad to your back though.

4. CN877

CN877
    Expand Collapse

Not that I’m aware of.

5. NoxiousFumes

NoxiousFumes
    Expand Collapse

Hmm, thanks for the answer. Can't wait for the better UI, hopefully it fixes the 20fps capped problem.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. CN877

CN877
    Expand Collapse

https://www.beamng.com/threads/traction-control-improvements.60611/#post-987984

Traction Control improvements teased with the new electric SBR4 :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. PabloMM

PabloMM
    Expand Collapse

I would like to see a hill assistant, who will remain active brakes for a few seconds

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. ConcordeLXi

ConcordeLXi
    Expand Collapse

I think that with the new electric car technology, they should make a whole new car instead of faceliftting a current car to be electric.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Tsutarja495

Tsutarja495
    Expand Collapse

I noticed that the Barstow completely lacks a B-pillar. Is this to facilitate the development of a convertible Barstow?
    upload_2019-1-24_17-27-19.png

10. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

nah, my guess is that due to low safety standards when the car was supposed to be produced, the body wouldn't need to be that strong, so the lack of B-pillar is more just a styling thing than an indication of a convertible.
    And tbh, removing a pillar isn't that big of a deal if you're already making a convertible, especially an old one like the barstow, which didn't have to meet any restrictive safety standards.

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. CommandoAir

CommandoAir
    Expand Collapse

To be honest I'd rather see all of them before an electric

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

I believe they mentioned that it’s an issue of workload. We know they are working on the Bluebuck and after that the Wendover is scheduled, so if they want to add a new electric car it’ll be at the back of a long que considering how long it takes to make a vehicle.

As far as how sensible it is... Any car company crazy enough to make a car as weird as the SBR4 next to something as sensible as the Sunburst probably doesn’t care about making a sensible electric car, so it doesn’t really matter IMO.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Googlefluff

Googlefluff
    Expand Collapse

A pillarless design is quite a common feature in coupe styling, and even carries on to the present day in cars like the E-Class coupe:

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Capkirk

Capkirk
    Expand Collapse

Considering the production years of the SBR4, I think it makes sense that the SBRe would be a sort of technology demonstrator/homologation car. It could be a bunch of prototype electric equipment shoved in the SBR chassis, as a prototype and sold as a limited production model. In that case, it wouldn't matter if it was hilariously impractical and sold at a massive loss, it's just meant to give Hirochi engineers experience, generate hype and give Hirochi headway into electric racing classes.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

SBR4 weird? Appears to be like any Porsche to me.

16. SebastianJDM

SebastianJDM
    Expand Collapse

weird because the shooting brake bodystyle is fairly uncommon, along with it's aggressive styling, active aero, AWD, and rearward engine placement. all of that sort of puts it into the supercar category, and it gets even weirder (for a supercar) that the two engine options are a 2.0L and a 2.5L, both 4-cylinders. and in my opinion it's pretty weird that this car is offered with a stick shift, but so is the audi R8 (thats weird to me too), so i guess it could be realistic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

I wouldn't get your hopes up. The Barstow is a muscle car, so not having a B-pillar is nothing new or surprising.

Muscle cars like the Charger, Challenger, Mustang, GTO, Chevelle, and Camaro to name examples, all lacked B-pillars.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

So I had another random thought while looking through the ideas and suggestions subforum...
    Whatever happened to the excavator?

19. Copunit12

Copunit12
    Expand Collapse

They are already in the game. They are background props. That's it lets not start that storm again and let it die.

20. 88c900t

88c900t
    Expand Collapse

As mentioned, Hardtops (which refers to a 2 door that lacks a B pillar) were common in the 60s. As much as I would love to see a wiggly, bendy convertible based off the Unibody Barstow, I wouldn't count on it. But there is a mod available here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice