1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

Well @Krueger is right. Some fullsize sedans were also available as coupes too.

Here's two examples:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. ConcordeLXi

ConcordeLXi
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, but both of those are 70s RWD coupes. Keep in mind the Wendover is an 80s FWD car

3. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

He was just providing proof that fullsize coupes are a thing.

Also, the LTD Crown Victoria is from the 80s.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Calarist

Calarist
    Expand Collapse

1989 Cadillac Fleetwood Coupe/ Coupe DeVille (And before you ask, this is both FWD and Full-Size)

They existed, but even on top of that, why could it have to? The BeamNG team doesn't have to base all of their cars off of real-life counterparts. Personally, a full-size coupe sounds pretty fun even though not that many exist in real life.

#14704 Calarist, Mar 2, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. 2swede4u

2swede4u
    Expand Collapse

Your forgetting about the mid seventies Eldorado/toronado

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. veyasan.ragulan

veyasan.ragulan
    Expand Collapse

carlover416 is specifically referring to the 80s era FWD fullsizer, as that would be most reminiscent of the Wendover

7. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

I believe I addressed the RWD/FWD distinction in my original post...

What I'm trying to say is that it may be a worthwhile exercise for the dev team to look into how the GNX's rear suspension worked to transfer the weight in a way that improved, and perhaps use some of the same ideas to do something special with the Wendover's suspension to improve traction on the front wheels. This could be one of those interesting "what if" scenarios - like how "What if a Japanese automaker tried something Porsche-like" eventually became the SBR4.

What if Buick had tried to apply what they learned on the GNX to the Rivera of the same period?

8. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

It's not a Riviera. It's the boaty, middle-of-the-road LeSabre (or a Bonneville, to match the brand).

9. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Personally I wish BeamNG had more quirky vehicles. Being a physics sim, it's a great platform for it. Weird production cars, maybe a test bed vehicle from a brand, etc...

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. Nathan24™

Nathan24™
    Expand Collapse

An official crash test cart would be cool tbh but that already exists as a mod

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

I think it's important to realize that it's not a Lesabre, Bonneville, Riviera, or Regal/Grand National. It's a Wendover.

In any case, the question still stands: What if Buick took some of the engineering ideas from the GNX and applied them to FWD cars?

12. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

The Wendover is going to be... get this... a Wendover.

Anyway, I think the closest real-world analogue will be the 2-door version of the '91 Bonneville that never existed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. atvrider65

atvrider65
    Expand Collapse

There has not been any update for the diesel engine for the d-series ? I wonder what is being planned ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Calarist

Calarist
    Expand Collapse

The mesh/textures are in the files, but there's no Jbeam, just like the tow truck.

15. 88c900t

88c900t
    Expand Collapse

Out of curiosity, how would those ideas be applied to a transverse-FWD car like the Wendover? Front suspension?

It just occurred to me, that if Beam wants to release the wendover as a coupe (at least primarily so) then they could be creating something more in the vein of the original W body AKA a Grand Prix/Lumina/Cutlass/Regal.

This would be a very positive thing, since the OG W bodies (or GM-10 project) have a wide range of body styles, powertrains, and price ranges. There were even high-revving 4s (the Olds quad-4 2.3, up to 190 hp) and even a turbo V6 in the Grand Prix Mclaren, as well as the convertible Olds cutlass. Lots of great potential in terms of diverse powertrains/bodies if they go this route. And these have less overlap with the LeGran than the H-bodies.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. 2swede4u

2swede4u
    Expand Collapse

Oh I no lol I was just mentioning early front wheel drives. I had a 89 park ave and an 88 lesabre. My dad had a 91 sedan deville. The coupes were harder to find but nicer looking in my opinion.

17. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

Maybe they will add the diesel together with the tow truck? Would make sense to have a diesel engine in a towing vehicle

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Monkeyswetz

Monkeyswetz
    Expand Collapse

We need more body styles for the cars. That would be nice. The only cars that have more than one body style is the D-Series, H-Series, and T-Series.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Calarist

Calarist
    Expand Collapse

I highly doubt that's going to happen. The tow truck has been there since 2016, and I remember seeing somewhere that it won't be added until proper rope physics are in-game. The diesel will undoubtedly be added way before the tow truck, considering that all that it needs now is diesel parts for the D-Series/Roamer/H-Series and an engine Jbeam.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Copunit12

Copunit12
    Expand Collapse

I believe somewhere that diesel engines were being worked on but I also remember distantly that the D-series was NOT getting a diesel variant but that might have been a year or two ago.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice