1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Simon Spaeth

Simon Spaeth
    Expand Collapse

Oh I really love that idea. Giving it the feeling of being part of something bigger would be great!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

There are a ton of open areas, and to be completely honest, one could sneak one or more additional towns on the map. On the train front, only WCA has train tracks, and I wouldn't be against train tracks on ECA. ECA needs a lot more houses, and probably a farm or two. Also, Firwood should have a bit of sprawl, with possibly some more houses and stores outside of the current town on some of the major roads leaving town.

But again, we know nothing about these map upgrades, and there's no precedent for map upgrades as of now. If a developer could provide more information on what these upgrades are, then we might have an idea what is considered within reason.

3. Danny Werewolf

Danny Werewolf
    Expand Collapse

I think all we know is Industrial Site and Port, with @DoullPepper doing them.

4. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

Small Island and Derby Arenas too.

Port:

Small Island, USA

Industrial Site:

Derby Arenas:

And regarding the other maps: "The current priority is the oldest maps first, working up to the newer ones."

• Like Like x 2
  5. Danny Werewolf

Danny Werewolf
    Expand Collapse

Oh god...I’d need some private time with those screenshots...

Also, I would rather like It if they were released in a group. It would feel much more like a refurbishing than a normal update imo

6. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

The first 4 are confirmed to be released in the upcoming update.

Likely ECA and Hirochi Raceway will be re-released together, and probably alongside JRI too, but that's for later.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Danny Werewolf

Danny Werewolf
    Expand Collapse

I would also like a legacy version either in a thread or on the repo, like with what happened with Dry Rock Island

8. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

You probably won't need those, as you can set you game to 0.14 using the betas (if you have steam). Legacy versions would be nice, but I doubt they'll release them on the repo (as they never released the old derby arenas (Winter) and small island designs (Fall)).

• Like Like x 1
  9. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

Train tracks on WCUSA, as in the type meant for heavy rail and train mods?

There is a farm, as one of the spawnpoints. A few more farmhouses would be nice, along with some visible crops in the nearby open areas.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

I was referring to light rail (Elevated rail on WCA), however there is conventional rail in the streets of WCA.

By farm, I was indicating a functional farm. The farmhouse doesn't appear to be near any crops, so likely it's just a house at this point, however it might have been a farm back in the day.

11. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

I think it's fair that the Bluebuck gets a taxi variant too, since the Burnside did.

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Also, just remembered that one of the entrances to Utah's looping tunnel is also very rough. Think it's the west side.

EDIT: Also, altitude/sea level correction. Most maps in this game have a view to open ocean; none of them have this ocean at an altitude of 0 (for most, it's well above that). Some maps don't have a "main water block"; but seem off anyway; at Utah, for example, none of the roads exceed 1000 feet, while Hirochi Raceway having so much area below 100 feet seems low to me. Given that this game is known to use air pressure, via altitude, in calculating both engine output and aerodynamic forces, you'd think this might be a priority.

#14832 NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck, Mar 17, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Copunit12

Copunit12
    Expand Collapse

It's possible that for now it's just a placeholder.

14. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

In regards to the whole map upgrade thing, I honestly believe that all maps should exist at the same quality standard. As of now, you can jump back and forth from older, less detailed maps, to Italy and such. The same can be said for vehicles. Hopefully, by the time of release, all maps will be at the Italy quality level, or above. However, the whole "Map Upgrade" thing is a new concept, and we don't know what it entails. Hopefully @DoullPepper or another developer could make it clear as to what these upgrades are. :)

https://www.beamng.com/threads/update-speculation-thread.20246/page-741#post-1005114 Also putting a link to my original, more detailed post on this topic here.

• Agree Agree x 8
  15. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

You know, I had a really good bad idea. Maybe we could go to r/racetrackdesign, and get them to help with the Industrial Site and Hirochi Raceway upgrades. Even if the layouts stay exactly the same, they could advise on things like runoff area, facilities, decoration, etc. @tdev @synsol @Nadeox1 @DoullPepper @B25Mitch @LJFHutch (did I miss anyone?)

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Addicti0nToB00st

Addicti0nToB00st
    Expand Collapse

I think @DoullPepper will do grand job on that part.

17. CN877

CN877
    Expand Collapse

The devs after all this pinging:

266905557007202.png

Yes! I would personally love a period-correct gasser config :D

I would especially like a Blueback/Barstow Gasser with an altered wheelbase, sidepipes, stacks, crazy decals etc.

Similar to this:
    120-vi.jpg 619729-1000-0.jpg sucp-121200-gas-01-hr.jpg

Perhaps even a Fiat Topolino inspired gasser for the Autobello? ;)
    1937-fiat-topolino-gasser-hot-off-the-line-mike-capone.jpg

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  18. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

wut, someone pinged me :|

Sure, why not

• Like Like x 17
  19. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

Likely only for the latter. Industrial site appears to feature a makeshift set of raceways, unlike Hirochi Raceway, which is an official racetrack.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Well, it could be like a small club or kart track. The paved one does have rumble curbs and (ramshackle, abandoned) pit buildings. However I will do Hirochi Raceway first. With the Indurstrial Site I'd have to be able to feed them clearer details on what the original philosophy of the place was supposed to be, how long ago it was abandoned, etc. etc. etc.

I'll be taking this over there later tonight; have to do a landfill run and study a bit first (I'm working towards a CompTIA A+ cert).

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice