1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

And even turbocharged engines losing power at high altutude. The Turbocharger does not maintaining manifold pressure. It just use a power coefficient to calculate engine power output ratio to a NA engine

2. Flippi 284

Flippi 284
    Expand Collapse

It should probably stay FWD if it's supposed to keep it's status as a bigger and crappier LeGran. RWD would be interesting but probably wouldn't make too much sense in a car like this.

• Like Like x 1
  3. 88c900t

88c900t
    Expand Collapse

It wouldn't be RWD unless it was radically changed, since it's based heavily on the GM H-body.

Since they are planning on making it a coupe, it might more resemble the E body (Toronado/Riviera) but I'm holding out hope they go in more towards a W body direction, since unlike the E or H body it has a large variety of engines, transmissions, and was available as a sedan too-think of it as a more modern replacement for the LeGran (which is pretty accurate from a real-life perspective-the W body was the A body's (legran) logical successor to compete with the Taurus). This would give the Legran/Wendover an old/new Pessima dynamic.

The W body also had sportiness credentials that the A/H/E bodies never had. Still though, in all likelihood the Wendover would look a little something like this

And not this, which would have much more variety and be a true competitor to the Old Pessima. Still, we have to wait for the Bluebuck first.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

Note the 0.16 RELEASE version.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 4
  5. Capkirk

Capkirk
    Expand Collapse

Looks like we are getting a new world editor for 0.16, and 0.16 may be out quite soon. I don't know how the BeamNG team names their internal test versions, but RELEASE seems like a pretty good indicator that it's just about done, probably just last minute bug fixes and waiting for steam to push the update now.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

You remember how Nadeox1 posted 1-2 weeks for bugs and alike in discussion about update cycles?

7. Capkirk

Capkirk
    Expand Collapse

I am aware. However, like I said, the fact it is named RELEASE and not TEST or something implies bug fixing is done. Of course, I don't know how the BeamNG team names their internal test versions, so what ends up being the update could be FINAL_RELEASE_FORREALTHISTIME(3).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Alex [ITA]

Alex [ITA]
    Expand Collapse

Well today is Friday… Basically 3 months from the last major update. Not gonna create some hypetrain, but I just let you know that the new update may occur this weekend or the next one due to Easter.

9. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, ways can wary between companies etc. I'm just thinking that it is bit eager to draw conclusions of update being imminent, I mean man has not posted countdown :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Capkirk

Capkirk
    Expand Collapse

True, releasing an update with this little warning would be unusual. If it's not this Friday, it'll probably be the next, but I could be wrong.

11. anselme

anselme
    Expand Collapse

also, @synsol confirmed that his diesel mod for ibishu... are going to be updated "soon"

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Jaime Palmer

Jaime Palmer
    Expand Collapse

And , is a bit late for releasing it today, is 19:25 here and I think last update by this time was out already

13. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Nadeox posted the update is soon in the "y iz Beams dead" thread

"Release" in that screenshot

Easter is next week, and the dev's love releasing updates near holidays

A sufficient time has passes since the last update

That's a lot of signs, though it looks like this will be a small update with the eSBR being the only big introduction. I suppose we did get a nice update in December, not every update has to be big. I say this every update, but I hope we at least get some nice parts for existing vehicles in this update. Relatively easy way to fill up an update with content.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Glitchy

Glitchy
    Expand Collapse

I respect the developers highly, but I remember content being a bit more prevalent back in 2015-2016. Again, I'm not doubting their work by any means, I'm just saying that I think that a lot of things could definitely change.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Agreed. I've been saying for months now we need an Over the Horizon 2 post. Content now is certainly higher quality, but they we aren't really sure where they are going. Now that torsion bars and airbags are in the game, will vehicles be able to come out faster since less research for features is needed?..

We still don't know what TDev's comment about career mode meant, we still don't know the plans with maps now that WCUSA and Italy are out, we've had a couple of vague comments about upcoming vehicles but not enough to know what to expect. TDev made those random comments about an airport trolley and moveable yachts and never elaborated, so we don't know if they were scrapped or coming when Italy is finished or postponed or anything. We don't even know what that comment about yachts even means.

Right now I'm assuming their plan is to focus on the game aspects (career mode, UI, etc...) which will come out in 1.0 or the major update immediately preceding it, then get onto a 2-3 vehicle per year + focus on vehicle customization schedule after 1.0. No idea what will happen with maps, or their business plan once 1.0 hits.

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. Nissan Skyline

Nissan Skyline
    Expand Collapse

When did airbags get developed? I don't remember seeing anything about that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Harkin Gaming

Harkin Gaming
    Expand Collapse

Air suspension. Not SRS. Air suspension was added with the Wentward and was retrofitted to the T-Series.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Nissan Skyline

Nissan Skyline
    Expand Collapse

Ah that makes sense.

19. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

Image is gone.

*suspicion*

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. Harkin Gaming

Harkin Gaming
    Expand Collapse

The image was changed. Now it doesn't say "release" anymore. I think we might be on to something. Based on previous update releases, I am convinced it will be Easter or Good Friday.

• Agree Agree x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice