1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Blood-PawWerewolf

Blood-PawWerewolf
    Expand Collapse

I won’t be surprised if the update releases today, yet I will be surprised if it doesn’t.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. sjbphoto

sjbphoto
    Expand Collapse

I get why people want newer cars and stuff, but imo old cars are much more fun in beam than new cars (except for a few new cars). Everyone wants lambs and super cars, but those imo are boring. Old cars are fun, more customizable, and more comfortable. We already have so many cars and hatches, yet we only have one suv and one truck. IMHO it’s time for another truck/suv combo for beam.
    --- Post updated ---
    The blue buck looks really good tho, so I’m stoked for that.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Node

Node
    Expand Collapse

The idea of newer cars in Beam IMO is to show off new features (Dash with a display, satnav, safer body, and many more features that can be added). I honestly disagree on your point that older cars are more customizable, and comfortable? Yes they are more complex but that never stopped anyone from modifying newer vehicles. I really want to see how will Beam handle even more modern cars than the etk800/etk k. Of course my opinion doesn't matter since I'm not a developer but that's just my two cents on it. :)

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

Just got a PM from tdev, the update will be released some time in December. It will include support for 4-dimensional vehicles and will only support raytracing-enabled graphics cards with at least 64 GB GDDR8.

• Informative Informative x 16
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. sjbphoto

sjbphoto
    Expand Collapse

I get that. And I do agree with that. That’s just our opinions on it. I won’t be mad if they add modern cars, as long as they aren’t stupid Lamborghinis and super cars. I would rather have newer suvs and trucks, over super cars. I would personally like to see more older cars. Not necessarily super old. Again tho, imo, we need more suvs and trucks. We already have a bunch of coupes and sedans but, the suvs and truck department is lacking.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Mr. Avanzato

Mr. Avanzato
    Expand Collapse

imagine believing that a new update will release.

7. sjbphoto

sjbphoto
    Expand Collapse

You also have to member the vehicles they choose also have to be able to be made with a reasonable poly count isn’t the model. The reason lambos most likely will never be dev made, is because with how complex the bodies are, poly count would be really high. Where as older cars are more smooth, flowing lines, and 80s-90s are super easy cause they are more boxy and edged.
    --- Post updated ---
    It will you just gotta be patient.
    --- Post updated ---
    But yeah, modern cars are harder to impltement because of the modeling. Higher poly counts are typically corelated with newer car models. But, yeah I thinks it’s possible, but again, in my personal taste, older cars are better. Which is probably why I still have my 04 Durango that doesn’t even run lol.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

So if there's no update today, can we at least get some major teaser pics? I feel like that's fair considering one of the devs intentionally misled us to believe an update was coming today.

9. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

It is a bit odd that we haven't seen any pics of the SBR facelift, or info as to the model year

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Raft

Raft
    Expand Collapse

i speculate that the update will definitely come out on a day

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Aren't they usually at night in German timezones?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Jaime Palmer

Jaime Palmer
    Expand Collapse

European cars are better in so many ways that I can expend hours telling why, for example, give me the best american luxury car brand, I don't know, maybe Cadillac?, Ok, take the best Cadillac of any year and compare it with any of the luxury german cars, I'm not german but they are bloody good making such a cars, then take whatever sportscar like the Corvette and do the same , pick any year model and compare the design with the italian ones, there's just no competence!
    Then the engineering, sorry, I do admit you did great planes back in the 60's like the blackbird, but american cars drivetrain is the dumbest thing in the world, I know that comes because your roads are mainly straight lines so you have no corners, and also your engines are pathetic in terms of efficiency, you need 5000cc to get the same power of an 1600cc/2000cc japanese or european, and that comes because it was the easy way to get the power and you had a lot of petrol to burn, not clever at all.

In Europe and Japan we have small cars due to we have ancient cities with narrow streets, and the most of us don't need a dodge ram or similar to go to buy bred at the corner's bakery!

So the things are like that, if you want nice design go for european cars, nice engineered cars, go for euro cars, reliability, go for japanese and euro to. If you want a noisy heavy sheet metal coffin go for american cars.... ... ... ... ... The thing is that american cars looks cool in the movies, but for real driving experience please give me a german Porsche, a britt Caterham and a french R5 turbo or Peugeot 205 GTI (those little cars will destroy in a racetrack* american cars with the double of horses)

*Racetrack stands for a track with straight lines followed by left and right corners with a different angle and length. Something totally different of your drag tracks and ovals... poor americans, they don't know about racing... ;)

13. DankMemeBunny

DankMemeBunny
    Expand Collapse

i think this amazing update will come out at a time

14. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

The update will come when it's ready.
    We are refining the last few things we think should be in there ( rather than keeping them for later smaller update ) :)

I don't recall any posts from us that says so. Rather it got interpreted wrong?:oops:

#15234 Nadeox1, Apr 23, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

vmlinuz probably meant how Thomatoes agreed to something like 4 of my comments saying the update will probably be today, which was probably because my comments also all said it wouldn't be last Friday

As for that American car rant... Here we go...

We don't have small cars because we don't need small cars. And the Corvettes have always held their own weight in races against cars way more expensive. I'm too lazy to respond to anything else in this discusion.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Jaime Palmer

Jaime Palmer
    Expand Collapse

Of course you don't need them, that's why I pointed out why we need them, is just a matter of different layout of the cities. Don't get me wrong, the american cars have something special, they are stupid but cool at the same time, no offence!. And yes the corvette since the C6 is a good car that you can compare to the euro sports cars, but still not the best looking car if you compare with italian design, Can we agree that the italians are the best designing cars?

And let the devs finish their job!, there's no contract of what specific day an update must be, I love that sentence used by CDProjektRed release "when it's ready"

17. waboll

waboll
    Expand Collapse

I dont agree with italians having the best design and american cars being stupid. you sound a lot like US hater im sorry but thats how it looks to me. lets not stretch that conversation its update speculation after all

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. LukeFHJ

LukeFHJ
    Expand Collapse

Everyone's like little children at Christmas waiting for an update.

It'll come when it's ready, why would you want the developers to reveal everything prior to release of the update? It just ruins it all. I like to download the update and look for changes myself, it's more fun to find the changes myself.

This thread should of been deleted a long time ago.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

1. Should've
    2. What are you, the grinch?

• Like Like x 2
  20. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Remember how things were before this thread? I do. Just pay a visit to the older posts in the developer section to remember.

Also, what's the point of an internet game forum where having civil discusions about said game is not allowed?

• Agree Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice