1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

Best post 2019

• Agree Agree x 16
  2. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

They do seem a bit oddly conservative with the Bluebuck teasers. If the thumbnails are done and the car has been in game since February, then they could show the body. Not saying what they should do, just that it's an interesting change, especially since it was one of the more anticipated cars of the original batch.

3. wearyNATE15

wearyNATE15
    Expand Collapse

I didnt even know who ferrettank was, let alone knew that he was a mod, but hes already my favorite mod. Cant wait for the offroad section on Hirochi Raceway!

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Acrain7

Acrain7
    Expand Collapse

i, for one, am glad that they aren't showing many teasers for the bluebuck- it just makes it that more exciting when it comes out, since we really have no idea what it looks like up-close, or how it drives, we get to experience this new vehicle for what it is truly firsthand, making it that more special!

• Agree Agree x 10
  5. TobiBenzi

TobiBenzi
    Expand Collapse

I'd also guess that they are a bit (maybe a bit is an understatement) scared to show any too "revealing" pictures/teasers because it could be "mistaken" by certain people to be a definite confirmation for the update to be released right now.
    The devs will have their reasons, the devs always have their reasons. And they are almost always good reasons.
    I'm sure they want to avoid a situation like on Easter 2017 when the Hopper came out... People nearly lost their minds then..
    We'll see the Bluebuck sooner or later. And we will all enjoy it to bits.

#16425 TobiBenzi, Jul 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Meanwhile I'm still over here hyping hard. Every weekend I keep thinking this will be the one where the update comes out.

I just hope the off-road trails on Hirochi Raceway don't replaced the abandoned sections.

7. enjoyinorc6742

enjoyinorc6742
    Expand Collapse

no speculation on the updates to the Hirochi Speedway?

8. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

I still think it'll be either August 23rd or 30th. That puts it a week or two after the average time between updates, around the time of their competitors scheduled big update, and gives enough time for the teasers to slow down before the update.

As for the off road corse itself: The abandoned track is used in a quickrace, so it should not get replaced due to backwards compatibility concerns with scenarios. Plus, the abandoned track is really cool (it's one of the things I'm more excited to see what happens to it)

I'm wondering if these off road trails are just random trails or some sorta off road competition trail deal. That pic with the logs laid out nicely makes me think it's some sorta competition trail.

Either way, I hope to see some cool new abandoned assets. If I can't get it in ECUSA hopefully I'll see it in Hirochi Raceway (which hopefully will be more of a raceway park than just the single track. I'm sure something fun can fit in that big infield)

9. Cutlass

Cutlass
    Expand Collapse

I wonder if gridmap will receive updates.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  10. SebastianJDM

SebastianJDM
    Expand Collapse

i hadn't thought of that, it really has been a while...

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Tixltif

Tixltif
    Expand Collapse

I think gridmap is mostly finished to be honest, any more and it might be to cramped

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Copunit12

Copunit12
    Expand Collapse

Still need that drag strip asphalt from WCUSA in gridmap.

• Agree Agree x 12
  13. Nicelittle

Nicelittle
    Expand Collapse

I don’t think they are showing the body of Bluebuck yet so we don’t complain about it like the whole indicator things with the Autobello. Just a guess though.

And also, with the pictures with dirty tires, could we be getting a universal dirt texture for tires that applies when you go on dirt?

#16433 Nicelittle, Jul 25, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  14. RecklessRodeo

RecklessRodeo
    Expand Collapse

I don't know... Would be really cool though! But if it is, the texture should slowly appear and disappear and would have more than 1 texture.

15. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Gridmap is just a big playground essentially. Nothing to be considered "finished", there's always random stuff that could be added
    --- Post updated ---
    They aren't showing the body off so that if there are any innacuracies it will make it to full release and be a bigger problem? That wouldn't make much sense... At least one dev said that details like those don't always come up during the research phase and it's helpful to them to hear feedback.

#16435 ManfredE3, Jul 25, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

Maybe some asset updates, improved textures, etc... Though I think Gridmap feels incomplete. The test areas all feel too small, not like complete sub-sections. Gridmap feels more like a tech demo map than say a testing facility like the Automation test track.

Remember the last time, I think it was FLyInG 2 YoUr SoUL, who basically went postal on the vehicle artists for blatantly ignoring historical details on the Piccolina. Now, while he might not be as knowledgeable about say, US regulations and historical details of vehicles of the early 1960s, there are several other members with his mentality that are just as passionate (MrAnnoyingDude for example,) and it's likely the devs would like to avoid that happening again.

And not to mention the body was reported to have been completely reworked within the last year or so, they're also possibly keeping it a surprise.

#16436 Driv3r1142, Jul 25, 2019
  17. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

The Bubu looked really square in that one teaser, so that is a possibility. I liked the original style, but we will see how it is.

As for what happened, remember that it took absolute ages for him to get the devs attention, and only after at least one dev brushed off historical accuracy completely and multiple community members got rather aggressive with their opposing stance.

#16437 ManfredE3, Jul 25, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

The Bluebuck looked about the same to me, if not more refined than it did in the original rendering... Its almost impossible to tell though from a few pixels and how far away it was in the video clip.

I also remember, remember feeling bad for the devs in that instance with the Piccolina too. And I know that he got the devs attention with the first post (They do read posts, especially when they're tagged by name,) they were probably really hoping that by playing the silent game he'd quit before they had a small crisis on their hands. He went "postal" to quote my own wording, and that's ok it was a misunderstanding... Poor choices by both parties led to that, and the devs might be trying to take measures to avoid that sort of incident again (By not posting detailed teaser pics of both new content and major changes to existing content.)

I apologize if I sounded rude or blunt in my previous post, I shouldn't have brought up the incident regarding the details on the Piccolina, I just felt it was relevant :/

19. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

It was not just about "historical details". There were blatant errors - like, the teaser car equipped with too many turn signals - that would have been errors and inaccuracies at any place and time.

Also, I didn't "go postal" up until my well-documented complaints were disregarded as "silly unmotivated nitpicks" by pretty much everyone, devs included, which struck me as unprofessional to say the least...

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

piccolina with semaphores

• Agree Agree x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice