1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. RecklessRodeo

RecklessRodeo
    Expand Collapse

I hope the devs will give the cars will get as high quality and as era appropriate skins like the Bluebuck.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. 98crownvic

98crownvic
    Expand Collapse

I really hate to be a downer, especially because I'm one of the more update-fixated members of this forum, but based off Stenyak's phrasing, it's almost as if we might not see the update until next week. That seems odd, due to all the trailers and such, 'releasing videos in advance', what does that mean? Are we talking a day in advance, a week?

3. jerrie

jerrie
    Expand Collapse

that could be. but why release the teasers in such a way without the update coming this week. it basicly hypes everyone and puts the forums on overdrive. it makes little sense to delay the update. as for being more transparent, a few pics could have still got the point across, without putting the forums on hypemode.

4. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Reading that steam thread hurt my brain...

As for the update, I say tomorrow. I believe the devblog gets written somewhat last minute usually, and then it takes some time to push the update through steam. So "not ready" now could still mean it'll be ready at the usual time.

As for the Wendover, there isn't any reason we know of that this car should take awhile to develop. Simple shape, LeGran engines, such a boring car that we might only see a couple of factory configs and one custom version. It's such a boring car that there just is not anything unusual to add to it that I can think of. Plus, we don't know of any other big content they could drop for the holiday update, which is an important one if playing Game Dev Tycoon taught me anything. I don't have any real expectations, just a shot in the dark.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. CN877

CN877
    Expand Collapse

If read the whole thread you can see he likely posted that to calm down the demanding and ignorant kids complaining about the update not being released, implying the developers are just keeping it to themselves because they can.

It's easier to say 'the update is not ready' rather than 'the update is ready but we are just applying the finishing touches and writing the devblog'

So yea, there's still a chance it could be today, however I still wouldn't be surprised if it releases next week.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. 98crownvic

98crownvic
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, at this point I'm not really sure anymore. I've speculated many potential dates, starting back in late July, so who knows.
    --- Post updated ---
    Yeah, you have a point. That thread was definitely some sub-par discussion at best. I guess we'll see either way soon enough.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. falcon xr8

falcon xr8
    Expand Collapse

I kinda want ( sorry for posting lots Lately ) But i wonder, As NOT everyone here uses/sees stream, There are more people on this forums that that thread. I hope they can give us a ETA, They have before.

If no ETA, At least on here Ok guys the update wont this this week, or next week,

I know it will be sweet, I just hope they said it on stream to keep the beggars at Bay ?

I am worried they said to keep the blog alive. I hope we don't have to wait till OCT or something.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

I like how Stenyak's attempt to calm down the steam kids has worked up people here

And I'm still laughing at the fact that he got called a bot by the steam kids

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 2
  9. BigHeadedRacer

BigHeadedRacer
    Expand Collapse

The suspense and drama is killing me

• Agree Agree x 6
  10. jerrie

jerrie
    Expand Collapse

every day i have to wait the less i care about the update coming soon. i mean yeah, i am still excited, but constantly getting hyped for something that will probably take a while to come out gets tireing. so eh, i can wait.

• Like Like x 1
  11. umustbeloggedintododat

umustbeloggedintododat
    Expand Collapse

Same...

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. 98crownvic

98crownvic
    Expand Collapse

There's still a chance it could come out today, we should still be in the window of 'prime update time'.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Randomguy12

Randomguy12
    Expand Collapse

Just got back from vacation, just saw the trailer, it looks nice!

14. EuroTrucker

EuroTrucker
    Expand Collapse

when does 'prime time' end? I wonder if It'll be pushed in the next 30 minutes, otherwise if it releases tomorrow it'll be my birthday present.

@Randomguy12 both the trailers look awesome, good hype builders.

15. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

Someone here said 5-8pm in Bremen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. EuroTrucker

EuroTrucker
    Expand Collapse

ok cool, so it's most likely that I won't get it as a birthday present unless I use CEST or UTC.

17. marijn123@lol

marijn123@lol
    Expand Collapse

I hope it is before august 20 because than my school starts

18. Randomguy12

Randomguy12
    Expand Collapse

Wait so are people speculating tomorrow for the update?

Also, did the Bluebuck trailer show any important new bits of maps?

19. 98crownvic

98crownvic
    Expand Collapse

According to my (questionable) math skills, 'prime time' is about til 1 PM for me, it's currently 10:40 AM.

20. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

it's 20 to 5 for me and germany's an hour ahead of me

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice