1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. needforsuv

needforsuv
    Expand Collapse

dont worry the roll cage / reinforcement is for making sure the back end of a trailer doesnt skewer you

2. crazikyle

crazikyle
    Expand Collapse

#1782 crazikyle, Sep 22, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
  3. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

• Like Like x 12
  4. austint30

austint30
    Expand Collapse

I sense sarcasm! :)

5. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

no, just being upfront honest about that

• Like Like x 11
  6. Deleted member 126452

Deleted member 126452
    Expand Collapse

Btw, would there be a way to turn on only certain parts of the online activity, for example to download mods but no more than that?

7. Drivver

Drivver
    Expand Collapse

Well there's quite a bit info in translation part. As it is open for public and everybody can see it and there wasn't any NDA to sign etc. I think I'm free to say what is there and speculate a bit here. Somebody may take this informations as spoilers (and I understand it, I like the way devs surprise us with features/content and I like to test things by myself before I know too much about them) so...

- SPOILER ALERT -

Ok you've been warned, let's start:

1. Serious advanced driving school by ETK is being prepared - "ETK Driver Training Facility" = new map, you'll have numerous of trainings there. From basics like accelerating and braking, cornering, chaning lines to some more advanced like recovering from spin, learning how to drift on skid pad, μ-braking (aka mu braking / split braking) etc. There's a lot of messages when you fail like "You hit a cone!" - that makes me think did they found a way to simulate more soft-body objects so cones will be all around training course or just sparlesly placed to not exceed 47 objects (in 64bit mode). Some of training will happen on Hirochi Raceway - as it is now.

I hope passing this tests will be one of the requirements for racing in carrier.

2. Dry Rock Island - suitable for: "deletion" :D

3. There's car dealership map, that have 60% of asphalt and 40% of dirt roads and is placed in east coast of USA - well that's probably map that devs used in trailer, so actually nothing new. Also devs use different test maps for testing tires, groundmodels, sounds etc.

4. Italy will have 70% of asphalt roads and 30% of dirt roads (as it stand for now),
    Suitable for: "rally"
    Desciption: "Winding asphalt roads through a small island, a city and lots of coast."
    features: "rallycross track, drift track, race track, port area"- This line MAY NOT be true - look at post below
    - well it was pretty obvious but it's nice to have things comfirmed.

5. Campaign will be splited to charpters, after you complete one charpter there will be summary and you'll be able to compare result to rest of community and to the best. Some missions seems quite a bit controversially, as i.ex. you'll have to push enemy out of a cliff and you'll get outro comic (preview of how it will looks like is in "Something is still in the horizon" blogpost) or you'll have to attach your car to "rubberband" which will be connected to the side of the road and use it to jump across river. As for now there are 2 charpters and this 2 missions in them look quite surreal. Most of it (all up to 2nd charpter?) happen on Utah including some challanges where you'll have to go as far as possible without using brakes, gears etc. just steering or another one called "wall jump". There are different endings of this campaigns in some cases you're allowed to be defeated by enemy and you'll progress but with different outro comic.

Anyway interesting stuff, maybe it will be kinda like in Driver San Francisco - that all of this what happened was just a dream? Well just my speculation - and I'm probably wrong about it.

6. Planned to add random spontaneous explosion of enemy cars in drag races - nice ;)

Edit: 7 - New scenarios i.ex. one called "Corridor" - where you'll have to avoid truck that is heading at you at high speed and you're in tight corridor. /edit

- /SPOILER ALERT -

I'll add more info if more new things will be added for translation - obviously things are prone to change and seems like nothing of above is going to be released in next update (excluding scenarios), more like in further future.

#1787 Drivver, Sep 23, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
    • Like Like x 6
  8. LJFHutch

LJFHutch
    Expand Collapse
    Environment Artist
    BeamNG Team

Not to be a downer but that's a leftover from the Small Island files :D SI shouldn't have that either, I think that is the description of industrial at some point.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Drivver

Drivver
    Expand Collapse

#1789 Drivver, Sep 23, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
  10. Ahnaf458

Ahnaf458
    Expand Collapse

what are the devs currently working on for the game? i love big changes! and this wait since the last update tells me there will be lots of new stuff..... anyone know any confirmed content?

11. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

Check page one of the UST (Update Speculation Thread, page 1, post 1), it shows what may or may not come.

12. ClassyClassic

ClassyClassic
    Expand Collapse

They've been doing a lot of back-end stuff, that we probably won't notice. It might might the download size a little smaller though. The only confirmed content I know of for the next update will be an updated Andriod driving app, (and iOS Companion coming soon) which I'm pretty excited about.

#1792 ClassyClassic, Sep 24, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
  13. 1185323118

Expand Collapse

Nearly 2 months since the last update, remember tdev said 4~6 weeks at some point in August. I bet 0 bucks that the next update will come 2 weeks after a LeGran's in-game screenshot release in the official development screenshot thread, unless Gabe actually has a big problem on LeGran that they have to delay the time to release the car. West Coast USA definitely won't be in the next update since the city is still in early stage

14. Ahnaf458

Ahnaf458
    Expand Collapse

i dont know about LeGran, but West coast USA will definitely not come this year i think, i have my fingers crossed for italy for this year tho :p

• Like Like x 2
  15. crazikyle

crazikyle
    Expand Collapse

West coast will come a long time before italy. It has a final terrain, and roads, whereas Italy is still in a planning phase for the most part. The terrain is not finalized, there are no roads, and for the most part the most complete part of its is the vegetation.

• Like Like x 2
  16. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

i dont usually involve myself in speculatory discussion but im bored and like sharing my opinion so why not.
    I think that WCU will come sometime late november early december considering that the devs work super quick for the amount of detail, finesse and creativity that is put into official maps. Italy though i doubt will come this year. We have heard considerbly little about it compared to WCU which has had a fair amount of exposure.
    A teaser was put up by B25Mitch before the 6.0 update and showed off the hillclimb sunburst on the racetrack that is being made for the map. in the video you could see part of the city but i think it was just a placeholder.
    Now if you look at the progress in the link below and one of the latest devs blogs
    http://www.beamng.com/threads/west-coast-usa-progress.26882/#post-448516
    you can see that lots of the city and major road networks have been done.
    I have a feeling though that most of the main stuff of the Italy map like towns and roads has been hidden and they are further than we think they are.
    Thats enough from me though.
    byeeeeeeeeeee

CreasingCurve

• Like Like x 1
  17. Deleted member 126452

Deleted member 126452
    Expand Collapse

Phew.

18. Drivver

Drivver
    Expand Collapse

19. Deleted member 126452

Deleted member 126452
    Expand Collapse

Would be nice considering we have colour sliders that don't do anything.

20. SuperNoob05

SuperNoob05
    Expand Collapse

They actually do something, though. They adjust the colors on the racing steering wheels, Pretty useless though IMO.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice